Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

NuERA's Built Engine & GT35R Turbo Project!UPDATE 6/28

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 02:24 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nu_ERA
Small update:
The car will be hopefully be started tomorrow as a Greddy Ultimate tuner is gonna be tuning the without a MAF so we'll see how that goes. Will be tuned for breaking-in so no big numbers yet lol.Now I am debating on goin with a 3inch exhaust all the way back with NO muffler or doing a 3 inch with a Apex-i N1 muffler.
i didnt know you could delete the maf with e-manage ultimate

about your setup. i love it!!! with the exception of the intercoler. looks too boxy. but everything else is the heat. as long as it goes fast, who cares what it looks like though. awsome job.

although you might want to remove the duct tape from the head.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

I read a post in which someone did it and it worked ( no MAF) so I asked if they can and they (the tuning shop) said they'll try it. Now I was kinda skeptical with the intercooler size since it seems more boxy for a car with a huge air dam in front but Garret rated it for about 650+ and they usually underrate their intercoolers. If it proves to be not efficient for cooling I'll change it but fitment so far seems good to me.

Forgot about the tape lol
Old 05-16-2007, 12:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No deleting the maf with emanage ultimate sorry
Old 05-16-2007, 12:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice set up man. will be a beast 4 sure.
did you stroke the motor ?
and why not ask COLT CAMS ? they make custom cams. maybe they can help us out so we can have a LIL more RPM to play with.
keep us updated. looking good.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Well 318..... thanks for ruining my day lol
Just playin but I swear I remember reading a post in which someone deleted the MAF sensor with the Emanage Ultimate. I just want the car running on this till I can purchase a proper stand alone made for the tC.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:29 PM
SL Member

Just playin but I swear I remember reading a post in which someone deleted the MAF sensor with the Emanage Ultimate. I just want the car running on this till I can purchase a proper stand alone made for the tC.
it will run fine at 18-20 psi with the maf. me and 318 are proof of that. just make sure you have the pressor sensor to tune with.
Old 05-16-2007, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice build.. about time some more people on here are more focused on performance then how many LEDs they can stick in an a/c vent..

nice job so far man.. congrats!

and yea you can NEED the maf. ..it will not work with out on this car.
Old 05-16-2007, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett
it will run fine at 18-20 psi with the maf. me and 318 are proof of that. just make sure you have the pressor sensor to tune with.

Now isn't there a limit the MAF can take? What turbos were you guys using with the Emanage @ 18-20 psi? For reference mine is a GT35R

BTW thanks for the comments
Old 05-16-2007, 07:03 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett

Now isn't there a limit the MAF can take? What turbos were you guys using with the Emanage @ 18-20 psi? For reference mine is a GT35R

BTW thanks for the comments
EVOIII BIG 16G
Old 05-16-2007, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

gt3076r 3inch MAF but you can run the emanage ultimate without the MAF it has been done not on tC's but i talked to a tuner and they said it takes alot of tuning to get it without MAF....
Old 05-16-2007, 07:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you can change out to a 3bar map sensor i know for sure.. to run the higher boost... although im not sure how compatable is it to wiring it up to the tc.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:16 AM
Banned
SL Member

SC61 Turbo
DTA S60pro Stand Alone w/3bar map sensor.
No MAF

Not finished so I can't tell you how well it worked out, but I don't think anything will be a problem except for the drive by wire, but I'll cable that f**ker if need be.

BTW... Gorgeous job, I love it all and I'm jealous of that intake. Need more pics of the whole set up especially that intake!
Old 05-17-2007, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Well we have a problem. After getting everything hooked up and properly checking the fuel lines, injectors, etc. The car WILL NOT turn over. In fact there seems to be no spark. Now could my coil be fried cause the Emanage Ultimate is programmed correctly from what it seems ( JP 8 is set from 1-2 to 2-3) and no fuses are blown.... any ideas. Kinda freaked here
Old 05-17-2007, 10:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Originally Posted by dskinner
Well we have a problem. After getting everything hooked up and properly checking the fuel lines, injectors, etc. The car WILL NOT turn over. In fact there seems to be no spark. Now could my coil be fried cause the Emanage Ultimate is programmed correctly from what it seems ( JP 8 is set from 1-2 to 2-3) and no fuses are blown.... any ideas. Kinda freaked here

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My mistake on the different user lol. I posted thinking I was logged in to my username and it was my friends username Sorry for the confusion but the problem is real
Old 05-17-2007, 10:50 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

My mistake on the different user lol. I posted thinking I was logged in to my username and it was my friends username Sorry for the confusion but the problem is real
Try disconnecting the EMU and using just the stock PCM. See if it starts then.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod

Disconnected the emanage ultimate and used the stock ecu only. No luck with that. I appreciate the help cause honestly this ecu is ____in me off
Old 05-17-2007, 11:30 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod

Disconnected the emanage ultimate and used the stock ecu only. No luck with that. I appreciate the help cause honestly this ecu is ____in me off
Assuming the motor was assembled properly, check the fuses and relays. All good?
Old 05-18-2007, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Fuses and relays checked out. Wonder if the ground or something small and retarded is not hooked-up properly. Small details lol this is gonna be fun.......
Old 05-18-2007, 01:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I may sound like a total D bag saying this but here it goes. you dumped all this money into it and didn't get a stand alone? oh wait is the ultimate a stand alone?
Old 05-18-2007, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by 318_tC
No deleting the maf with emanage ultimate sorry
Actually yeah you can I already did it and tested for a week but the results are not that great overall and I like the fine adjustability of the maf better. Build your voltage map and then you select the output voltage map and click off the output from the maf from memory. Worked like a charm. My main issue was I could not get an accurate base voltage map running an open air BOV. Would have to recirc to get the solid voltage map, then convert it to open vent.

Quick Reply: NuERA's Built Engine & GT35R Turbo Project!UPDATE 6/28