Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Noob Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 04:18 AM
SL Member

Default Noob Questions

Ok not sure if this was right place to post or not but here goes. I am first gonna start off by saying I am relatively new to this site and to the whole forum posting thing. I have had my tc for about a year and a half now. For now it is just my daily driver that I go to shows with from time to time, but eventually I may take it to a local track with some friends and run her from time to time. I have done minimal work to it so far. Better brakes and rotors have the trd lowering kit, upgraded the exhaust s pipe back, and have intake and ingalls engine torque dampner, but that is all in terms of performance. I want to get a little more pep out of my tc so I was thinking of buying a turbo kit. Since this is my daily driver I dont need it to be like fast and the furious or anything but I wanna be able to get on it when I want to. I am not extremely wealthy so I do mods as I can. I am expecting to get some money in october which is when if I do this it would go down. When in terms of installing a turbo I know minimal things but I believe just buying a turbo kit isnt the only thing you need. What else would I need? Or could I buy the kit first install it and then add other parts as I get the money? I also would be installing as much of the parts as I could myself in my grandfathers garage, he is a trained mechanic. Also I dont really understand this part do some or all turbo kits require specialized tuning, and where do you go for that? I dont mean to offend anyone by this, and just to reassure you I am not some young kid who is an inexperienced driver looking to go as fast as I can. As I said b4 I am just trying to get a little more pep out of the old girl.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:10 PM
SL Member

Help anyone?
Old 05-12-2007, 04:44 PM

sorry dude, but ah... use the search button, your questions indicate that you haven't even as much as browsed through these forums.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:56 PM
SL Member

Um yes I have. I am new to the forum here and am unaware what to search instead of being a jerk you could help and tell me what to search. I am here to learn. I am sorry I wasnt born knowing how to do everything unlike you sir! If anyone could at least point me in the right direction that would be appretiated.