Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

numerous problems...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for the little piece of info miaplaya. still gotta do more troubleshooting this weekend to see if i have a bad coil pack. gotta check to see which cylinder the pop is coming from so maybe i can pinpoint the leaking injector. also, still wanna try to pick up a DMM to see what kind of maf signal the emanage is sending to the ecu.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah that was a really big problem in the Z world. And coil packs aren't cheap.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey man any progress on the car? I think I may have narrowed my problem down to a bad injector. I checked all the coil packs, they're all fine. Then after running with the 10.0 afr I took a look at the plugs and found that all were fine except one that was indicating rich/fouling from fuel. This happens only with the 550's in, so all signs point to bad injector.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well glad to see you finally narrowed down the problem, now just fix it and get this car on the road. good luck bro!
Old 02-03-2007, 07:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks man I don't even care how long it takes I'm getting this to work I've never given up on a single thing in my life and I'm not letting this be the first haha...
Old 02-03-2007, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

havent done much, dont have time. but took out my injectors and having them tested for leaks this coming week. also gonna order a DMM to figure out my MAF code. also, my coil code might indicate a blown coil pack, but im going to check that this coming week also. i'll update when i make some progress.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Be very careful with your car man. You know I've been having that problem with the injectors as well, that little poof and smoke thing. Well tonight it got much much much worse. Went to turn the key to 'on' so I could unlock the wheel and move the car. Backfired really loud and now I have a hole in my intake manifold. Very bizarre....I ordered a new one but I don't know what to do to make this stop happening, or what made this happen to begin with...
Old 02-08-2007, 06:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wtf a hole in ur intake mani?????
Old 02-08-2007, 06:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yep. I've been getting that little sound that sato's been getting as well. Today, after the car had sat and done nothing for a few days, the pressure blew a hole in the manifold when i simply turned the key to on, not even to ignition. Now this only happened when I had those aftermarket injectors in, so I think that this had something to do with it. I just pray that my engine is ok!
Old 02-08-2007, 06:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm hoping that there was only damage to the intake manifold, since it's only made of plastic.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

man that is serious... sorry to hear.. plastic intakes aren't that week. i have pressure tested a few ( not the tc's) and they have all held fine over 50psi.. i wonder what is causing a spark to occur before the engine is even turning over..
Old 02-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Was there a resonance of fuel in and on the IM causing a pre-ignition combustion to blow a hole in the IM? This is truly a first.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well there probably was a resonance of fuel from switching injectors and stuff that might have been left over on top of the manifold. I mean this was the same thing that's been happening ever since I put in those 550 injectors, or so it would seem. If i switch it back to stock that symptom goes away instantly. Anyway, I had the car towed to a performance shop I was able to find and the new intake manifold comes in tomorrow. They're going to do a compression and leakdown test to see if the motor was damaged. I pray that it wasn't. If it was Paul I'll be contacting you for some internals lol.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll have pictures up in my thread later if anyone's interested. Pray for me!
Old 02-08-2007, 06:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i just had my injectors tested on tues and it was fine. funny thing was last friday, i took my exhaust manifold off to try and pinpoint which cylinder the "pop" was coming from and nothing happened. i hadent touched my car for a few days so i have no idea whats up. my injectors tested to be fine, maybe that pop is from leftover fuel in the combustion chamber? im going to go at it again on fri, so i'll update then.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any time there is an uncontrolled combustion of gasoline inside the engine that is bad news...No matter how small the pop. There is always a chance that something gets messed in the engine.

Remember the thread that had pictures of a 2AZFE with a big hole in the bottom of the block? That happened because fuel pooled up in one of the cylinders and it decided to ingnite at the wrong moment.
Old 02-09-2007, 06:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^Well the compression/ leakdown test says otherwise. All indications are that the engine is just fine. What happened was the excess fuel from the bad injector (yes it was a bad injector) ignited and when this happened the combustion took the path of least resistance ie the plastic intake manifold. All should good and fine (Praying still lol) tomorrow when the new manifold and injectors are put in. It's also at the shop where it was going to be tuned so now I can get that out of the way as well. I am very very relieved!
Old 02-17-2007, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump this up...

got some testing done with my DMM. everything dealing with the factory MAF circuit is fine my testing revealed that the MAF is sending a proper signal but the ecu isnt recieving that signal. reason is before the harness, there is a normal MAF voltage ~1.3 volts i think it was when i started up my car. testing after the emanage and harness revealed there was NO MAF voltage signal!

so...either my emanage is not working properly or there is still an open in my plug n play harness. think it might be the emanage cuz i couldnt connect to it last week and it also wouldnt let me update

so ya, this would explain the P0102 MAF circuit low code i was getting.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

satoman, i'm glad you got a DMM and started checking for available voltage.

check available votlage at the PCM side of the harness and before and after the PNP harness. you should be able to pin-point the open/high resistance.

if your feeling froggy, you could always run a jumper wire from your emange to the pcm wire harness to see if you get an MAF ckt. reading. (basically bypass the pnp harness just for the MAF circuit)
Old 02-18-2007, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

can you explain a little more. what i did was measure the voltage before and after the harness which led me to believe either the harness or emanage is bad. before the harness (on the stock connector) i get a normal reading. on the pnp harness connector (going into the ecu) i get an open reading/no reading going into the ecu which is throwing the P0102 code.

Quick Reply: numerous problems...