Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

numerous problems...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think your on the right track and that the harness is suspect.

try this... remove the pnp harness and check resistance (ohms) of that wire for the MAF ckt. it should be around .2 or less.

remember though, just because you get a good ohm reading doesn't mean the wire is good. but it's worth a shot. also visually inspect the harness especially the pins. these new pins on cars are very fincky.

keep me updated
Old 02-18-2007, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i did check the maf wire yesterday, but i dont think it would mean anything because the emanage intercepts the maf signal. so the maf wire goes to the emanage then to the ecu. with the harness out, the emanage is off so i cant really check for continuity on that wire.

and i checked the harness visually when i was testing. nothing seemed out of the ordinary. hopefully i can send it back to find out what the problem is.

i'll go check one more time on the harness, thanks a lot again malloynx!
Old 02-18-2007, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no, check for resistance just on the PNP harness. remove the harness and ohm out that MAF wire, from pin to pin. if you get an OFL/ OL (open) on that wire, that means there is a problem with the harness.

also to do this,, you need to remove the PNP harness first ( your isolating it)

hope that wasn't too confusing
Old 02-18-2007, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha, ya i actually did that just now right before this. the harness is fine. has to be the emanage thats causing problems. will update later...

thanks again!
Old 02-18-2007, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good deal. hope you get it fixed.

on a side note, i have never really been a fan of the emange.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by satoman44
basically, it sounds like its detonating in the cylinder because its powerful enough to shake the motor. its almost like its igniting fuel that leaks in the cylinder or something. and ya, i knew its COP, just im so used to saying coil packs, lol.

but ya, im not running lean, its running rich so i dont really know. maybe later i can try get a vid from my digital cam of the noise.
BLAH

I've got a Dezod stage one as well, I've been running my kit for a few weeks and mine started doing this same thing to me when I was 2 hours from home. Fouled out the plugs, replaced and it's still dumping fuel like crazy. Ending up having to have it trailered back to a friends house, because it was running so bad. (was able to get her to 50 mph but no further, no acceleration at all past 50, sitting bellow a 10 A/F on my wideband, horrible idle, and putting out black smoke like a turbo diesel.)

Finaly got it to my friends house and knoticed it doing the same thing yours did, backfireing when you turn the key to the on position.

Left a nasty amount of carbon and water on my friends leg.

Did you ever get yours fixed? What did you do?
Old 04-30-2007, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

still on the base map?
Old 04-30-2007, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member

Yes

We are having issues trying to get into the emanage, working with two tuners and Dezod. Might end up reloading the main unit if we still can't get into it.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any check engine codes?
Old 04-30-2007, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member

Just the no cat code, haven't had a chance to read any other codes it might be thowing.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:45 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by jnight32
Just the no cat code, haven't had a chance to read any other codes it might be thowing.
If I recall, Satoman is running the base map as well.

Check out those codes, and let me know.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my problem was a bad emanage....

i haven't noticed those backfires since i got it fixed (well, only once actually, none recently)

btw, in case anyone is wondering, been running problem free since ive replaced the emanage almost 2 months ago.

and yes, still on base map til this day. going to try to tune it this weekend. this last weekend i tried but didn't do anything cuz you can't take out fuel from your tune from the injector map, lol.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:57 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

i haven't noticed those backfires since i got it fixed (well, only once actually, none recently)

btw, in case anyone is wondering, been running problem free since ive replaced the emanage almost 2 months ago.

and yes, still on base map til this day. going to try to tune it this weekend. this last weekend i tried but didn't do anything cuz you can't take out fuel from your tune from the injector map, lol.
Sure you can. Just input a lesser value. I have done it countless times.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:05 AM
5 Year Member

Just had an update.

Had my buddy pull out the emanage, 550 cc injectors and put the stock ones back in, and it's still pegged at 10's.

So running off the stock ecu, plugs, and injectors and it's still acting up...*sigh*
This is going to be a long week.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:36 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Just had an update.

Had my buddy pull out the emanage, 550 cc injectors and put the stock ones back in, and it's still pegged at 10's.

So running off the stock ecu, plugs, and injectors and it's still acting up...*sigh*
Reset the stock PCM. See if the prob persists. Also, see if there are any other codes.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:44 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
Just had an update.

Reset the stock PCM. See if the prob persists. Also, see if there are any other codes.
Yah he's tried to pull all the fuses he can think of and still hasn't had any luck.

He also said he was using a sray can of carb cleaner or something to check for vac leaks and didn't find anything.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn, well im not doing something correctly, cuz i set it to 0 correction at 2.00v (for the greddy sensor) across the rpm range, and it was still running afr's around 10.0.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:25 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

damn, well im not doing something correctly, cuz i set it to 0 correction at 2.00v (for the greddy sensor) across the rpm range, and it was still running afr's around 10.0.
What? Email me, as I think there is a misunderstanding. Do you have the pressure sensor? I know I resent the base map to you, did you reload it?