Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

ordered my TT stage 1 kit!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 01:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn man, i cant even imagine how u feel lol...ive been waiting to get a turbo but dont kno if thats gonna happen
Old 06-30-2007, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice. I got the HKS and I wanted to compare. I think some guys with the HKS on smaller kits say it kind of sputters.
Mines a 54trim so it should spool up a little quicker. I'd like to compare dynos when we both get done.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
Originally Posted by TurboToyotas
I think you have them confused with Omifab aka Tuning Factory.
What makes you say that?
Cuz he was asking about it on that post with Guru offering a new 3" exhaust.

Are you guys doing a 3" also or have one? If so please more info.
No you ARE confused. Becuase I asked Guru to give me a price doesn't have anything to do with this.

I know what I ment, I think TurboToyotas have the best turbo kit...period. I would love to have the Stage 2 in place of the kit I have now. The potential of their kit is (in my opinion) second to none of comparablely priced kits. Free advertiement -> Stage 2 GT kit
I like the stage 3 also but I like the faster spool of the 3071
I just wish they were selling when I pieced my kit together...

About the exhaust... I can't get any of the companies, besides ZPI, to return any email I sent questioning the 3" Exhaust.

I emailed you about the fitment of the 3" catback in conjunction to my 2.5" s-pipe. Please PM when you can.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

RSracer-

You have PM

Regards-

Todd
Old 07-01-2007, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Nice. I got the HKS and I wanted to compare. I think some guys with the HKS on smaller kits say it kind of sputters.
Mines a 54trim so it should spool up a little quicker. I'd like to compare dynos when we both get done.
ahh, i see. i've heard nothing but good things about the HKS, so i'm sure you can't go wrong there. i'm a noob when it comes to specifics about turbos, so would i be correct in assuming that the 54trim is a smaller size than the 57trim i'm getting? we should definitely compare dynos. it'd be interesting to see the differences in the powerbands once our cars are tuned. what is your setup looking like? fuel management, clutch, which turbo kit, other mods such as exhaust, etc. etc.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes. my 54 trim is smaller, so it should spool up faster and have less on top, but I dont' know by how much. Be interesting to see. I can't imagine much.
I'm waiting for the AEM F/IC piggyback for manegement and I'm thinking about the spec stage 2+ clutch, but not till mine starts slipping. ANd I have the injen axle back now and I love it, so I'll just have shop custom a 2.5 from my Spipe back toit. possibly chop it off ot the can.

OH, and mine is the same stage 1 kit. Not the GT with the BB turbo. And I'm getting mani, downpipe and turbo heat coated. Got the 650 injectors as well to prepare for future work.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yes. my 54 trim is smaller, so it should spool up faster and have less on top, but I dont' know by how much. Be interesting to see. I can't imagine much.
I'm waiting for the AEM F/IC piggyback for manegement and I'm thinking about the spec stage 2+ clutch, but not till mine starts slipping. ANd I have the injen axle back now and I love it, so I'll just have shop custom a 2.5 from my Spipe back toit. possibly chop it off ot the can.

OH, and mine is the same stage 1 kit. Not the GT with the BB turbo. And I'm getting mani, downpipe and turbo heat coated. Got the 650 injectors as well to prepare for future work.
i agree, the differences on the turbos alone shouldn't be very big. props for waiting on the AEM management, i'm sure that'll be insanely nice. i got an offer i couldn't pass up on the emanage with the kit; that's the only reason i didn't wait. as for clutches, i think i'm going to go Competition Clutch Stage 3. i'm probably going to get it installed when the turbo goes on... i kind of want to keep my stock clutch around with minimal wear just in case i ever need it, ya know? plus i don't think our stockers will last long with all the torque from our kits haha. nice injector choice, too. i think i'm going 550cc... should be all i need. i doubt i'll turn up the boost TOO much in the future. maybe a little, but probably not past 10 psi. i'm planning on getting a custom exhaust made by a local shop a few of my friends have done business with.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I got the 650 cause I plan on doing pistons/rods/bearings, but I'm wating to see what packages Todd comes out with. If I get a good price on an install, I'm going to have the shop do it. But if they can't get it done it time for the show on the 14, my buddies and I will install the kit at my house. I'm holind off on everything else until I see what price I get on the install.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah, I got the 650 cause I plan on doing pistons/rods/bearings, but I'm wating to see what packages Todd comes out with. If I get a good price on an install, I'm going to have the shop do it. But if they can't get it done it time for the show on the 14, my buddies and I will install the kit at my house. I'm holind off on everything else until I see what price I get on the install.
If you end up installing it yourself, let me know how it goes. I might have to go down that road as well. I'm going to see if my shop will give me a little discount for it since I'll be having them install everything else at the same time (the clutch and doing the emanage tune).
Old 07-01-2007, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What price did your shop give you?
Old 07-01-2007, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

What price did your shop give you?
haven't gotten a quote yet but i'll be heading over there in the next week or so to find out. they also do custom exhaust, which is yet another thing i can add to my "buy in bulk for discount" theory lol. have you gotten a quote from your shop yet?
Old 07-01-2007, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No. I only asked about the oil pan, and Todd said it woudl be difficult to not do everything at once.
I have not been able to get ahold of the shop after deciding about the entire kit.

I sent a huge email about what I want to get done and future work I'm planning, and that I want it done next weekend before the show. I don't know if they just don't check emails or if they don't think they can get it done that quickly (everytime i go there, the place is packed) so I'm going to call sometime this week. I'll let you know what they quote me.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

No. I only asked about the oil pan, and Todd said it woudl be difficult to not do everything at once.
I have not been able to get ahold of the shop after deciding about the entire kit.

I sent a huge email about what I want to get done and future work I'm planning, and that I want it done next weekend before the show. I don't know if they just don't check emails or if they don't think they can get it done that quickly (everytime i go there, the place is packed) so I'm going to call sometime this week. I'll let you know what they quote me.
sounds good. yeah i'll need my oil pan tapped as well. i'm sure it'll be cheaper to have the shop do it than to pay ZPI for their pre-tapped version