Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Opinion on GReddy Turbos

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Opinion on GReddy Turbos

Just checking with you guys to see if GReddy turbos are good or not. Ive heard from some on SL and friends at performance shops say their oil lines suck and can cause fires and wouldnt pay for GReddy turbo kits. On the other hand others say they're top quality kits. Im debating right now since the release of the GReddy kit for the tC wether to go that route or Turbonetics. The price doesnt bother me about buying the additional BOV/flange, and E-manage Ultimate to make the kit complete. The kit just looks so HOTT . Now just need ur opinions wether I should go this route or go with another brand.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

I'm gonna go with the Greddy kit and I haven't heard any feedback yet but I've heard nothing but great things about the Turbo kit for the Nissan 350z. Gettin a good price w/ 550 injectors, Emanage ultimate, HKS SSQ Blow-off valve, as well as the install (I'm lazy ) and tuning. Well below the Turbonetics kit and the car will put around 300 to the ground.... or at least thats the goal. Either way I'm excited! I'll let you guys know how it goes!
Old 04-14-2006, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Greddy doesnt make turbos they use the mitsubishi turbos. A potential downside i see with greddy is the internal wastegate (garbage if you want to make more power) an internal wastegate is good until you want to increase boost. Because they are smaller problems come a lot sooner with boost creep, boost spikes and so on. if you want a kit thats more upgradable and cheap get zpi stage 0.

Btw you mentioned different opinions about greddy. Its not just greddy its every turbo comapny, go to rsx forums people there say turbonetics oil lines have a problem. I think the difference in opinion is due to people not knowing about maintance and getting a little too boost happy when they first get their turbos. Unless there is a def problem like scionspeed or something I wouldnt worry about it.
Old 04-14-2006, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

The Turbo is a 18G Evo III which is Mitsubishi like u said Typhoon. Maybe Ill just substitute the wastegate for a tial one. As for ZPI, I am a customer of their's who had a great experience with them but my main concern is the Turbos taking a while to arrive.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^I like zpi a lot as well, the waiting is def a problem though, still waiting for my mounts. Not complaining though they are making them perfect . I dont know turbo kits are sensitive subjects to people everyone has opinions on which one is better more often then not they are all good.

Actually that would be a very good idea of switching out the wastegate and getting a tial would make for a very good kit then. Now that you mention it I might do that my self when the time comes. Id be more happy getting the zpi kit though thats what Iam set on. Hopefully by the time I am getting a turbo kit zpi will fix their shipment problems.

If you ever get the greddy kit pm me if you get a chance Id like to know how it is.
Old 04-14-2006, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Blame Full-Race, they produce ZPI's log manifolds. E-mail them and tell them to hurry up. lol
http://www.full-race.com/home.php
Old 04-14-2006, 04:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hm had no idea full race made the manifold. Heard they were a top of the line company-just heard.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Yea ZPI's kit is pretty awesome so no hating from me. When my RS 2.0 tC arrives its goin into the shop at the end of the month for the Greddy turbo kit so I'll let everyone know how that works out. Goin from Supercharged to Turbocharged. Not tryin to get off subject but this should be a good comparision since my bro is gonna take possesion of my current SC tC.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Typhoon
hm had no idea full race made the manifold. Heard they were a top of the line company-just heard.
Yea they were in the same hotel as I at SEMA in philly. Straight up people. They also made kenny trans manifold (nittoTC).
Old 04-14-2006, 08:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

FR is bomb, and right here in PHX, AZ baby!
Old 05-03-2006, 02:54 AM
5 Year Member

received my greddy turbo kit today im just waiting for my tuner to put it all in for me.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by uhyeaimazn
received my greddy turbo kit today im just waiting for my tuner to put it all in for me.
can you get pics of the parts?
Old 05-03-2006, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah seriously, there was a kid who started a topic about getting it and he went a-wall
Old 05-03-2006, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

Well my Greddy kit should be ordered by this Friday and I already ordered the Emanage Ultimate along with 550 injectors and clips needed. Now my question (and I do not mean to thread jack) but is the TurboXS BOV good? I heard it on some guys STI and it sounded loud and awesome!
Old 05-03-2006, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pics please!
Old 05-04-2006, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nu_ERA
Well my Greddy kit should be ordered by this Friday and I already ordered the Emanage Ultimate along with 550 injectors and clips needed. Now my question (and I do not mean to thread jack) but is the TurboXS BOV good? I heard it on some guys STI and it sounded loud and awesome!
it depends which one you get. I know the RFL by TurboXS is loud as hell hence the acronym. But it does sound good but not for the sleeper at all. Otherwise, all good from what I heard so far.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:37 AM
5 Year Member

if i have time tomorrow i will post some pictures. Ordered it from showstoppers. By the way. I bought a 3 gauge pillar pod and was wondering which types of gauges do i need other then the boost? (ordered from showstoppers btw and their fast on shipping)
Old 05-04-2006, 12:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Boost, A/F, and pyrometer
Old 05-04-2006, 05:14 PM
5 Year Member

Heres the updated pics. Pretty much everything is still in the wrapper including the turbo. I'm planning on putting my car in the shop on friday since the tuner is going to miami for the weekend. I should have it all complete on sunday afternoon and ill try to get some pics up and give u scoops on the turbo. Thnx yamaha btw
Old 05-04-2006, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/uhyeaimazn/

Quick Reply: Opinion on GReddy Turbos