Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Peteyd Saga pt 3.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Peteyd Saga pt 3.....

The question has been asked several times...now its going to be answered. Can the Stage 1 ZPI turbo kit work on the a/t tC? Well the answer will come this saturday. I went today to have my car tuned and apprently im running wayy too lean at WOT and a bit too rich during normal driving. So I was advised to upgrade the injectors and fuel pump which I have orderd and will be in to me friday. As some of you know I have a prototype ZPI kit it was somehwere between stage 0 and stage 1, as of saturday itll offically be a stage 1. The question has been asked time and time again now I will be the official guinea pig of putting the stage 1on the a/t tC. I am in talks with a company on getting an upgraded torque converter. So my transmission will be slightly stronger and as soon as the esk and valve body upgrade is avaible it will pwn all. So time for the question to be answerd everyone wish me luck.

**4/20/06
No CEL this morning found that weird so i think the emange may be of setting it dunno ill find out druing lunch now that its a lil warmer out side. it was cold or cool this morning in houston weather was just right.

**4/20/06 1 pm update
CEL came back on oh well try once more. im going to try pluggin my aem uego sensor in the scondary one since i have no more secondary cat... yay or nay on that?
Old 04-19-2006, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good luck pete! btw, did you get new numbers after you were tuned?

oh yeh another think...fred haas didnt have a s/c test car there ..lol oh well now i know how the other side of town is. but yeh good luck dude!
Old 04-20-2006, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

hope everything goes well peteyd! can't wait to see your results.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Peteyd I forget, how much boost are you running? are you intercooled?
Old 04-20-2006, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is obviously a tuning issue.

are u maxing out your injectors or something?? how many pounds of boost are u running? if u're running 5-15 psi, there should be NO NEED for upgraded fuel components. if the duty cycle is 85% or more, then all thats needed is larger injectors. pump is not needed unless u plan to run 1000cc injectors and/or very high boost.

this is the drawback on piggyback ems systems. i'd say the emanage ultimate stands a LOT better chance at tuning than the ____ty blue box. u should try to get your ppl to do that. i've seen other EMU attempts on this site and its unnsuccessful b/c its obvious the owners do not know what they are doing.

hell, if u can provide me with the tC service manual (helms) i can fabricate a harness easily. plus the EMU has some safety features that the blue ____ doesnt have in case u run dangerously lean or get some boost creep in the cold months.

getting someone to do tranny work? GL with that. it'll be hard, u'll have to find someone who knows how the auto tranny on the tC works. the tC is run by Drive-by-wire, which will make upgraded mechanical parts conflict the electronic automatic controls of the ecu. you're better off trying to manipulate with the torque lock-up engagement point, which i believe the ESK does.

-Joe
Old 04-20-2006, 02:19 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

its not really a question of how many lbs , its more about how much Hp . @ 12lbs with the right turbo ill bet he could max out the stock injectors .

also ill get you a name and number of a Valve Body shop in jersey that does valve bodies for other toyota vehicles maybe they can fix u up .
Old 04-20-2006, 02:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by 05-RS1

are u maxing out your injectors or something?? how many pounds of boost are u running? if u're running 5-15 psi, there should be NO NEED for upgraded fuel components. if the duty cycle is 85% or more, then all thats needed is larger injectors. pump is not needed unless u plan to run 1000cc injectors and/or very high boost.

-Joe
you do know that these cars are returnless fuel setups right? Its not a honda, as boost goes up, fuel pressure remains the same...eventually, there will be a point in time when people will need pumps and its not gonna be to run 1000cc injectors. Have you ever run 1000cc injectors?? Have fun gettin the car to idle correctly. Majority of people are running these cars as daily drivers.
I built a return line setup on my xB with a 255 lph walbro on 320cc injectors for only 6-13 psi on a T20bb. You know what, I was the only xB that I knew of that was able to run over 11 psi without throwing a rod at the time and its cause of that pump and return line
Old 04-20-2006, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good luck

I ordered the stage 1 for my auto as well so I'm interested how it works out for you.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by WreckedtC
Good luck

I ordered the stage 1 for my auto as well so I'm interested how it works out for you.
didnt u order that kit a LONG time ago? I coulda sworn you got it already? Maybe Im thinking of a different person
Old 04-20-2006, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
Originally Posted by WreckedtC
Good luck

didnt u order that kit a LONG time ago? I coulda sworn you got it already? Maybe Im thinking of a different person
I think I ordered it in Feb so it's been a bit, but no I didn't get the whole kit yet.

