Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

pay to tune or??

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 03:25 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol guys this is also the guy who dynoed 160+whp with his muffler cut off and a home made intake....lol
Old 03-23-2010, 03:34 PM
SL Member

I don't know why people have to be _______s. Why would anyone want to come on here and participate?? I'll figure this ____ out on my own or join another forum.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:37 PM
SL Member

Yea if you read the thread it says the dyno wasn't calibrated right (correction was incorrect) and it was to show my gains from the turbo. Aren't you the one who got all his posts deleted for being inflammatory? Don't you just pay someone else to do all your work. Ptune=you had your work done. get real
Old 03-23-2010, 03:38 PM
SL Member

Don't hate on the intake and exhaust. why put money into something that will just be taken off. So I got creative, keep throwing money at your car. We can line up and see whats up in the end
Old 03-23-2010, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

all right guys lets be polite or at least try to be polite. If your answer is going to be facepalm lets not post it, come on now.

Seriously WalkaWalka, dont be cheap and tune it professionally ! Because is the most important thing and spending $500 now can prevent you from spending thousands later and that later can become sooner then you think...

Last edited by RusWolf; 03-23-2010 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-23-2010, 03:41 PM
SL Member

Homemade because I have a kid and I go to school full time. I also work two jobs and own my own house. And this isn't my only hobby so if I don't know everything there is to know about tuning my car, why is it so hard for you to realize that you are just a punk kid living in mom's basement with a bunch of little pictures you downloaded off some website. GET A LIFE
Old 03-23-2010, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

^^ True story.

Regardless of whether the guy wants to be ignorant by not reading up on all the facts before posting something worthy of a face palm..give him a break.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:46 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by RusWolf
all right guys lets be polite or at least try to be polite. If your answer is going to be facepalm lets not post it, come on now.

Seriously WalkaWalka, dont be cheap and tune it professionally ! Because is the most important thing and spending $500 now can prevent you from spending thousands later and that later can become sooner then you think...
I can't find a shop near me that is comfortable tuning the car. I scheduled a dyno tune in Chicago but he called me back and said he can't tune the F/IC on the tC. Said he can't get the partial throttle right. AEM has been no help finding a shop near me. I have access to a dyno at school and that's probably where I'll end up doing it. Why pay a professional if I am going to school to be that guy?
Old 03-23-2010, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Walka, just research on how to tune yourself if you don't have the money for a professional tune.
There's a lot of useful information on the forum.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Where are you located, Walka?
Old 03-23-2010, 03:48 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by getaforknjob
^^ True story.

Regardless of whether the guy wants to be ignorant by not reading up on all the facts before posting something worthy of a face palm..give him a break.
if you read the posts the question was derived from a sticky on your site. https://www.scionlife.com/forums/scion-tc-1g-forced-induction-1645/buyers-guide-scion-tc-fuel-ecu-36741/ Face palm
Old 03-23-2010, 03:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by RusWolf
all right guys lets be polite or at least try to be polite. If your answer is going to be facepalm lets not post it, come on now....
My response was facepalm because that's what this thread is....simple as that.

There are institutions that teach how to tune properly and all the steps involved, you don't go out with your scangauge and FIC data log and get it right. Institutions teach you properly so you do not risk the longevity of your car.

The point is there are right ways and there are wrong ways; this thread is obviously the wrong way. There have been numerous threads on this topic and each has ended the same way, either learn how to tune or have the car tuned professionally.

Throwing a map on the car from another tC is a recipe for failure, each car is different and there are many other variables, just because a map works on one does not mean it will work well for another, that's the purpose of a base map, it's a starting point not the finish point.

Learning how to tune isn't impossible but isn't a cake walk either...
Old 03-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by WalkaWalka
Yea if you read the thread it says the dyno wasn't calibrated right (correction was incorrect) and it was to show my gains from the turbo. Aren't you the one who got all his posts deleted for being inflammatory? Don't you just pay someone else to do all your work. Ptune=you had your work done. get real

you must not browse these forums much, im the guru of custom turbo setups, i build my own kits you darn tool, i took it to ptuning to get tuned

Don't hate on the intake and exhaust. why put money into something that will just be taken off. So I got creative, keep throwing money at your car. We can line up and see whats up in the end

ugh.....
Old 03-23-2010, 03:51 PM
SL Member

I live in Indiana. Did you just hook up your laptop and data log on it and analyze?
Old 03-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when only i thought tha tid seen enough idiots on SL u come around
Old 03-23-2010, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by ecko04
Throwing a map on the car from another tC is a recipe for failure, each car is different and there are many other variables, just because a map works on one does not mean it will work well for another, that's the purpose of a base map, it's a starting point not the finish point.
I only offered my map to him, as a place to start.
You have to start somewhere whether it be with no map at all or with a map someone else created.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cburg, your such a noob..

I made this for my tc and gained 100whp with no tune.. YA GO TO PTUNE IDIOTZZZZ
Old 03-23-2010, 03:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Maybe you should start respecting someone who was trying to back you up.
I was going to tell you I have a buddy who lives in Chicago who does street tunes for a living and I'm pretty sure he's familiar with AEM fic.

It your call now.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:57 PM
SL Member

Guru? We're putting twin turbo on a stroked 351 to 408 with megasquirt fuel injection after this. This is what me and my friends do. O btw, we did the stroke and full rebuild too. How many valves have you ground? How many seat have you three angled? Guru.. I got your guru. custom turbo guru.. hah anyone can run piping. Make real power. 408 puts 430 whp with a carb na
Old 03-23-2010, 03:58 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by ecko04
My response was facepalm because that's what this thread is....simple as that.

There are institutions that teach how to tune properly and all the steps involved, you don't go out with your scangauge and FIC data log and get it right. Institutions teach you properly so you do not risk the longevity of your car.

The point is there are right ways and there are wrong ways; this thread is obviously the wrong way. There have been numerous threads on this topic and each has ended the same way, either learn how to tune or have the car tuned professionally.

Learning how to tune isn't impossible but isn't a cake walk either...
there are several facepalms..but my point is not to target facepalm posters but to just remind to keep it civil.. You knwo how it is bro one facepalm posted and then its like chicken's out of an egg appearing everywhere....

so pretty much i think people should post something usefull towards the OP or pretty much dont flood the thread. I Can assure you he is NOT the first and not the last person to be posting something like this and there is no point to get upset over it..thats IMHO.

I'm not sure if that information was posted towards me or not ... where you explained about specialty tuning schools but you should have posted that and addressed it the OP to make him aware if he can't understand himself.

P.S. I and most people obviously understand that tuning is not exactly as easy as some might think it is hence why we are going to people with professional tuning experiences like Vinny Ten, P-Tuning etc...

Quick Reply: pay to tune or??