Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Overhaul on S/C Questions update *new questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 03:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well that's a given...I just don't know if I can use my relfash tool again I hope so
Old 12-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by IcetC
well that's a given...I just don't know if I can use my relfash tool again I hope so
Nope the flash is a one shot deal I tried to reflash my ecu with the reflash tool and didn't work it only works with the first and only ecu it flashes, I had my friends father try to do it and he is the service manager at a Toyota and knows his stuff.

500. dollars imo is worth it though, it would be more for a piggy back and a good tune. plus if you use a emanage you would have a crappy idle from the larger injectors.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote=05-RS1]
so ur saying turn it into a f/I car first and then tune it so that the ecu reads as a f/I car instead of just throwing boost at the motor and stressing it w/out the ecu being ready for it...good idea now when I have it installed should I bring it to get flashed nd then bring it back to my installer to have it tuned? (toyota won't b doing it)
you could simply take out the ecu and bring it to the dealer to get the reflash as the s/c is being installed. i wouldnt recommend driving it without the reflash. afterwards, you can get it tuned. the TRD reflash is a good starting point instead of going from scratch which would probably cost more money in tuning time.

[quote=m6ar2cel6oTC]
Originally Posted by
7. the s/c comes with a new belt. If you put a 9.5psi pulley you should get a Gates belt...
my question is..does it matter if i use the gates belt or not? cause i used the stock belt and just tighten the stock belt up more instead of putting on the gates belt.. should i have changed it to the gates belt or what i did is fine? doing what i did is it harming anything oor loosing power or so? thanks![/quote

you may experience belt slip, which means you wont be reaching max boost (meaning less power). the gates belt isnt necessarily stronger or anything, it just fits better.
well i know i am reaching max boost cause i got a guage! the reason why i am asking cause i dynoed my car and i got 207 to the wheels off a dynojet dyno./. my mods as far as performance is zpi cat-back and nst s/c pulley.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jjos1
Nope the flash is a one shot deal I tried to reflash my ecu with the reflash tool and didn't work it only works with the first and only ecu it flashes, I had my friends father try to do it and he is the service manager at a Toyota and knows his stuff.

500. dollars imo is worth it though, it would be more for a piggy back and a good tune. plus if you use a emanage you would have a crappy idle from the larger injectors.
so ur saying I should just scrap the emanage altogether nd get a standalone? since I can't use the reflash again? I'm going to get in contact w/ trdsparks nd see what they can do for me if they can reflash it for me if so then I'm going to do that and then emanage it also y would my idle b rough if I tune it the right way?
Old 12-29-2007, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

You don't need a full standalone. The AEM F/IC would work for you. Most of the other piggybacks only affect wide-open throttle tuning, not idle or partial-throttle tuning.

Only problem with the AEM F/IC is the price of tuning. Most shops have more experience with the Emanage, but if they have experience with the AEM standalone, they should be able to work with the F/IC.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:49 PM
Banned
SL Member

The aem fc/i has the ability to tune both wot and part throttle is imo far better than the emanage but after you buy the 350.-400. dollar aem fc/i you still need to tune it. Where with the trd map you get a pre tuned map and good drive ability.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:23 PM
Banned
SL Member

If you don't mind me asking what is the guy asking for the whole kit ? I am looking into selling mine with a trd flashed ecu.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea so if I can I am going to trd flash that bad boy nd then emanage it
Old 12-30-2007, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jjos1

why would you have crappy idle? good tuner should be able to work with it..we are talking about emanage ultimate right? that's what im using right now and everything runs great
Old 12-30-2007, 10:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote=m6ar2cel6oTC][quote=05-RS1]
so ur saying turn it into a f/I car first and then tune it so that the ecu reads as a f/I car instead of just throwing boost at the motor and stressing it w/out the ecu being ready for it...good idea now when I have it installed should I bring it to get flashed nd then bring it back to my installer to have it tuned? (toyota won't b doing it)
you could simply take out the ecu and bring it to the dealer to get the reflash as the s/c is being installed. i wouldnt recommend driving it without the reflash. afterwards, you can get it tuned. the TRD reflash is a good starting point instead of going from scratch which would probably cost more money in tuning time.

Originally Posted by m6ar2cel6oTC
Originally Posted by
7. the s/c comes with a new belt. If you put a 9.5psi pulley you should get a Gates belt...
my question is..does it matter if i use the gates belt or not? cause i used the stock belt and just tighten the stock belt up more instead of putting on the gates belt.. should i have changed it to the gates belt or what i did is fine? doing what i did is it harming anything oor loosing power or so? thanks![/quote

you may experience belt slip, which means you wont be reaching max boost (meaning less power). the gates belt isnt necessarily stronger or anything, it just fits better.
well i know i am reaching max boost cause i got a guage! the reason why i am asking cause i dynoed my car and i got 207 to the wheels off a dynojet dyno./. my mods as far as performance is zpi cat-back and nst s/c pulley.
i guess more power to you then for pulling it off without a new belt? from my experience the oem belt was rather loose on it with the NST 9.5lb pulley, a bit too loose for my liking. the auto-tensioner can only tighten it by so much. but hey whatever works for you
Old 12-30-2007, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I believe that its the emanage blue but I'm not really sure
Old 12-31-2007, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah..spend a couple hundred more and get the ultimate, so many more features. blue can barely do anything
Old 12-31-2007, 01:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea but i am getting the blue for around $200 and i am not going crazy with it, i want it b/c i know that if i stuck with trd reflash and started modding i can risk everything i just want it a little upgraded to be safe
Old 12-31-2007, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you ever wonder why it's so cheap

but hey if thats what you want then go for it. i'm just saying in the future you might want to do more and then you may end up upgrading that to an ultimate or even a standalone system anyways. good luck to you!
Old 12-31-2007, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well I'm buying from a friend that is why I am getting it for a good price so idk what to do ill see what happens I know that everyone says the blue isn't the best but ill see what happens
Old 01-02-2008, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump
Old 01-02-2008, 12:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump
Old 01-02-2008, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump cmon guys I'm buyin my s/c soon I need help!
Old 01-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Banned
SL Member

so what are your new questions?
Old 01-03-2008, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol sorry they r on the first page added to the bottom of the list i think i put stars on them if not i will

Quick Reply: Overhaul on S/C Questions update *new questions