Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

NST Supercharger pulley update 2/2/06...check it out!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default NST Supercharger pulley update 2/2/06...check it out!!

So I finally got a chance to get this pulley in after its been sittin in my kitchen in a box for the past 2 days. All I can say is that I am EXTREMELY pleased with the results. The car has much more response and pulls a hell of a lot harder from 3000-6200 RPM's. No belt slippage and I dont think that it will after time cause the belt is still pretty tight. On my first test drive I ripped through first then hit second and the wheels started slipping so badly that I banged third and felt like I was gonna rip my axle apart
I gotta give a round of applause to NST for making this pulley for our S/C setups
These guys have some of the best customer service I have ever encountered and I would absolutely hands down reccomend NST to anyone with a supercharger looking to pick up a few more whp for REAL REAL cheap. My TRD boost gauge kit is in the mail so I will let you guys know exactly how much boost I am hitting when I get it next week.
Ohh yea, forgot to add, my Forge bypass valve sounds like a shreaking bat now when it hits like 4500 RPMs
Old 01-19-2006, 08:31 PM
Banned
SL Member

What color pulley did you get? I wish there was another option for us regular non-dealership employees. An option that would retain warranty.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Soo...Installed the NST Supercharger pulley and WOW!!

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
So I finally got a chance to get this pulley in after its been sittin in my kitchen in a box for the past 2 days. All I can say is that I am EXTREMELY pleased with the results. The car has much more response and pulls a hell of a lot harder from 3000-6200 RPM's. No belt slippage and I dont think that it will after time cause the belt is still pretty tight. On my first test drive I ripped through first then hit second and the wheels started slipping so badly that I banged third and felt like I was gonna rip my axle apart
I gotta give a round of applause to NST for making this pulley for our S/C setups
These guys have some of the best customer service I have ever encountered and I would absolutely hands down reccomend NST to anyone with a supercharger looking to pick up a few more whp for REAL REAL cheap. My TRD boost gauge kit is in the mail so I will let you guys know exactly how much boost I am hitting when I get it next week.
Ohh yea, forgot to add, my Forge bypass valve sounds like a shreaking bat now when it hits like 4500 RPMs
um... your BPV should not shreak... how much boost is it advertised to give you?
Old 01-19-2006, 08:41 PM
Banned
SL Member

[quote="motozen"]
how much boost is it advertised to give you?
It is advertised as 9.5 psi. .5 psi more than the ZPI pulley. The ZPI pulley dynoed ast 21 whp or something @ 9psi. I would hope that 9.5psi would yield 25whp
Old 01-19-2006, 08:42 PM
Banned
SL Member

[quote="motozen"]
how much boost is it advertised to give you?
It is advertised as 9.5 psi. .5 psi more than the ZPI pulley. The ZPI pulley dynoed ast 21 whp or something @ 9psi. I would hope that 9.5psi would yield 25whp
Old 01-19-2006, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by motozen
um... your BPV should not shreak... how much boost is it advertised to give you?
Umm...I installed it backwards...thanks for your concern though
Old 01-19-2006, 09:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Scion-ce
What color pulley did you get? I want to get the NST pulley too for my s/c tC but am afraid of the dealer trying to give me the shaft and void my warranty. I guess you don't have to worry about that one, huh? I wish there was another option for us regular non-dealership employees. An option that would retain warranty.
I got the black one anyway...just cause I didnt want people to notice the difference right away
Old 01-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Banned
SL Member

So let me ask you since you work at a dealership. Is anyone that decides to swap s/c pulleys pretty much screwed when it comes to dealership cooperation and warranty?
Old 01-19-2006, 09:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

So let me ask you since you work at a dealership. Is anyone that decides to swap s/c pulleys pretty much screwed when it comes to dealership cooperation and warranty?
truthfully, the pulley looks almost the same except for size...and the standard pulley has a matte finish to it unlike the NST pulley which is an anodized finish. I can almost guarantee that any A mechanic wouldnt even be able to tell the difference in the pulleys.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:13 PM
Banned
SL Member

My concern is more about the tamperproof cap than anything. Is it really no cap=no warranty, no questions asked?
Old 01-19-2006, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

My concern is more about the tamperproof cap than anything. Is it really no cap=no warranty, no questions asked?
I dunno man...I really couldnt tell you...all I can say is that it would probly vary from dealer to dealer...It seems like a lot of people on here didnt even get their caps installed from the begining...mine was never put on and I never even requested to have them leave it off...I think thats cause they knew I was doing the pulley swap anyway but who knows.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

About time
Old 01-19-2006, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Munch
About time

Old 01-20-2006, 03:03 AM
Banned
SL Member

Can you tell us more about your first impression?
Old 01-20-2006, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for the info now the a techs will know!!! wahahaha !!! some will know dont look down at the techs. so bad. cause im one of them...
Old 01-20-2006, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

my first impression was really good...I was actually really surprised. The true way of telling how much power you actually pick up from the pulley is by putting it in 4th gear at about 3000 RPM's and you can really feel how much better the car pulls. I thought fourth gear was really dead in this car with the supercharger, but now 4th gear feels like 3rd and 5th feels like 4th...definitely pleased with the results...the best $100 I have spent on the car soo far hands down
Old 01-20-2006, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

update when you get the boost gauge.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man that rocks...
About the ZPI only getting 9 lbs.. its kinda true and kinda not. When I dynoed my tC I was reaching 9.5-10lbs, but you have to remember, if you can bring it riiiight up to redline you will get more boost then they advertise. They need to let you know what RPM the boost that they advertise is...
Old 01-20-2006, 05:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've always loved NST. I talk to them on AIM on a regular basis and they're stand-up guys. Definately have an addiction for the import scene. As most of us do
Old 01-20-2006, 12:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by garyc_01
thanks for the info now the a techs will know!!! wahahaha !!! some will know dont look down at the techs. so bad. cause im one of them...
Relax yourself there hot karl

Quick Reply: NST Supercharger pulley update 2/2/06...check it out!!