Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

possible boost for 2grand?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 04:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Its almost like an addiction...

maybe it really is an addiction

Boost is like drugs...the more you boost, the more you get hooked!

but to the OP, my best advice for you is to learn more about turbo setups for our car, what makes them tick, the good the bad, the UGLY, and how to maintain crap...

and save up the extra cash and do it right

take my word and probably MANY others' on this site, do it RIGHT the first time, so there will not be a money wasting 2nd time!
Old 12-07-2008, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by REVOSOLDIER
cool deal... lovemytc is selling her dezod kit with everything included for 2800 i offered 2500 so well see what happens. When i get back to the states there is a shop in florida ill prolly have them check the turbo...any idea how much that will run? And I know they tune to which i heard is like 100 an hr. true? false? lol she said the emanage comes pretuned but to get my car fully tuned when installed. I was thinking about installing it and then towing it down to florida to get it done. Of course this is all if she accepts my offer. thats what im shooting for smoke...i mean i want it just to go faster but beating those cars would be a plus. lol. The oil pan comes pretapped to so thats good Ive been reading that it sux to get that off. You guys have any tips as far as tuning or install common problems? Also ima need to get guages how much will that run?
I know a guy in Fl. Where are you going to be though?
Old 12-07-2008, 08:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im stationed at moody afb ga, Valdosta is the city. I wont get back from my deployment till march though. Does he do tuning and all that?
Old 12-07-2008, 08:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by yamaha16bw
Yup. I try not to think about how much Ive put into the turbo setup up alone! lol

Same here, lost count a LONG time ago. Well, didn't exactly loose count, just did not bother to keep up with it cause it's a heartache... My gauges alone are nearly $1k.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

for 2 grand this guy can get a dezod manifold for 450, a turbo for 500, custom pipe from turbo to Throttle body & intake pipe for turbo inlet for 200bucks, 500 bucks for wastegate, custom dump pipe and assorted oil feed and drains, another 200 on a BOV and you got spare cash. run it at 5psi and you have a quick little tC........then when you have money to spend, go front mount and turn up the boost. but you should never ever go turbo on a budget, you always will have to spend more than you think. something always goes unplanned
Old 12-07-2008, 09:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Not for nothing but i think that method is pointless.....
A non-intercooled non-fuel managed boosted tc at 5 psi
Is in my opinion, not going to make nearly enough hp to even
Warrant spending 2k on.

Just do it right from the get-go
Old 12-07-2008, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

If u wanna buy my tt kit sans turbo just make me any offer, tge piping manifold and intercooler is for sale, along with bov and wg
Old 12-07-2008, 09:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

If u wanna buy my tt kit sans turbo just make me any offer, tge piping manifold and intercooler is for sale, along with bov and wg and downpipe

Reason for sale: bought a dezod kit!!
Old 12-07-2008, 09:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC_2NeR
Not for nothing but i think that method is pointless.....
A non-intercooled non-fuel managed boosted tc at 5 psi
Is in my opinion, not going to make nearly enough hp to even
Warrant spending 2k on.

Just do it right from the get-go
word i agree w/ you 100percent but if he plans on only spending 2k on a turbo setup whats more reliable? 2000 spent for a stage 0 or 2000 spent for a stage1
Old 12-07-2008, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tC_2NeR
If u wanna buy my tt kit sans turbo just make me any offer, tge piping manifold and intercooler is for sale, along with bov and wg and downpipe

Reason for sale: bought a dezod kit!!
the guy should buy that from u build his kit over time and itll be worth it.......i pieced mine together over 5 months lol
Old 12-07-2008, 09:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha 5 months and i still not done, dudes right boost is the worst addiction to ever have. i smoke ciggerettes and drive boost and let me tell you, the boost damages the wallet 10x more compared to cigs....
Old 12-07-2008, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by B_Real45
Talk to Marcelo on here...

He basically purchased an eBay kit just for the manifold and piping - and purchased good parts to complete the kit.

I think it came ouit to under $2k - and it makes good power. 280wp and 300wtq I think on a Greddy eManage.
rob (b real) is talking about me. i purchased a kit from emotorusa.com (dont purchase from them) all i used from them is there manifold and there intercooler piping to boost under 2 g's all you need is buy a cast manifold which you can get from under 400 easy then intercooler piping from under 400 then wastegate and bov from under 300 if you check on craigslist.com like i did and oil lines from dezod which under i think 100 or a local shop like i did and a 60-1 master power turbo like i did under 600 bucks. and your done, you would have to get 550cc if you want used on the forum and emanage on the forum up to you. but you wont be wasting that much money. its all on you. i went custom cause i wanted to be different. but you can fid pretty good deal on this forum. its all about shopping around and knowing what your getting for te price your paying. ou need any help let me know and pm me and we can talk on the phone. i have no problem trying to help anyone. good luck
Old 12-08-2008, 09:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

word...thanks marcelo still waiting on word from iluvmytc. She is sellling her dezod kit for a good price. Comes with everything but gauges. If I knew more than I did I would go custom but since I dont I wouldlnt want to mess it up. Ya im not trying to do a budget turbo because doing it wrong like you all said could really screw me and my wallet! Anyone know of good places to get gauges?
Old 12-09-2008, 03:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Boosting on a budget = massive failure.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea theres a great deal on the classifieds section its my turbo kit and im selling it for dirt cheap 950 shipped it has all u need to get it up and running on 5.8psi untunned then u can use the rest of the money u saved for tunning and a boost controller
Old 12-09-2008, 10:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by cburglb34
yea theres a great deal on the classifieds section its my turbo kit and im selling it for dirt cheap 950 shipped it has all u need to get it up and running on 5.8psi untunned then u can use the rest of the money u saved for tunning and a boost controller
Minus the turbo itself.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Minus the turbo itself.
what do you mean? the turbo is for sale with the kit..
Old 12-09-2008, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Minus the turbo itself.
what do you mean? the turbo is for sale with the kit..

That's not that crappy ebay turbo that popped on you? If not, my bad, thought it was the Ebay turbo.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol travis did u not read my post about getting the new t3to4..haha

i went from a ebay t3 45trim to a t3to4e 57 trim from ssautochrome nice and balanced my friend runs on on his supra has been doing so for 3 years
Old 12-09-2008, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

lol travis did u not read my post about getting the new t3to4..haha

i went from a ebay t3 45trim to a t3to4e 57 trim from ssautochrome nice and balanced my friend runs on on his supra has been doing so for 3 years

Naw...sorry didn't see that. What brand turbo is it? And why are you selling anyway?

Quick Reply: possible boost for 2grand?