Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Ok soooo

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

lol im looking at p tuning i see ACL rod bearings main bearings thrust bearings then there is like 3 in each category im already lost
Old 08-31-2009, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by 1SL0WTC
ms3 is sexy

yes it is very i was thinking about gettting the red one with black wheels with a red lip but im gonna do my tc now
Old 08-31-2009, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

and were can i get some je pistons dezod or p tuning dont have them? elevation pm me a more detailed list pretty please
Old 08-31-2009, 10:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

thanks to dezod don for a list and links thanks bro got everything in my shopping cart

rods
pistons
main studs
mani studs
overhaul gasket set
oil pump ( motor im getting doesint have one)

head studs i only see them on p tuning site so ill get them from there

im still confused about what bearings i need to buy and if there is anything else let me know
Old 08-31-2009, 10:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by weezyfbayba
thanks to dezod don for a list and links thanks bro got everything in my shopping cart

rods
pistons
main studs
mani studs
overhaul gasket set
oil pump ( motor im getting doesint have one)

head studs i only see them on p tuning site so ill get them from there

im still confused about what bearings i need to buy and if there is anything else let me know
I got the extended mani studs from dezod. They work real nice. Just a suggestion. Also do a balance shaft delete.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you dont need manifold studs for a motor build lol. why not use your own oil pump from your motor? the clevite bearings i got from dezod but arp bearings are better cause they are coated.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

got a link on what exact bearings i need and an oil pump is only 143 from dezod and i dont wanna tear down my stock block thats why im buying a spare block to build
Old 09-01-2009, 07:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What kind of horsepower goals are you looking for? I imagine you want something around 400 whp. Ptuning builds short blocks (non-sleeved) for around 2500.00. I would steer you that way being that you have never built a motor before. All you do is send them your block,crankshaft,main caps & main bolts, and they build you a blueprinted short block.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by weezyfbayba
ive never built a motor before but im actually gonna do it so im hella noob to this im gonna buy all the parts i need to do it and mayb the tech at my work is gonna do it not sure yet i know alot just dunno what all to buy

rods the k1 rods?
pistons there is 4 different kind from dezod?
main studs
headgasket
bearings

please let me know what else to buy im going to be buying parts from now till january then going to do the install beacause i stll gotta order my clutch gonna use the stock flywheel

new mani gasket
mani studs
2.5 s pipe ( will get full 3 inch next year)

no douche comment's like "if u dunno what ur doing then don't" i can take the motor out tear it down and put it back its just setting the timeing & etcc the guy at my work is a mastertech and ive watched him build a motor once
Well this depends on if you want to do just a short block or full long block build AND what the power goal is for the car.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Wow, not going to be a complete a*hole and tell you not to do this, but it's hard to take you seriously when every post is lol, bro, i, and no friggin period. Wait until you get home to post instead of just texting please, makes it a lot more readable.

What is your budget, what turbo do you have in mind and what HP numbers are you looking to hit? Also, do you have access to a machine shop that can bore the block and balance the rotating assembly? Everything else you could probably manage but those two things require precision. My pistons required .003" piston to wall clearance, I can't even measure that.

Your boost level and power trying to achieve will determine compression ratio, but won't know that until you figure out what turbo you want. Then we can let you know about pistons. I always go overbore because the cylinder can always be bored out but never filled in and you don't know the shape of the walls on a used block until after you bought it.

BTW, if you're counting on the guy at your work to help you out, get some sort of formal agreement unless he's family. Otherwise when, and not if, he figures out that it's too much trouble and time for him to be working on for free, you'll be left high and dry, and at that point sending it out to another shop to finish will be costly.

When in doubt, ask Paul, he's helped me out a lot on my build and can probably put together a mostly complete package for you. Mani studs are a necessity, the thicker turbo manifold material leaves little thread on the stock ones, and you don't want an exhaust leak. i even bought them for the xB, they fit and work great.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by m6ar2cel6oTC
you dont need manifold studs for a motor build lol. why not use your own oil pump from your motor? the clevite bearings i got from dezod but arp bearings are better cause they are coated.
When building an engine you should always replace the oil pump. The oil pumps only defense is the pickup screen. Some materials can make it past this and embed themselves in the gears of the oil pump. Over time this can wear or pitt the gears and cause aeration and loss of oil pressure and volume. It is cheap insurance to replace the oil pump every time you build an engine.

I'm going to assume you meant ACL bearings. Not all ACL bearings are coated.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea my bad lol. i meant ACL. i didnt know you should change your oil pump, i wonder when my motor was build if they changed it? oh well.

oh and vettereddie if the man wants to put lo,i and no friggin period thats him. its not insulting anyone whatsoever. it might irritate a few but oh well.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

weezyfbaby.. pm me again!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by vettereddie
Wow, not going to be a complete a*hole and tell you not to do this, but it's hard to take you seriously when every post is lol, bro, i, and no friggin period. Wait until you get home to post instead of just texting please, makes it a lot more readable.

What is your budget, what turbo do you have in mind and what HP numbers are you looking to hit? Also, do you have access to a machine shop that can bore the block and balance the rotating assembly? Everything else you could probably manage but those two things require precision. My pistons required .003" piston to wall clearance, I can't even measure that.

Your boost level and power trying to achieve will determine compression ratio, but won't know that until you figure out what turbo you want. Then we can let you know about pistons. I always go overbore because the cylinder can always be bored out but never filled in and you don't know the shape of the walls on a used block until after you bought it.

BTW, if you're counting on the guy at your work to help you out, get some sort of formal agreement unless he's family. Otherwise when, and not if, he figures out that it's too much trouble and time for him to be working on for free, you'll be left high and dry, and at that point sending it out to another shop to finish will be costly.

When in doubt, ask Paul, he's helped me out a lot on my build and can probably put together a mostly complete package for you. Mani studs are a necessity, the thicker turbo manifold material leaves little thread on the stock ones, and you don't want an exhaust leak. i even bought them for the xB, they fit and work great.

i will talk any way that i want if you don't like it then don't post or read my thread im serious if i wasint then i woudlint make a thread wasiting people's time for me to get the right part i have all the contact's to build a motor right now im getting a list so i can buy everything thats first
Old 09-01-2009, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

and last time i checked this was a car fourm not school so go back to the xb board please
Old 09-01-2009, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Not trying to start stuff, just making a point. It's a lot easier to answer technical questions if they're easy to read. Did you read the rest of the post? There's some questions in there that would really help in component selection.

- What HP are you looking for?
- What turbo kit are you looking for?
- What is your budget?
- What is your machinist's capability (bore the block, balance rotating assembly, blueprint crank / rod)?

Please don't assume because I personally have an xB I don't know about a 2AZ-FE.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

he is one of the lucky ones that has recieved hs turbotoyotas kit.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

im already boosted and im only looking for 380-400 hp my turbo is a 57 trim so about 18-19 psi?
Old 09-01-2009, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

and i don't really have a budget, i mean i can't buy everything at one time im buying everything like 2-3 parts at a time once i get my clutch installed and make 100% sure the clutch was the only problem im gonna order the rod's and pistons and buy crush's block
Old 09-01-2009, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

ive already pretty much got a list from dezod don and getting the block bore and everything balanced luiggi at olympic can get it done for me if not im sure elevation has someone since he has a built motor

Quick Reply: Ok soooo