Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Peteyd Turbo Adventure! IT ALIVE!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 04:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol

" Peteyd Turbo Adventure " we could be sidekick with my " Tikbhoy's Supercharger Adventure " thread and rule the world!
Old 02-22-2006, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

updated!
Old 02-22-2006, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

monday was a holiday. the post were closed.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm...

watching thread. even thoughi know whats goin on before peteyd even posts. lol
Old 02-23-2006, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

updated for the day!
Old 02-24-2006, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

UPDATES!
Old 02-24-2006, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Re: Peteyd Turbo Adventure! IT ALIVE!!!!!!

Originally Posted by peteyd
OK instead of leaching off other posts i figured id make my own for peopleto follow. Baisclly heres the deal I have zpi stage 0(its speical unlike all the current ones and probably any other) RIght now my car is running REALLY rich and I think my mainfold/wastegate/down pipe/turbo gasekts maybe blown, and my car plugs I believe need to be gapped(not too sure on that one) So this is basiclly for any noobs that have questions and wish to follow my progess and keep your problems in check. Here is my setup. Speical ZPI stage 0 with FMIC , NGK Iridium IX, and custom 2.5" manderal bent exhuast.

So as of right now my car is running reall rich, back firing, and idling bad I will have ZPI get some new gaskets out to me tomorrow to see if that fixes the problem. So keep watch!

UPDATES
**2/21 325 pm:I talked to kenny he is 2 daying my pnp harness and sending me all the gaskets free of charge so I will have complete new gaskets to replace since i am taking everything off I will go ahead and wrap all my piping in exuast/header wrap. So hopefully that will fix all my issues.

**2/22 1104 am: My emanage finally got sent tou but it wont be here till tue the 28th the guy shoudlve had it sent out friday or monday! bad practices on ebay ...oh well at least its been sent and my pnp harness/gasekts should all be in tomorrow!

**2/23 1150am: Ok gaskets come in today along with pnp harness. I will also be wrapping my downpipe, and manifold in exhuast wrap today since they will be off. Im really hoping the gaskets fix my issue and allow my car to run. If they dont I have no idea what im going to do.

**2/23 1030pm: Changed out the gaskets and the car runs alot better it did die on me once when i first ran it but hasent since! But I dont think the tranny is liking the turbo now cause the car jerks when I let off the accl and let it coast some times its hard sometimes you can barley feel it and sometimes not at all. Im hoping thats just a tuning issue but at least the car is running.

Do a compression check. From what you describe and what I expericed, sounds like you cracked your ring lands... Pull the dip stick while it is running to see if you have any blowby "lots of air shooting out the dip stick, not really air but exhaust gasses" Car will still run somewhat ok with the ring lands cracked but will die allot for no reason or when you let the revs drop.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

**2/23 1030pm: Changed out the gaskets and the car runs alot better it did die on me once when i first ran it but hasent since! But I dont think the tranny is liking the turbo now cause the car jerks when I let off the accl and let it coast some times its hard sometimes you can barley feel it and sometimes not at all. Im hoping thats just a tuning issue but at least the car is running.
if you have no other engine management, its likely compressor surge.. Sometimes if you have a piggyback system, or made adjustments it can also be a transition back to closed loop fuel control.. But what your describing is exactly what a mild compressor surge feels like.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by zer0
if you have no other engine management, its likely compressor surge.. Sometimes if you have a piggyback system, or made adjustments it can also be a transition back to closed loop fuel control.. But what your describing is exactly what a mild compressor surge feels like.
good i have an emanage coming in on tuesday i have the zpi pnp harness already ill plug it up tuesday and tune it on wendesday
Old 02-24-2006, 04:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does it make any noises when you let off the gas and stumbles? Like fluttering noise?
Old 02-24-2006, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

car jerks off! hahah dude once we get that emanage, im telling you, ill tune it generically, but decent, since you will be gettign the software and you already got a laptop
Old 02-24-2006, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ps, we still need to put in new header studs. deserthead..i thought about that lastnight...resonable explanation, though its not the ring lands. one way i figured that, is once we changed the gaskets, car did noticablly idle better, and did not die out when the revs dropped. these motors can handle safely up to 10psi being that they have a CR of 9.6:1 thats perfect and ideal for a decent turbo setup. sure people drop compression to about 8.5/8:1 compression, but thats for race applications that can handle up to 20+psi on the block;..
Old 02-26-2006, 03:22 PM
5 Year Member

yeikes!
Old 02-27-2006, 02:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

how much boost are you running? when you dynod what was your air fuel?