Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

P-tuning kit hits the streets of Delaware Pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

TRACK DAY!! please not at cecil again..... I wheel hopped to much I like capital or MIR

Time Attack Im in...
Old 02-02-2010, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by mospeedtc
TRACK DAY!! please not at cecil again..... I wheel hopped to much I like capital or MIR

Time Attack Im in...
I vote MIR!! although Capital may be closer to you northerners?

And keep in touch Mo, rules this year got weird. Have to be a RTA member and have a RTA license to compete... no big deal but it has to be done though the mail and is $75!
But Ken is in, and good customer AJ who will debut the new turbo kit by Ptuning on his Evo. I REALLY wanna see you race with us!
Old 02-02-2010, 02:18 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

I have been here on SL for over 4 yrs now... got my second tC project going... bought my latest tC a 2008 brand new... and I still only have 7K on it lol (sits in a heated garage )......
and drool over these 2 kits.... P-Tuning and Dezod... if it wasn't for so much loot up front for an F/I project.... I'd be in line at the door for one, even if I had to drive all the way out to have it installed/tuned at the source.
I've got a decent amount of mods already installed....but one of these would be the icing on the cake :D
Old 02-02-2010, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Oh and this one is for the P-Tuning and Dezod reps that have posted in this thread thus far....
With either of your F/I kits.... what is your recommendation on going to forged internals or complete built motor prior to one of your kits? Or if tuning to a lower number would give plenty of hp the kit can offer w/o damaging or prematurely wearing on stock motor/internals...Mainly for the long term on the setup... I plan on keeping my tC long after I have it paid off.

Thanks in advance for input on this

Last edited by Mouse; 02-02-2010 at 02:33 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:39 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
I vote MIR!! although Capital may be closer to you northerners?

And keep in touch Mo, rules this year got weird. Have to be a RTA member and have a RTA license to compete... no big deal but it has to be done though the mail and is $75!
But Ken is in, and good customer AJ who will debut the new turbo kit by Ptuning on his Evo. I REALLY wanna see you race with us!

justin me and mo are down for mir have done that trip together before
Old 02-02-2010, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ A turbo kit will prematurely wear your engine but still can last a long time if properly maintain
Old 02-02-2010, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I just need at least 2 weeks notice of a event and time to let the boss know....

justin-- PM or post site with details on signing up. I'll be on the track this year.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:53 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just need at least 2 weeks notice of a event and time to let the boss know....

justin-- PM or post site with details on signing up. I'll be on the track this year.

slow driver mod ftl
Old 02-02-2010, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thought you weren't suppose to boost on a budget....

Anyways the kit is sick and so is PTuning, and i tought it was common sense to upgrade your exhaust system when going FI... But keep us posted with some more pics/vids and numbers....
Old 02-02-2010, 08:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: P-tuning kit hits the streets of Delaware Pics inside

Obviously, this is not time for a "don't boost on a budget" comment. Go spam the eBay build threads.

He had an anftermarket exhaust, not a stock one, so it was upgraded. Read the entire thread. And 9/10 people that are boosted on scionlife don't have a 3 inch turboback.

Just stop it.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by bdis3
Obviously, this is not time for a "don't boost on a budget" comment. Go spam the eBay build threads.

He had an anftermarket exhaust, not a stock one, so it was upgraded. Read the entire thread. And 9/10 people that are boosted on scionlife don't have a 3 inch turboback.

Just stop it.

9/10 people don't have a 3 inch downpipe either. Just seems like a common sense thing to me, no offense, but one is 3 inches the other is 2.25 or 2.5. At what point do you realize there has to be some means to connect the two. You can't rest that responsibility on the Turbo manufacture....there are endless exhaust possibilities out there and manufacturing a connection device would be costly when you don't know exactly how many people it will actually work for.

Then the rant would be something to the effect of...."our included adapter from PTuning doesn't fit"...which would be something to complain about.

Anyhow, waiting for the pics...

PS...Those bumper latches look familar...
Old 02-02-2010, 01:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Once again I agree, but it is the responsibiliy of the manufacturer to tell the customer that it will NOT fit. And then they should at least tell their employees this too. Because one of the salesmen tried to tell me they had an adapter. But first I had to convince him that it wouldn't fit, and explain to him what v-band was. Either way, everything fits now.

And you have the latches on your car too? I put mine on in the begining of summer last year and they make everything so much easier. Love them.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol thi thread makes me laugh...
Old 02-02-2010, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by bdis3
Once again I agree, but it is the responsibiliy of the manufacturer to tell the customer that it will NOT fit. And then they should at least tell their employees this too. Because one of the salesmen tried to tell me they had an adapter. But first I had to convince him that it wouldn't fit, and explain to him what v-band was. Either way, everything fits now.
Apparently you've never dealt with Greddy directly. On their turbo for the 1gen xB the downpipe to exhaust flange is angled for the bB, and will NOT line up with the US version, meaning you need to either a) cut and reweld the downpipe, or b) cut and reweld the exhaust, making it impossible to go back to stock without another trip to the welder. Nothing in the documentation says anything about this, the asterisk even says "reuse stock hardware to bolt the downpipe to the cat assembly".

On the supercharger (coming direct from Greddy) one of their technical support staff told me the supercharger wouldn't fit a 2006 because the pulley sizes were changed; the same factory part number for the accessory belt is listed for all years, meaning pulley size didn't change.

/agree that a shop should know all information on their merchandise, especially for in-house manufacture, though even from the old description I recall PTuning's description only saying it would mate to their exhaust. Just saying, it can be a lot worse, even from the big companies.

If you guys want to chew turbo theory, this one helped me quite a bit. There's a chapter in there on exhaust sizing and it explains the limitations of mating to smaller exhaust sizes, as well as why bigger isn't always better. I found it a better and much more applicable to late model import tuning than Corky Bell's book.

http://www.amazon.com/Street-Turboch...5123034&sr=8-3
Old 02-02-2010, 02:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

wow...

Old 02-02-2010, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know it could have been worse, a lot worse. But whatever it all fits now. I've worked on all types of cars with crappy eBay kits to Full Race kits on hondas and acuras and everything in between. Let's just drop the downpipe/exhaust issue.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Im butt hurt you made fun of my kits DP .......lolz

OK continue, multi meet..... we have to find 3 cars same year, different kits, tuned, going at it pound for pound.

Too many Ptuning kits out now and all so near... PA,MD,VA, and now DE
Old 02-02-2010, 02:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by game-over
wow...

Old 02-02-2010, 02:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

^I can see it damn work blocker all I see is the red"x"
Old 02-02-2010, 02:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Im butt hurt you made fun of my kits DP .......lolz

OK continue, multi meet..... we have to find 3 cars same year, different kits, tuned, going at it pound for pound.

Too many Ptuning kits out now and all so near... PA,MD,VA, and now DE

so

i want to run you

Quick Reply: P-tuning kit hits the streets of Delaware Pics inside