Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Post your turbocharged pics!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks lucis...I like the setup. Looks real clean...but where is your BOV?
Old 02-11-2008, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Thanks lucis...I like the setup. Looks real clean...but where is your BOV?
The BOV is mounted on the I/C pipe right near the intercooler outlet. The kit was originally used on the project tc we built for Scion Corp (Mid atlantic). The kit was designed for an 05-06 tc. Lucis has an '07 so we had to fabricate a new I/C elbow and weld on a new '07-'08 MAF flange.

MrC

Old 02-11-2008, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

browndogg, any plans for a tranny swap?
Old 02-11-2008, 11:06 PM
SL Member

yes what ptuning said
Old 02-11-2008, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by LucisXIII
yes what ptuning said

right on! Thanks.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

question to all turbo tc...

did you guys modified the fuel line to a return style system? if so, what kit did you have?
Old 02-12-2008, 07:40 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you can do that?!

put the BOV near the IC area?
Old 02-12-2008, 08:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bluaeon

did you guys modified the fuel line to a return style system? if so, what kit did you have?
I did one on mine, i run an AN fitting welded to the fuel rail to an AEM fuel regulator to the tank. and i have the vacuum line unattached to the regulator, it was pushing too much fuel for what i need, didnt want to de-tune everything else to compensate the 1:1 boost/fuel rise.
Old 02-12-2008, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by aen
you can do that?!

put the BOV near the IC area?
Yes, you can mount the BOV on the I/C pipe before the I/C after the I/C or even on the end tanks. It really comes down to preference and available clearance. On our turbo kit we mount the BOV on the I/C pipe right after it exits the I/C but before the MAF sensor which we mount right before the TB as a blow-thru system.

MrC

Old 02-12-2008, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by deathbyc4

I did one on mine, i run an AN fitting welded to the fuel rail to an AEM fuel regulator to the tank. and i have the vacuum line unattached to the regulator, it was pushing too much fuel for what i need, didnt want to de-tune everything else to compensate the 1:1 boost/fuel rise.
There's nothing to be gain by adding a return-style fuel system without using the 1:1 rising-rate fuel regulator.

Normally aspirated car never sees boost, so the injectors have no problem maintaining constant pressure across the injectors from idle to WOT, so a returnless style fuel system is sufficient. If you convert your car to forced induction running low boost, you can compensate for the fuel requirements with larger injectors and tuning. But when you get into higher boosted applications, a return-style fuel system in critical.

The reason for that is when your car is under vacuum (normally aspirated), the vacuum in the manifold/runners actually draws the fuel out of the injectors, when you go into boost, the pressure inside the manifold/runners actually makes it more difficult for the fuel to discharge from the injectors. That's where the 1:1 fuel regulator comes in. As the boost increases every 1 psi, the regulator increases the pressure 1 psi over the static pressure to help force fuel out of the injectors. So the return-style fuel system with a 1:1 regulator actually extracts more fuel out of your injectors under boosted applications. So if you're running 550cc injectors at 100% duty cycle on a boosted engine with a returnless fuel system, you're not getting 550cc out of the injectors.

With that said, we will be offering a return-style billet fuel rail, regulator and fuel pump upgrade for boosted applications shortly--you will need to get a retune. And for those tracking their cars, we will also offer a fuel surge tank to prevent fuel starvation during cornering--a big problem with the tc's fuel fuel system due to the design of the tank and fuel pickup location.

MrC

Old 02-12-2008, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ptuningcom
Originally Posted by deathbyc4

There's nothing to be gain by adding a return-style fuel system without using the 1:1 rising-rate fuel regulator.

Normally aspirated car never sees boost, so the injectors have no problem maintaining constant pressure across the injectors from idle to WOT, so a returnless style fuel system is sufficient. If you convert your car to forced induction running low boost, you can compensate for the fuel requirements with larger injectors and tuning. But when you get into higher boosted applications, a return-style fuel system in critical.

The reason for that is when your car is under vacuum (normally aspirated), the vacuum in the manifold/runners actually draws the fuel out of the injectors, when you go into boost, the pressure inside the manifold/runners actually makes it more difficult for the fuel to discharge from the injectors. That's where the 1:1 fuel regulator comes in. As the boost increases every 1 psi, the regulator increases the pressure 1 psi over the static pressure to help force fuel out of the injectors. So the return-style fuel system with a 1:1 regulator actually extracts more fuel out of your injectors under boosted applications. So if you're running 550cc injectors at 100% duty cycle on a boosted engine with a returnless fuel system, you're not getting 550cc out of the injectors.

With that said, we will be offering a return-style billet fuel rail, regulator and fuel pump upgrade for boosted applications shortly--you will need to get a retune. And for those tracking their cars, we will also offer a fuel surge tank to prevent fuel starvation during cornering--a big problem with the tc's fuel fuel system due to the design of the tank and fuel pickup location.

MrC
Ding ding ding, ptuning is correct. A lot of the direct injection applications (FSI) have a high-pressure fuel pump right before the fuel rail that is directly driven by the cam. It has the same effect as a return-style fuel system by rapidly increasing fuel-pressure as cylinder and intake pressure increases, without running a return line. Unfortunately it is not a 1:1 relationship with boost, which requires significant changes when tuning (changing several fuel models on the ECU).

Personally I am running the Sound Performance return-style fuel system conversion, Walbro 255LPH fuel pump, and the same fuel collector used by the Toyota Pro/Celeb tC's (huge thanks goes out to TRD and Toyota Motorsports for providing me information on how to obtain the part).

If you are interested in obtaining the fuel collector, just send me a PM and I'll give you the information on how to order it.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SuchaCleanTC

Old 03-17-2008, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Looking good Andrew/Matt!
Old 03-17-2008, 01:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ty.

The first time it wouldn't start cause of the damn MAF was dirty.
And if you ask about the section of the charge pipe that has nothing on it, the pipe from the Fujita was cut and placed there, cause I forgot to tell my mechanic about the intake pipe. So now its just kinda there. But my intake pipe is the ZPI to the Fujita CAI pipe. AND YES the MAF is being held by zip ties, a new 0 ring, and some sealant.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I honestly never thought I would ever have the Money to turbo my car and post in this thread lol Dreams do come true HAHA

^^^ 2nd Place Best Tc at Longo Tri-athalon this past weekend
Specs:
-Custom Tubular Manifold (Stainless Steel)
-Custom Downpipe (stainless Steel)
-Turbosmart Pro-gate Wastegate (7 psi spring)
-Custom Wastegate Dump Tube

Link to my thread
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...804&highlight=
Old 03-17-2008, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmmmm.
looks good
Old 04-05-2008, 12:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^agreed, the girl looks great
Old 04-05-2008, 03:13 AM
5 Year Member
OhioScions

couple shots of my tc, nothing special but I love it.

Old 04-05-2008, 01:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

clean engine bay! i love the coating of the intake pipe
Old 04-05-2008, 01:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Sleeper intercooler

day view

Quick Reply: Post your turbocharged pics!