Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Oil in my TURBO!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 05:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Oil in my TURBO!!!

hey guys, anyone here has the same problem as me. i was going to do an oil change today and noticed some oil residue around my inake pipe and turbo. i went to take off the intake pipe and noticed that the oil was coming through from the vacuum line that is connected from the valve cover and to the intake tube. oil is going to the turbo. i know that their should be oil and air recirculating from this pipe and back into the engine to get burned off. i was just wondering if having a little excess oil will be bad. should i adjust my valves???
Old 03-10-2007, 06:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Oil in my TURBO!!!

Originally Posted by krazykoo
hey guys, anyone here has the same problem as me. i was going to do an oil change today and noticed some oil residue around my inake pipe and turbo. i went to take off the intake pipe and noticed that the oil was coming through from the vacuum line that is connected from the valve cover and to the intake tube. oil is going to the turbo. i know that their should be oil and air recirculating from this pipe and back into the engine to get burned off. i was just wondering if having a little excess oil will be bad. should i adjust my valves???
no, what you need is an oil catch can... you can make one yourself from an air/water separator for compressors.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im pretty sure this is completely normal. i have this as well as many others. some people install catch cans as mike6789k said, but a lot of people just leave it.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well I actually had bad seals on my turbonetics turbo and was spewing smoke and my turbo had bad seals... now my intake pipe was caked with oil and I was down to about a qt after 3000 miles of driving so my situation was a little more extreme. So keep an eye on it... check for some shaft play and if seems to get worse try and get the manufacturer to check it out.