Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

P-Tuning 3" Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 06:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 20tCDude05
Oh, how is it modified?
A small portion of the ptuning exhaust has been shortened(near where the it bolts up to the s pipe). I'm not sure by how much though.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow thats a ripoff... i was quoted 600 for a 3" turboback.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I want quality though.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it was quoted made out of full stainless steel.. all my friends go to exhaust depot around here to get exhausts done on there cars, srt's,gti's,sti's etc.. full stainless steel exhausts
Old 11-08-2008, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by toyota_scion_tc
Most turbo kits out there come with downpipe and s-pipe combo don't purchase the Ptuning exhaust with s-pipe save yourself money just get the exhaust without s-pipe! I accidently have done this and will be selling the s-pipe. How much power are you trying for?
True, but Most turbo kits out there also come with a 2.5 inch downpipe and S-pipe. So, therefore, it would still be better to keep your S-pipe on the Ptuning exhaust, you will get better gains. Especially since your are talking about getting their short block and making power.
Old 11-09-2008, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Most turbo kits out there come with downpipe and s-pipe combo don't purchase the Ptuning exhaust with s-pipe save yourself money just get the exhaust without s-pipe! I accidently have done this and will be selling the s-pipe. How much power are you trying for?
True, but Most turbo kits out there also come with a 2.5 inch downpipe and S-pipe. So, therefore, it would still be better to keep your S-pipe on the Ptuning exhaust, you will get better gains. Especially since your are talking about getting their short block and making power.
True but mine has a 3" DP and Spipe
Old 11-09-2008, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoFloTC
it was quoted made out of full stainless steel.. all my friends go to exhaust depot around here to get exhausts done on there cars, srt's,gti's,sti's etc.. full stainless steel exhausts
Did they quote with mandrel bends?
Old 11-09-2008, 02:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah I know, so I got dibs on the S-pipe from the Ptuning exhaust though right...
Old 11-09-2008, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 20tCDude05
One shop, I got quoted for almost $900 just for a catback with the muffler I have.
That's crazy that Hank quoted you that much. My friend with the 1JZ swapped Lexus got 3" downpipe back, mandrel bent with a high flow cat for like 6-700 dollars...
Old 11-09-2008, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I know, so I got dibs on the S-pipe from the Ptuning exhaust though right...
Its yours!
Old 11-09-2008, 02:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Check out WWW.turbo-mafia.Com great exhaust systems and cheap.
Old 11-09-2008, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Isn't Turbo-Mafia like ZPI?
Old 11-09-2008, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Linky no worky...besides, they don't exactly have a good rep. So not recommend.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

all i can go with is the exhaust i have on my car and i love it.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoFloTC
yes that sounds about right. But the big difference is the flanges used and quality. The P Tuning exhaust is a competition exhaust and uses V-Band clamp flanges and the materials used are of high quality and high polish. A custom exhaust is made for your specific car at that specific time and welded on the spot... labor is what you are paying for really. All of that labor went into the prototype exhaust we made, then it was refined into what is now offered. Here is one thread with customer's results with pictures: https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...tuning+exhaust

This thread : https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...ng+exhaustwill have more detailed information on the exhaust. In short words, you get what you paid for. Also the exhaust is dyno-proven to provide huge gains, that is a nice thing to know. This exhaust is not meant to compete price-wise with other exhausts because it is not comparable, it is offered for the true enthusiest wanting the best product offered.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

X2 above, the Ptuning exhaust was only manufactured after they tested it out on their own car and dyno to get the best results!
Old 11-10-2008, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I guess I should sell my Carbon TI muffler and get this exhaust. Just not sure whether to get the S-Pipe too. Any suggestions? Pics look nice. Gains are insane. Can't imagine what mine will be from 2.5" piping to 2.25" piping. Any guesses? I am at 9.5 lbs and will raise the boost to 12 lbs before I get the exhaust.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well ya i own the ptuning exhaust and id never vote against it.. but i just dont like the idea of someone buying such an exhaust and then cutting it up ;/ makes me sad. thats why i brought the idea up of custom exhaust so he could have the muffler he wanted welded on.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont want to use the muffler I have, its a bit too ricey. However, I may change the tip of the P-Tuning exhaust because I like the look of a rolled circular tip, not oval.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:03 PM

When we originally designed our 3" exhaust system we had some design criterias we wanted to meet:

Function:
1) It had to be efficient with minimal bends to allow maximum power gains.
2) It had to be made entirely of 304ss-we don't want to see rusted flanges.
3) It will use ss v-band connections only (you can't tune a car with an exhaust leak. Any 2-bolt flanges using a gasket will leak, especially if the exhaust is remove and install multiple times. The more power/air you push out of the exhaust, the higher the chances of leaks).
4) The muffler has to be custom made to reduce the exhaust note as much as possible (this is not an off-the-shelf muffler that was puchased and welded on).
5) The muffler had to be mounted low and forward as possible to reduce center of gravity for racing--hence we mounted the bulk of the weight in the center-bottom of the car.
6) The system had to be modular-we wanted to be able to use the same system whether the customer is running just the s-back system or with our 3" s-pipe for a turbo-back system.
7) All exhaust hangers on the exhaust tubing will be trianglelated to prevent stress cracks. The rear secion also has an extra hanger to prevent the tip from moving side to side during hard cornering, which without it, will burn the exhaust opening on the bumper.
In addition, this exhaust system was in preparation for our turbo kit that we will be releasing, which will come with a full 3" downpipe/s-pipe that will bolt with a v-band directly to our 3" exhaust system. Will our turbo kit, you will have a TRUE 3" turbo back exhaust right off the 3" -vband turbine housing.

Form:
1) The exhaust will be a production piece that is fully polished and fits perfectly.
2) The exhaust tip has to look subtle -- to many of our customers, not just tc, but evos, sti, 350z, etc. are always complaining to us about getting pulled over by the authorities for having coffe-can muffler exhaust system.

MrC

Quick Reply: P-Tuning 3" Exhaust