Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Pictures and video of the Turbonetics Scion Tc Kit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Very nice kit, thanks for the vids
Old 01-08-2006, 03:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Originally Posted by Kaeon
Looks like a nice kit... video could of been alot better! I guess you dont get the full effect of how fast the car is when your looking at the radio cover the whole time
Sorry.. I guess....I tried to get what I could...I wasn't video taping I was driving... I'l get some next Friday..
You in FLA?
Old 01-08-2006, 04:03 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks like a nice kit... video could of been alot better! I guess you dont get the full effect of how fast the car is when your looking at the radio cover the whole time
Sorry.. I guess....I tried to get what I could...I wasn't video taping I was driving... I'l get some next Friday..
You in FLA?
I grew up in Miami but I live in San Diego now..
Old 01-08-2006, 09:20 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

can anyone recommend a dealer for this kit whos offering the most competitive prices on it?
Old 01-08-2006, 04:19 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KevShek
can anyone recommend a dealer for this kit whos offering the most competitive prices on it?
Mossy Performance has pretty good pricing right now...
Old 01-08-2006, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks, ive contacted them to see if they will ship to the UK.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks, ive contacted them to see if they will ship to the UK.
I'm sure they will. If you speak with Greg Vogel tell him Robert sent you...
Old 01-08-2006, 06:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looks like he has it all on his webpage with a few other parts.. Link to the turbo kit: http://www.mossyperformance.com/product/?id=5080 pricing is $4225 plus shipping.
Old 01-08-2006, 06:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks RObert, will do just that when the time comes. Ive stuck my SC on ebay as of this afternoon, hoping to get rid and get funds.

Have you seen the other thread i posted LOL! how hard is it to measure the distance between the VC and RAD???? Ive got 11 inches of clearance in front of the engine, im coming to the point where ive more or less commited to getting this kit but still need to know if its gonna fit!
Old 01-08-2006, 06:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks RObert, will do just that when the time comes. Ive stuck my SC on ebay as of this afternoon, hoping to get rid and get funds.

Have you seen the other thread i posted LOL! how hard is it to measure the distance between the VC and RAD???? Ive got 11 inches of clearance in front of the engine, im coming to the point where ive more or less commited to getting this kit but still need to know if its gonna fit!
I'll see if I can get the guys from Turbonetics to get a measurement tomorrow. If I'm not mistaken it looks like less then 11 inches between the VC and rad on the Tc..
Old 01-08-2006, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, im sure youre right, ive been looking thru as many engine bay pics as i can find, looks like it will.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member

Just wanted to chime in. I was the camera man. Sorry about the sub-par video. I was trying to record the tach and speedo, but apparently the glare was a problem I didn't see through the viewfinder. Maybe I should have sat in the back seat. I kinda wanted to, but with Mia flogging the car hard, not wearing a seat belt wouldn't of been smart. Mia, we might want to invest in some kind of tripod or camera stand eh? Haha.

I actually had the pleasure of driving this beast. I've gotta say it's pretty damn quick and I own a recently turbo'd G35. If I compare my G35 (in its former NA state) and the T'netics TC, I'd say the TC is quicker. Probably since the G35 is a heavy pig and I'd guess the TC is sub 3000lbs. Most memorable was exiting the onramp getting on the hwy and flooring it in 3rd, shift to 4th, shift to 5th, thinking maybe I'm going 90mph..look down...120mph, 130mph...good lord! For a stock car in a straight line, the TC at 130pmh was smooth and stable. Personally, I'd invest in some brakes and coilovers to complete the car and control the intense power.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by g35pm
Just wanted to chime in. I was the camera man. Sorry about the sub-par video. I was trying to record the tach and speedo, but apparently the glare was a problem I didn't see through the viewfinder. Maybe I should have sat in the back seat. I kinda wanted to, but with Mia flogging the car hard, not wearing a seat belt wouldn't of been smart. Mia, we might want to invest in some kind of tripod or camera stand eh? Haha.

I actually had the pleasure of driving this beast. I've gotta say it's pretty damn quick and I own a recently turbo'd G35. If I compare my G35 (in its former NA state) and the T'netics TC, I'd say the TC is quicker. Probably since the G35 is a heavy pig and I'd guess the TC is sub 3000lbs. Most memorable was exiting the onramp getting on the hwy and flooring it in 3rd, shift to 4th, shift to 5th, thinking maybe I'm going 90mph..look down...120mph, 130mph...good lord! For a stock car in a straight line, the TC at 130pmh was smooth and stable. Personally, I'd invest in some brakes and coilovers to complete the car and control the intense power.
Well said...
Old 01-08-2006, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thinking maybe I'm going 90mph..look down...120mph, 130mph...good lord!

ala fast n the furious

how does the raptor sound ?
Old 01-08-2006, 09:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tikbhoy

ala fast n the furious

It sounds good IMHO...I have on my Z vented to atmosphere and I love it..on the TC even with it re-circed it sounds good. Stealth enough to blow off past the cops but still auible enough for someone who knows what a bov sounds like to notice..
Old 01-08-2006, 10:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sweet
Old 01-08-2006, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ala fast n the furious

It sounds good IMHO...I have on my Z vented to atmosphere and I love it..on the TC even with it re-circed it sounds good. Stealth enough to blow off past the cops but still auible enough for someone who knows what a bov sounds like to notice..
im not familiar with the turbonetics raptor but if i cap the plumb pipe, can i mount a trumpet on it ? or does it come with the kit since regular raptor is atmospheric.

thanks
Old 01-08-2006, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ala fast n the furious

im not familiar with the turbonetics raptor but if i cap the plumb pipe, can i mount a trumpet on it ? or does it come with the kit since regular raptor is atmospheric.

thanks
I'm not sure if the horn is part of the kit but I will tell you that if you vent to atmosphere you may run into issues with coming off boost. Since the MAF if pre-turbo when you vent to atmosphere that air has already been metered and therefore fuel has been added for it. If you open the BOV at that point the car will run VERY rich for a second and may cause idling or stalling issues... But if you wanted to yes it could be done...
Old 01-09-2006, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cool thanks, just wondering.

unless somebody gets a GFB deceptor PRO, that thing is sweet! fully adjustable by remote
Old 01-09-2006, 12:38 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

cool thanks, just wondering.

unless somebody gets a GFB deceptor PRO, that thing is sweet! fully adjustable by remote
No worries...Turbonetics just wanted to make this as turn key as possible and keep daily driveability.

Quick Reply: Pictures and video of the Turbonetics Scion Tc Kit!!!