Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

PRJCT SCIKO TURBO ( 117 pix on pg 1 )

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 09:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default PRJCT SCIKO TURBO ( 117 pix on pg 1 )

Hey guys I keep seeing everybody else's project thread so here I am making one of my own. I bought my car in the August of 2006 as a 2007 Nautical Blue Metallic. I ordered the car and received it with zero miles on the OD, I have put 17,048 miles on it. This is what the car looked like when I bought her and a few months after.

Than unfortunately what led me to have a new tc project car was when I wrecked it. and it was not bad nor pretty. Just the beginning to my learning adventure. What happened was my girl and I were taking an on ramp to go to my house after school, well long story short their was a semi carrying gravel for the construction job a few miles ahead, he popped a tire and covered the road with some gravel. I came and not noticing since the sun was in my eye I hit it and flew off the highway with out knowing what had just happened. When I got out I saw my car in this shape.

Than I started repairing her.

came out something like this. . .
6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

6/7

So than I was like FCK iIT ill just over haul the whole car and just make it my project till its clean the way I like em. So right now I am currently in the process of painting and turboing the car. More pics will soon to come as I progress. Here is a mod list of my car. What it currently looks like also.

ill keep updating as I go. All pics will be in the first page with dates on them if they were not up at the time I first posted this. This is what the last three years of my life have been upto. This is why I do not drive my car on a regular basis and why it has such low miles. Right now I am in the process of striping it for paint and masking. I am going to paint it myself to learn how to. I figure if I took it to someone I would pay anywhere from 3 to 5 k and well I can get all supplies to paint the car for 400 alll quality PPG. So if it does not come out good I will sand and re paint until I get it right. Stay tuned ill take more pics soon.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks nice and i like how your manifold looks but it looks funny with the cf hood and fenders because from the further pic it looks black but overall your car looks really nice.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
OhioScions
SL Member

looking good....did u take off the kit? cuz last pictures u have oem intake and headers?
Old 06-05-2009, 02:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

keep the good bro!! car is coming along!
Old 06-05-2009, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

very nice man.....very nice....i guess ill have to start my build thread as my build started last night hahahaha
Old 06-05-2009, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by AcidDrop
looks nice and i like how your manifold looks but it looks funny with the cf hood and fenders because from the further pic it looks black but overall your car looks really nice.
thanks man. Ya it looks funny I hate the body right now. It looks off because I got rid of my fenders to goodguy on here, we actually traded ( wanted stock ones for a clean look and fit.) so his is black so I just slapped them on. I started the body work last night so I will add more pics.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jsingh
looking good....did u take off the kit? cuz last pictures u have oem intake and headers?
Ya I took it all off and then put it back to stock for a week. I was going to start driving it like that but decided to do it all the first time around. started the body work last night. So will see were it comes to.

Originally Posted by TCpete
keep the good bro!! car is coming along!
thanks man, Ima bout to jump over to your valve cover thread, see its up.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gingles
very nice man.....very nice....i guess ill have to start my build thread as my build started last night hahahaha
do it up man, interested as to what your car will do man with ur new set up.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

polish or paint ? ? ? will see. . I am gonna play with it a bit.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fresh Crew
SL Member

a description above the picture would have been helpful to see what you were doing
Old 06-08-2009, 05:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its a spark plug cover. I dont know whether I am going to paint it or polish it. 800 grit sand paper and water to start wet sanding it.
here is another pic.

after 800
Old 06-08-2009, 11:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn you did all that work in one day pretty impressive.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Those fenders and hood look awful familiar......lol. Oh wait, that's right, I have the same exact ones. Heheee.
Old 06-08-2009, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pwee08
Not one day. I just found that memory card so I uploaded them to my computer. That was this last summer. It took me every day for a bout two weeks to do it all. That was straight cleaning and detailing everything along the way. The suspension though I did put all on in one day. It went off one day to a friends shop were we took the bushings out and then pressed in the new ones. Drank a few beers called it a day and then the next day I slapped it all on. Third day it was off getting aligned.

I know aint that weird travis ? I liked the concept of those fenders but the fitment was terrible. I am gonna go with the seibon ones after I get wheels.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

looks good man! time to get some nice wheels!
Old 06-08-2009, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by scikotictc232
Originally Posted by pwee08
Not one day. I just found that memory card so I uploaded them to my computer. That was this last summer. It took me every day for a bout two weeks to do it all. That was straight cleaning and detailing everything along the way. The suspension though I did put all on in one day. It went off one day to a friends shop were we took the bushings out and then pressed in the new ones. Drank a few beers called it a day and then the next day I slapped it all on. Third day it was off getting aligned.

I know aint that weird travis ? I liked the concept of those fenders but the fitment was terrible. I am gonna go with the seibon ones after I get wheels.
Me too. I want the Seibon ones since they are 10mm wider than stock, but I hate the slit/vent in them. They should have made OEM 10mm wider ones. I probably will just run flares on my current CF ones.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ travis they are oem. I called seibon to see if the mesh would come with them or if it was something you had to do your self. they told me they dont offer the ones with the fent and they only did them in oem style except they were extended 10 mm. I wanted the ones with the vent. could have made something look good with them.

ACE I know man wheels will be coming for sure. I am not sure what route I will go but I think I am just going to save up a good sump of cash and see what is available. I will preferably like to find a project set. I love BBS wheels but will see . Advan wheels are also in my dreams, will see what happens. What I do know is that they will be baller status.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^ travis they are oem. I called seibon to see if the mesh would come with them or if it was something you had to do your self. they told me they dont offer the ones with the fent and they only did them in oem style except they were extended 10 mm. I wanted the ones with the vent. could have made something look good with them.

ACE I know man wheels will be coming for sure. I am not sure what route I will go but I think I am just going to save up a good sump of cash and see what is available. I will preferably like to find a project set. I love BBS wheels but will see . Advan wheels are also in my dreams, will see what happens. What I do know is that they will be baller status.

If that's the case, how come every website you can purchase the Seibon CF fenders from, only show the one with the vents. They do not show an OEM style CF fender made by Seibon. Only the Extreme Dimensions ones.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont know man, I asked them the same question and they told me they dont offer that kind for the tc just for other high end cars that will actually need / use it. I gotta get me some wheels though before I go much deeper. My plan is to get the car running good with the turbo set up and then get some wheels for it. When I move down to Laramie for wyotech Ill just save up my cash while im down their and have someone their paint it. If not my bro will paint it since he is going to school up their for paint and collision repair.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I dont know man, I asked them the same question and they told me they dont offer that kind for the tc just for other high end cars that will actually need / use it. I gotta get me some wheels though before I go much deeper. My plan is to get the car running good with the turbo set up and then get some wheels for it. When I move down to Laramie for wyotech Ill just save up my cash while im down their and have someone their paint it. If not my bro will paint it since he is going to school up their for paint and collision repair.

That doesn't make much sense... If you got the cash to buy, who the hell cares what it's going to be used for. Make the damn sale...pretty simple. We are talking about fenders here, not some principle intellectual property.

So, your saying they ones with the Vent or without the vent they were only making for certain cars.

This is what I'm talking about. If you do a google search for "Seibon Carbon Fiber Scion tC fenders", you get NO OEM style fender that's wider. Only these that are 10mm wider.

Quick Reply: PRJCT SCIKO TURBO ( 117 pix on pg 1 )