Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Official Motor Build End-All Super Thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 11:24 PM

We are working out the details for the motor package. What we to strive for is to be able to turn around the built short block in 1-2 weeks from the time we receive the customers motor to the time we ship it back to the customer. No one wants to sit around with a car and no motor.

We have all the components in stock, including our own designed ductile iron sleeve, head and main studs, ACL bearings, CP pistons, Manley rods, and ACL full gasket sets.

We'll announce the engine package and pricing shortly. The sleeving, boring, chamfering, and decking will all be done on a CNC engine-machining center.

MrC

Old 07-18-2008, 02:02 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so if we send you the motor then you put everything toegeher and all we do is drop it back into the car?
Old 07-18-2008, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by aen
so if we send you the motor then you put everything toegeher and all we do is drop it back into the car?
In order for you to drop it in, that would be a long block (cylinder block with cylinder head on it). Of course you will still need to install the intake manifold and everything else that is not part of the cylinder head or cylinder block. Shipping a long block can range around $400-$600 since the size and weight of the complete motor must be shipped on a pallet via truck freight. But if we build you the short block (assembled block with rods, pistons, crank and bearing and no cylinder head), the short block can be shipped via fedex or ups.

MrC

Old 07-18-2008, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well I just came over here for the first time in over a week and really haven't looked in this section for the first time in a few months. I just wanted to add that I have my stock motor (only 2000 miles on it) ready to go in my '05 so that means my built motor will be coming out and going up for sale.

It's got K1 rods, JE pistons, ACL bearings, 90mm bore, and sleeved. Built, balanced, blueprinted by ERL. Only has less then 100miles on it. I thought I'd post and let the interest begin.

FORGOT IT'S SLEEVED TOO!
Old 07-18-2008, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by gwtc
As far as I know, this is one of few that has a motor built that's still up and running, his name is Garm(scionlife name: tc4fun4me), I think it was done about 2 years ago, the crazy thing is he uses it as his daily driver, it dyno at: 443 whp, 474 torque @ 22 pounds of boost, the car is at a body shop right now getting a complete exterior makeover. Here's a link to his website: http://www.sciontcx.com/index.html, it has most of the info you need about the car, you can always contact him by email to ask him about the motor built.
exterior wise i puked on myself..

but the rest is cherry!!
Old 07-18-2008, 12:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by yellowxhoodie
the only thing i have found thats anywhere near what ptuning is talking about is this...

http://www.scion-parts.com/store.html

im not vouching for this company in any way, i have never heard any feedback on them. i just stumbled across it on the internet a while ago.

That site is legit. It's Leslie Durhst team's site I believe. But it is legit.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
Well I just came over here for the first time in over a week and really haven't looked in this section for the first time in a few months. I just wanted to add that I have my stock motor (only 2000 miles on it) ready to go in my '05 so that means my built motor will be coming out and going up for sale.

It's got K1 rods, JE pistons, ACL bearings, 90mm bore, and sleeved. Built, balanced, blueprinted by ERL. Only has less then 100miles on it. I thought I'd post and let the interest begin.

FORGOT IT'S SLEEVED TOO!
what pricing you looking for?
Old 07-18-2008, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

man I want a built motor! price range around 5K should be good!
Old 07-18-2008, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
man I want a built motor! price range around 5K should be good!
That's way too much for a built short block. You're gonna ruin it for the rest of us.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 08superwhite

FORGOT IT'S SLEEVED TOO!
Don't have an exact price yet but most likely $2K+.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 08superwhite

FORGOT IT'S SLEEVED TOO!
Don't have an exact price yet but most likely $2K+.
thats a damn good price paul. start a thread and i'll bump the $hit out of it.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:48 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ill pay the ____ out of it for it to buy it and love it and cherish it forever and ever...

=| ill go hungry to have it!
Old 07-18-2008, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would love to build my motor myself (of course going through all of the proper steps with a machine shop) but if the price is right I will do a package with you ptuning!
Old 07-19-2008, 12:29 AM
Scikotics
SL Member

My motor is definetly in the process of being built!!!! I'm going with TurboToyota's ERL short block package.... same specs as etsnet..... but i believe the bore is 89mm and he didn't mention the ERL superdeck 1 sleeves along with the micropolish and blueprinting of the crank!!!
Old 07-19-2008, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Bryan06tC
My motor is definetly in the process of being built!!!! I'm going with TurboToyota's ERL short block package.... same specs as etsnet..... but i believe the bore is 89mm and he didn't mention the ERL superdeck 1 sleeves along with the micropolish and blueprinting of the crank!!!
What's the time frame on that bad-boy? If it takes months for a turbo-kit, I'm wondering what the turn-around time is for a built short block.
Old 07-19-2008, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

FORGOT IT'S SLEEVED TOO!
less than 100miles? why the hell youre selling it already? what computer are you using ? did you ever dynoed it, what numbers did you get? price + shipping to 66442, kansas ???
Old 07-19-2008, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCing_U

FORGOT IT'S SLEEVED TOO!
less than 100miles? why the hell youre selling it already? what computer are you using ? did you ever dynoed it, what numbers did you get? price + shipping to 66442, kansas ???
Ran into some problems which my have been a head issue along with the oil filter breaking apart ect. I got fed up after being down for a year and shelling out $20K (and getting screwed by zpi). I just wanted to be done and have a car to drive.

Everything is pretty much gone except for the boost controller, oil gauge, engine, stage5 cc clutch, and cc lightweight flywheel. I'll have a couple of heads that will be stripped down and cleaned up to be sold to for someone to build and one stock block stripped to be sold too. Oh, and probably a couple other stock parts like intake manny and a header or two. My garage looks like a scion parts store right now.lol I have 5 tc motors if you count the ones in the two cars, a buddies, the 2Kmile one to drop in the 05 and the spare block I had.lol

Watch my thread in my sig, hoping to start getting things for sale within a couple weeks.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

^^ nice, watching your thread too!
Old 07-21-2008, 05:16 AM
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by B_Real45
What's the time frame on that bad-boy? If it takes months for a turbo-kit, I'm wondering what the turn-around time is for a built short block.
Turn around is six weeks according to Todd!!!...... Not bad IMO
Old 07-21-2008, 12:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by B_Real45
Turn around is six weeks according to Todd!!!...... Not bad IMO