So, maybe its someone else that your thinking of?
Old 04-20-2006, 03:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i dunno, it might have been you...dam that sux still though for you, sorry to hear you havent gotten the full kit yet
Do you have any ideas as to when your order should be completed?
Old 04-20-2006, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

updated...please at the 1 pm update and lemme know what you think.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this is the drawback on piggyback ems systems. i'd say the emanage ultimate stands a LOT better chance at tuning than the ____ty blue box. u should try to get your ppl to do that. i've seen other EMU attempts on this site and its unnsuccessful b/c its obvious the owners do not know what they are doing.

hell, if u can provide me with the tC service manual (helms) i can fabricate a harness easily. plus the EMU has some safety features that the blue poop doesnt have in case u run dangerously lean or get some boost creep in the cold months.

getting someone to do tranny work? GL with that. it'll be hard, u'll have to find someone who knows how the auto tranny on the tC works. the tC is run by Drive-by-wire, which will make upgraded mechanical parts conflict the electronic automatic controls of the ecu. you're better off trying to manipulate with the torque lock-up engagement point, which i believe the ESK does.

-Joe
This information is completely off. The stock injectors are 370's and the returnless fuel system is regulated in-tank. Anything over 6.5lbs and the injectors need to be upgraded. 15psi on the stock fuel system is rediculas on these cars and will result in a blown engine.

1000cc injectors are not possible on the stock ecu, even with an aftermarket fuel controller without a complete fuel system rebuild. The rail would need to be replaced along with a return style system built. The rails limit is right around 720's.

Im not sure why you would venture to call the Standard emanage ____ and then compliment the Ultimate. They both share the same base functions and tune using the same perimeters. Depending on what features you plan on using, one is just as good as the other, imo. I have had both on my personal car and had success with both.

Charles
Old 04-20-2006, 07:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

OHHHH we have a mister know it all now HAHAHAHA
Old 04-20-2006, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

This information is completely off. The stock injectors are 370's and the returnless fuel system is regulated in-tank. Anything over 6.5lbs and the injectors need to be upgraded. 15psi on the stock fuel system is rediculas on these cars and will result in a blown engine.

1000cc injectors are not possible on the stock ecu, even with an aftermarket fuel controller without a complete fuel system rebuild. The rail would need to be replaced along with a return style system built. The rails limit is right around 720's.

Im not sure why you would venture to call the Standard emanage poop and then compliment the Ultimate. They both share the same base functions and tune using the same perimeters. Depending on what features you plan on using, one is just as good as the other, imo. I have had both on my personal car and had success with both.

Charles[/quote]

can i ask you something do YOU have a upgraded fuelpump???
Old 04-20-2006, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I used the stock intank pump on my previous setup with the stock block. I am now using a completely custom fuel system that of course includes an aftermarket pump.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.importperformancetransmissions.com/

Im sure u may have heard of them , but thats who lots of peeps in the turbo and s/c tacoma scene get the VB upgrade from .
Old 04-21-2006, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboCustomz

hell, if u can provide me with the tC service manual (helms) i can fabricate a harness easily. plus the EMU has some safety features that the blue poop doesnt have in case u run dangerously lean or get some boost creep in the cold months.

-Joe

Im not sure why you would venture to call the Standard emanage poop and then compliment the Ultimate. They both share the same base functions and tune using the same perimeters. Depending on what features you plan on using, one is just as good as the other, imo. I have had both on my personal car and had success with both.

