Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

People With The Treadstone Kits Please Enter

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default People With The Treadstone Kits Please Enter

Whats good everybody. Alright I'm buying the treadstone turbo kit probably within a week or 2 and I asked Jason if they sent instructions with it. He said no but to call them anytime if I ran into a problem. Well I aint the greatest when putting things together but my friend and i put a kit on his eclipse for the first time and wasnt bad and first shot everything worked no leaks or nothing. So is there any DIY's on the treadstone kit or for you installers was it really easy to do? Any info would be good, appreciate it in advance.

www.myspace.com/nyrizzie
Old 08-29-2007, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've got the Treadstone kit and I don't think its the best kit for a DIY. Too much needs to be modified for everything to work. Example, you will need to cut the crash bar, and the faux vents on the front fascia. Do you have the necessary tools for that? You will need to splice in the injectors into the factory wiring. Are you compitent in splicing and comforitable with this? I was not comforitalbe with doing any of the above things, so I payed a professional to do it. I love my kit and am very happy with it, i just think the install of this kit should be done by a professional for it to be done right and in a timely manner. Once its in, I'm sure you'll be happy with your purchase.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks man, well i got no problem cuttin the crash bar or the faux vents. thats no problem and the injectors i dont think I will have a problem with that either. If that's all thats really needed to be done besides the other bolt-on then I shouldnt have a problem at all. I know I should bring it to a professional but I'd rather learn how to do things on my own. I get a lil thrill out of that lol. Na but if there is anything else that seems to be complicated on the install just let me know. thanks again jrod
Old 08-30-2007, 12:42 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn. you sound exactly like a person from the east coast.

makes me feel all nostalgic and ____..
Old 08-30-2007, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol yes sir straight east
Old 08-30-2007, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Jrodizzle... didn't u say it'd be possible to have the intercooler piping re-bent to fit without cutting?
Old 08-30-2007, 02:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JonnyHomesick
Jrodizzle... didn't u say it'd be possible to have the intercooler piping re-bent to fit without cutting?
That is correct. A shop quoted me about $300 to do that.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rizzie
thanks man, well i got no problem cuttin the crash bar or the faux vents. thats no problem and the injectors i dont think I will have a problem with that either. If that's all thats really needed to be done besides the other bolt-on then I shouldnt have a problem at all. I know I should bring it to a professional but I'd rather learn how to do things on my own. I get a lil thrill out of that lol. Na but if there is anything else that seems to be complicated on the install just let me know. thanks again jrod
Ya bro, hit me up on AIM if you have any questions. AIM name is Jmayn81.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

alright thanks playa I got ya screename. Ill let ya know once it comes in or whatever and if I run into some problems. really appreciate it
Old 08-30-2007, 06:31 PM
5 Year Member

Default Re: People With The Treadstone Kits Please Enter

Originally Posted by Rizzie
Whats good everybody. Alright I'm buying the treadstone turbo kit probably within a week or 2 and I asked Jason if they sent instructions with it. He said no but to call them anytime if I ran into a problem. Well I aint the greatest when putting things together but my friend and i put a kit on his eclipse for the first time and wasnt bad and first shot everything worked no leaks or nothing. So is there any DIY's on the treadstone kit or for you installers was it really easy to do? Any info would be good, appreciate it in advance.

www.myspace.com/nyrizzie
I also have the Treadstone Kit. Me and 2 guys here at the shop installed the whole kit in about 6-7 hours, working off and on through the day between customers. It was running that night. It does take a few mods to make it happen, and no there are no instructions.

I have the Greddy Profec Spec II controller and as we speak working on maps for the AEM F/IC. I had the crash bar cut by a local welding shop with the plasma cutter.

Worst part in my opinion was having to use an 1/8" pipe tap to open up the block a tiny amount to fit the fitting they sent. Also the intercooler pipe from the compressor to the intercooler rests on the metal crossbeam below the radiator and I had to cut a small section of the sheet metal on the crossbeam to keep the pipe from vibrating against it making a most annoying sound when driving.