Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Peteyd Saga pt 3.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^yup, thats whats puzzling me with pete's car. its only pushing 5 psi and they cant get a straight tune. they are not the best tuners in htown imo BUT they should be able to get a simple tune down.

pete's emanage did not come with ZPI's tune in it. i told him to try to get his emanage to ZPI so they can load a base map so all the tuner he's using has to do is trim/add fuel and advance/retard ignition.

emanage is ok (better than safc/vafc), but i'm willing to fork out the extra money for the AEM EMS.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

are you running the stock o2 sensor ? if not is it possible u didnt get a wideband o2 ?
Old 04-21-2006, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

he's running stock primary. i told him to get rid of the secondary o2 (useless now) and stick his AEM wideband o2 in it. it'll still be accurate b/c for the o2 sensor's sake, it needs to be at least 36inches away from the turbo.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im gonan buy teh stage 1 for my auto also
Old 04-21-2006, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok heres the deal....I NEEDA FRICKIN RULER!!!! on that note i opend up the waste gate(let it be known im never doing that again) the spring ont he inside was green. now tial and in thier great designing ony made a .5" difference in between "small" and "large"so no clue if im running 7psi or 13psi so as soon as i get a ruler i can measure it and figure out what im running exactly.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats where a MAP sensor comes into play.

did the tuner tell u how much boost is your engine seeing? u could run a 5psi spring but engine may only see less due to many variables. (boost leak from couplers, loss of pressure in plumbing, etc)
Old 04-21-2006, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and btw, is the stock map sensor a 1 bar or less? if so, it will not read accurate boost levels without a 3bar sensor.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The tc's dont have a map sensor stock. Even if they did, a 1 bar would be just as accurate at these boost levels as any other one. In fact, at these low boost levels a 1 bar would be more accurate then a 3 bar because of the resolution you could get on a fuel tuning map with it.

If the gauge is showing 5-6psi then im sure you have a 7psi spring (assuming its green) and you are just getting some pressure drop through the intercooler.

There is no need for a base map on this setup. The stock ecu will do the majority of the compensating for this boost level. The emanage is just a good tool to refine the map some and add some fuel in the low boost levels where the factory ecu isn't fast enough to compensate. The car will pick up quite a bit of power because on all the non-tuned dyno's I have seen, the car will run lean under boost at lower rpms, (3k-3800 which is full boost on a 16g equipped turbo application) and pull timing to compensate.Then as the afr's richen up the timing is added back in and the car begins to make its real power. I can post some dyno graphs as examples if that doesnt make sense to anyone.

The emange needs to be set to 0 and someone needs to start over with it IMO. As long as it is configured properly with the MAF, and the MAF is not damaged (which could lead to these problems) then the afr's should go back to what the stock ecu supplies. Use the emanage to tune from there.

Charles
Old 04-21-2006, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok yea ill go to a differnt tuner.....joe i think its time to get stoopified. on that note yes i do have an exhuast leak i need to repalce the manifold gasket, the car feels fine nothing differnt then before the attempted dyno tune. I also have some silicone hoses that they gave me to replace some existing hoses. also i think i may have a boost leak some where the vacume is only reading anywhere from 10-15 at idol. so im going to have to trace that to find out hwere its at.
Old 04-21-2006, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

wow, thats kind of low...I really hope its only a boost leak and not the seals of the turbo
Old 04-21-2006, 03:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by peteyd
ok yea ill go to a differnt tuner.....joe i think its time to get stoopified. on that note yes i do have an exhuast leak i need to repalce the manifold gasket, the car feels fine nothing differnt then before the attempted dyno tune. I also have some silicone hoses that they gave me to replace some existing hoses. also i think i may have a boost leak some where the vacume is only reading anywhere from 10-15 at idol. so im going to have to trace that to find out hwere its at.
What type of gauge are you using? Depending on what units it measures in, that might be ok. If its in inches, then I would say its a tad low if its on the ten side. 15 would be ok. If its in psi on the vaccume side, the around 10-12 is okay. Depends on the units.

Charles
Old 04-21-2006, 03:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TurboCustomz
What type of gauge are you using? Depending on what units it measures in, that might be ok. If its in inches, then I would say its a tad low if its on the ten side. 15 would be ok. If its in psi on the vaccume side, the around 10-12 is okay. Depends on the units.

Charles
autometer carbon fiber series. reads up to 20psi. from what its sounding because its a/t itsa lot differnt hopefully i can find descent tuner in houston to get it done.
Old 04-22-2006, 06:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

st00pid is out of town for awhile. he's usually booked up pretty good. i'm on 2 week waiting period at the moment once he gets back.

there are other good tuners in htown. 3 total that i know of. huy (@ inlineracing), ricky (silverbeast), and jason (st00pidfast).

and as u stated, the tC is still a new platform to be messed with. i'm sure many tuners will have to go thru trial and error with the tC. unfortunately it wont be cheap doing.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 05-RS1
st00pid is out of town for awhile. he's usually booked up pretty good. i'm on 2 week waiting period at the moment once he gets back.

there are other good tuners in htown. 3 total that i know of. huy (@ inlineracing), ricky (silverbeast), and jason (st00pidfast).

and as u stated, the tC is still a new platform to be messed with. i'm sure many tuners will have to go thru trial and error with the tC. unfortunately it wont be cheap doing.
I guess thats why ASAA told me they would get back with me on a quote lol...they use jason. Ricky has taken a slight intrest into doing hes trying to figure out what im running but he hasnt gotten back with me. Where does he work out of?
Old 04-23-2006, 06:48 AM
5 Year Member

I actually use Autologic's dyno only. Jason and I have a good working relationship and dont have a problem sharing a dyno.

Yes, we all get frustrated at cars that come in with problems as tuners, but it does happen.

Currently I am tackling the tC this coming week with good results I hope. We shall see what can come if this new breed.

Please understand Jason and I both can get booked up quickly and often. Although we dont work for each other or together we share a lot in common
Old 04-23-2006, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh noeesss....ricky+peteyd's car=pwnage
Old 04-24-2006, 01:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

. (Want to watch this)
Old 04-24-2006, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^haha dont worry kaeon you know your gonna be on of the first to see the results!
Old 04-24-2006, 08:00 PM
5 Year Member

We should be good to go this week.... keep posted.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^haha dont worry kaeon you know your gonna be on of the first to see the results!
*waits*

Quick Reply: Peteyd Saga pt 3.....