Charles
1000cc/high boost is just an example i threw off at the top of my head.

i've read with the blue emanage and emu systems enough to determine that the emu is FAR better than the blue in the tuning dept. EMU has a bigger window of parameters to adjust, as well as some safety features. and yes, i've messed around with 1200cc injectors (not on my car but a friend's) and idles just fine, higher than stock, but a daily driver-friendly idle. if u have a good tuner and a good supporting EMS system, anything can be done.

i have talked to Peteyd himself. from what i'm understanding, he's trying to run the stage 0 set boost of 5psi. and as i recall, it can be run off stock injectors just fine. he hasnt even tried to increase boost yet. the tuners cant even get a base map running correctly. its still unknown whether he is maxing out his stock injectors or not. hell, his a/f under boost is dangerously lean as it is. (16:1). he's already purchased the 550cc and fuel pump.

but my questions to him was, if he installs the injectors, how is the ecu going to know its not running stock injectors? is he getting knocking?

i personally would never use emanage blue for ANY application. the EMU is far closer to a standalone system. it has additional sensors that can be added that, in the long run, be crucial to the tune. EMU can recompensate the map to make adjustments to changing IATs, ECTs, etc. without that, hello boost creep during the winter months, awkward idle, decrease engine longevity due to excessive engine knock, etc. EMS tuning is far more than just adjust air/fuel mixtures, its the most VITAL part. i would never compromise it. i'd also suggest the AEM EMS system, but unfortunately, none for auto.

if upgrading the fuel system doesnt fix the mixture, what could be the problem???
Old 04-21-2006, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pete, get the CEL codes checked out at autozone for free to see whats causing the CEL.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboCustomz

-Joe

Charles
1000cc/high boost is just an example i threw off at the top of my head.

i've read with the blue emanage and emu systems enough to determine that the emu is FAR better than the blue in the tuning dept. EMU has a bigger window of parameters to adjust, as well as some safety features. and yes, i've messed around with 1200cc injectors (not on my car but a friend's) and idles just fine, higher than stock, but a daily driver-friendly idle. if u have a good tuner and a good supporting EMS system, anything can be done.

i have talked to Peteyd himself. from what i'm understanding, he's trying to run the stage 0 set boost of 5psi. and as i recall, it can be run off stock injectors just fine. he hasnt even tried to increase boost yet. the tuners cant even get a base map running correctly. its still unknown whether he is maxing out his stock injectors or not. hell, his a/f under boost is dangerously lean as it is. (16:1). he's already purchased the 550cc and fuel pump.

but my questions to him was, if he installs the injectors, how is the ecu going to know its not running stock injectors? is he getting knocking?

i personally would never use emanage blue for ANY application. the EMU is far closer to a standalone system. it has additional sensors that can be added that, in the long run, be crucial to the tune. EMU can recompensate the map to make adjustments to changing IATs, ECTs, etc. without that, hello boost creep during the winter months, awkward idle, decrease engine longevity due to excessive engine knock, etc. EMS tuning is far more than just adjust air/fuel mixtures, its the most VITAL part. i would never compromise it. i'd also suggest the AEM EMS system, but unfortunately, none for auto.

if upgrading the fuel system doesnt fix the mixture, what could be the problem???
Perhaphs it was just the way that you stated it earlier, but it seemed as if you were saying he wouldn't need to upgrade the fuel system unless he was going to run high boost (over 15psi) or upgrading to 1000cc injectors. At 5psi the stock injectors are plenty big enough and I would think that it shouldnt be to hard to get a decent tune. If the afr's are hitting those very dangerous levels then something is very wrong.

I know there are many, MANY people using the blue emanage, many on this board and not having issues with it. Its a piggy back and the stock ecu maintains the ability to adjust all the same perimeters it would as stock. There is very little tuning that needs to be done with the stock fuel system at or 6psi so Im not sure what the issue may be without more information.

Quick Reply: Peteyd Saga pt 3.....