Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Pictures and video of the Turbonetics Scion Tc Kit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 11:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheTC
GREAT PICS! But the Video sucks!!! I guess u can kinda hear the sound...but dood, who was manning the camera on that one?!! HE got some great shots of the windshield wiper lever and the dash/center console!!! WTF!! Those were the most retarded vids I've yet seen. WHat good does it do shooting the interior of the car the whole time if you're trying to show a turbo kit?!! Maybe shoot OUTSIDE THE CAR!!!

I'm sure its a nice kit though. If I had the $$$, I'd def drop it on the turbonetics kit. Much better reputation than ZPI
Did you see the videos out of the car? The drive bys and drive towards. Sorry the videos weren't perfect..I just tried to get some shots of everything. I'll try to get some better vids this Friday...
Old 01-10-2006, 12:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

If I had the $$$, I'd def drop it on the turbonetics kit. Much better reputation than ZPI

More like longer history/reputation. ZPI has a good rep too.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Originally Posted by DuMa
video of your boosted z vs the boosted tc!
I thought about doing that but I would say that probably not a fair run.. My Z makes just over 380 RWHP and 370 ft/lb of tq at the wheels at 8 PSI. Plus I'm RWD...Not really a fair contest...but we'll see what happens...
lol

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=woodyear+350z
Old 01-10-2006, 01:01 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tikbhoy
Originally Posted by DuMa
video of your boosted z vs the boosted tc!
I thought about doing that but I would say that probably not a fair run.. My Z makes just over 380 RWHP and 370 ft/lb of tq at the wheels at 8 PSI. Plus I'm RWD...Not really a fair contest...but we'll see what happens...
lol

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...=woodyear+350z
Lets not bring that war in here. I've already said I'm very impressed not only with this kit but with the car its installed on. No doubt this is one of the fastest FWD cars I've ever driven. But my Z at 8 PSI makes 140 more WHP and I just don't think its a fair race. I will however happily try get a video of this Tc against the turbo Focus ZX3 they have up there. I think the Focus makes about 200 WHP with a similar sized turbo. Should be a good race as I think the ZX3 might be a little bit lighter albeit MUCH crappier quality then the Tc I drove.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:15 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
If I had the $$$, I'd def drop it on the turbonetics kit. Much better reputation than ZPI

More like longer history/reputation. ZPI has a good rep too.
Absolutely...ZPI seems to have a good rep here as well. But you are also correct. Turbonetics has been in business for over 20 years in turbocharger design and production. Its a safe bet to say they aren't going anywhere soon.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got a pm that I didn't include all the info on the kit here so I will add it here and on the main page.
The kit includes the following:
Turbonetics T04E 50 trim/ Stage III .63 A/R ceramic ball bearing turbo
Turbonetics Evolution external wastegate
Turbonetics Raptor By-pass valve
Spearco front mount intercooler
4 high flow Motron fuel injectors
Unichip EMS (fully tuneable by customer with bluetooth link for active tuning)
Turbonetics cast ductile exhaust manifold
All SS304 polished mandrel bent exhaust piping
All aluminum mandrel bent black chrome powder coated intake piping
All exhaust clamps other then last down pipe flange are v -band high quality units to ensure leak free operation
All couplers are secured via high quality and pressure rated t bolt clamps for leak free operation
Heat shiedling for turbine side of the turbo and all vital engine parts
All necessary hardware to install kit including vacuum line
Case of Turbonetics TS-1 oil
12,000 mile / 12 month warranty no fault/no hassle on the entire kit including manifold..

Power out put is 244 FWHP and 262 ft/lb of tq at the wheels at 8 PSI with a very safe 11:1 AFR across the board.
Dyno chart:
Old 01-11-2006, 03:04 AM
Banned
SL Member

I'm continually impressed by the linear power delivery of this motor. Even at 8psi, not major dips or spikes. Makes you wonder whether engine management is even necessary!
Old 01-11-2006, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It looks like you left out the lower front grill to show off the FMIC. Is it possible to put the stock grill back on with this kit to hide it?
Old 01-11-2006, 05:21 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm continually impressed by the linear power delivery of this motor. Even at 8psi, not major dips or spikes. Makes you wonder whether engine management is even necessary!
Trust me management is necessary Keep in mind that getting a smooth tq curve takes good tuning...
Old 01-11-2006, 05:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by titolito
It looks like you left out the lower front grill to show off the FMIC. Is it possible to put the stock grill back on with this kit to hide it?
I believe so but I will confirm this tomorrow morning...
Old 01-11-2006, 06:03 AM
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

not knocking the performance......i'm sure turbonetics is probably the best out there, but quite simply the kit doen't "look" that great. don't know if this really matters to you guys, but doesn't the zpi kit have a better presentation?
Old 01-11-2006, 06:12 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by dsilverstreak
not knocking the performance......i'm sure turbonetics is probably the best out there, but quite simply the kit doen't "look" that great. don't know if this really matters to you guys, but doesn't the zpi kit have a better presentation?
Not sure why you feel that way. Both kits layout is very similar. Turbonetics includes a polished turbo, wastegate, and bov. The pics I took did not have the black chrome intake piping. I'll see if I can get pics of the car with it. I think you might change your mind when you see it.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

dont you mean that it comes w/ a bpv? ....not bov?
Old 01-12-2006, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
dont you mean that it comes w/ a bpv? ....not bov?
Well technically the kit comes with a blow off/by pass valve is it can be used in either orientation. In this kit the valve is re-circulated into the intake tract to prevent rich conditions when coming off of load.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

re-circulated - i know many people like that "PPSSHHH" but the re-circulated kit is the way to go. its all about being the silent killer.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^I like to go PSSSHHH
Old 01-12-2006, 01:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

re-circulated - i know many people like that "PPSSHHH" but the re-circulated kit is the way to go. its all about being the silent killer.
Well you would be surprised. Driving the car the venting is pretty quiet but you can certainly here it vent. I think if we get dyno videos Friday you'll see what I mean...
Old 01-12-2006, 01:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Well you would be surprised. Driving the car the venting is pretty quiet but you can certainly here it vent. I think if we get dyno videos Friday you'll see what I mean...
nothing wrong w/ a vent ... i love it... but hearing a release 2 blocks away .... that would get old. would prob have been cooler in high school.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

nothing wrong w/ a vent ... i love it... but hearing a release 2 blocks away .... that would get old. would prob have been cooler in high school.
No...lol...its not that loud. Its just loud enough for you and the car next to you to know somethings up when you shift at WOT and full boost.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

thats exactly what i want - im just having a hard time picking between the supercharger .....which i can upgrade to get around this hp in the future or going w/ the turbo and getting it upfront. I dont know if im ready for the upkeep of a turbo since im always in my car taking long runs.

Quick Reply: Pictures and video of the Turbonetics Scion Tc Kit!!!