Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Potential of the TRD s/c ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds good to me. Drop me a pm whenever you get a chance simply and let me know what you've got going on. I'll try and keep you and highlander updated whenever I get some new stuff going on and I'll watch out for some pm's from you guys.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And scion-ce, sorry about that man
Old 04-10-2006, 07:26 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by kytc
And scion-ce, sorry about that man
??? for what?
Old 04-10-2006, 07:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Leaving you out of the loop, I forget just how many of us got the s/c when it came out, lol
Old 04-10-2006, 11:28 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Maybe a weird question, but can i keep my aftermarket air intake and getting a s/c without voiding the warranty?
thanx
Old 04-11-2006, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Vito, Sci-once, KYtC, and Highlander, if at all possible, try to keep me tuned in. I ordered my s/c the day it was available. I'm even on my second s/c tC
Old 04-11-2006, 02:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What happened to the first?
Old 04-11-2006, 02:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^may I ask what happened to the first one?!?!
Old 04-11-2006, 03:45 AM
Banned
SL Member

Guys, I am going to attempt to see how far I can go with stock boost. Most of you guys have succumbed to the evils of boost and wanted more. I also wanted more, but wanted my warranty even more. I already have a full exhaust, from the MMW header/s-pipe to the DraXas cat-back w/ hi flo cat and resonator. I have the Bosch 110 sport. I am waiting for either ZPI or MMW to come out with there supercharger intake. After I put that on, I will take my car to the dyno. The boost pulley will come later. The MMW header gave me significant gains on the butt dyno, especially in the midrange. I am hoping the supercharger intake will net 15whp. I think I can reach 230whp without the pulley, which is what you guys were getting WITH the pulley. Only time will tell. I will try to keep you guys informed.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kytc
What happened to the first?
I totalled my 05 in January. Check my profile for before and after pics. It was the first tC in my area, then the first lowered tC, then the first supercharged in my area. My 06 is almost up to par w/ the 05. Hopefully this summer it will be better.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hate to say it, but I wouldnt wait for an intake to come out. You may be waiting a long time.. Also, it may hinder your possibilities for an Intercooler, if I can fit it right.. hehehe...

Also, I am going to prolly call Vortech and see about a water to air aftercooler.. I would bet if you moved the battery to the trunk you could sit a water to air cooler right in there...
Old 04-11-2006, 05:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRAND...ayphotohosting
Something like this I think would fit perfect.. Just get a small radiator to mount infront of the stock one, and a pump.... I would bet it would work WONDERS!!! Keep boost loss to a minimum.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:55 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by HighlanderMac
I hate to say it, but I wouldnt wait for an intake to come out. You may be waiting a long time..
You're probably right about that, but I've been personally talking to Leo from MMW. Hes the guy that actually welds the MMW header. He has begun development of a supercharger intake. I asked if he would sell me the prototype for cheap. that remains to be seen.
Personally I don't mind waiting. I am in no rush to throw on the pulley. Doesn't hurt to wait longer to see the long term effects of the pulley. I'm sure the supercharger intake should be out by the 1st of the month. That would be nice.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

alright guys...some of you already know this but I will throw it up for the rest of you guys. Im working on seeing if the G trim impeller will work in the F trim housing. The dimensions of both the housings are the same on both blowers. Im pretty sure its the same blower with just different impellers. If I am correct on this one, we will be seeing a lot more boost without having to change out the pulleys The only problem now, is trying to get my hands on a G trim impeller to try it out...if anyone has any resources lemme know, I dont mind being the first to see if it will work
Old 04-11-2006, 03:20 PM
ed5
5 Year Member

hey guys....let me know which is a better choice..a turbo charger or th trd s/c...and if i buy the s/c can i still put in a intercooler.and how much does the intercooler improves on the horsepwer,,,,how much does the s/c cost in the us...cause down here in pr we the dealers still dont have i tfor sale
Old 04-11-2006, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scion-ce
I hate to say it, but I wouldnt wait for an intake to come out. You may be waiting a long time..
I'm sure the supercharger intake should be out by the 1st of the month. That would be nice.
1st of May? Did MMW tell you that? I am just so skeptical when it comes to supercharger intake releases. It would be awesome if its true.
Old 04-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by ryno379
I'm sure the supercharger intake should be out by the 1st of the month. That would be nice.
1st of May? Did MMW tell you that? I am just so skeptical when it comes to supercharger intake releases. It would be awesome if its true.
No that isn't an official date. We all know ZPI was supposed to release theirs March 1st (which we all see didn't happen) MMW told me they were developing theirs last week or so. I have to contact Leo and see what the progress is. I was just assuming that the rest of this month would be plenty of time to finish it.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ryno379
No that isn't an official date. We all know ZPI was supposed to release theirs March 1st (which we all see didn't happen) MMW told me they were developing theirs last week or so. I have to contact Leo and see what the progress is. I was just assuming that the rest of this month would be plenty of time to finish it.
Please let us know if you hear anymore details. I'm especially interested to hear about dyno results and affects on afr.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Any updates?