Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

problem after problem.... (with dezod???)

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default problem after problem.... (with dezod???)

I want to start out by saying I AM NOT POINTING ANY FINGERS. However. I was looking under my hood today because one of my charge pipes blew off.... not a big deal of course just put it back on and re tighten... I was admiring my work when I saw this

I have not contacted Dezod yet so I do want them to have a chance to redeem themselves. To me that looks like a cracked manifold... I want to remind you that I have had this kit for less than 7 months . this is the 3rd problem I have had with this kit. I understand that sometimes you get lemons but when I buy something brand new I expect it to work for at least a year So here is my question.. Anyone else have this problem??? I am just disappointed that I have to basically remove and reinstall the kit all over again. That will be my 5th tune on this kit which as everyone know is not cheep. I will be contacting Dezod tomorrow morning to see what they can do
Old 10-05-2008, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have the same thing.. it occured soon after the install but i thought it was just the coating that was cracking??? is it really the manifold!?
Old 10-05-2008, 09:59 PM
Banned
SL Member

they better give u a new one
Old 10-05-2008, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hell yeah .. even if it is the coating do you wanna take the chance.. what happens in another 5 months when it is actually cracked and then its past a year and they cant guarantee it ... I think that s a high risk your taking.. I have had cracked manifolds b4 on my talons and even my Volkswagen. I'm telling you its not good
Old 10-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Banned
SL Member

sounds like ____.. drives like ____
dont wanna ____ up a valve
Old 10-05-2008, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

huh.. mayb i should have said something to paul a long time ago.. cuz my mani has the same thing.. it happened when i got it dyno tuned. so basically a week after install..
Old 10-05-2008, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah I would have... you might wanna say something now
Old 10-06-2008, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It could be a flaw in the metal, then again it could be the tune you had if the EGT's get too high this is one of the things that will happen. Have you tried calling them to see what they say?
Old 10-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by toyota_scion_tc
It could be a flaw in the metal, then again it could be the tune you had if the EGT's get too high this is one of the things that will happen. Have you tried calling them to see what they say?
We would be more than willing to take a look at it. So long as it is not tuning related or anything of that nature, we will gladly repair it for free.

The coating, if the manifold has it on it, has been known to chip off overtime. We had one customer down-state in NYC who swore up and down that his manifold was cracked in the collector area. He sent it to us, and after taking a wire wheel to it, we realized it was the coating chipping off. I am not jumping to conclusions or anything, but just stating past experiences.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks paul... give you a call right now
Old 10-06-2008, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I have had nothing but phenominal luck dealing with Dezod. You should have really talked to them first before posting on here to give them a chance to remedy things. Hope you get it fixed soon and get back to boosting.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

in case you missed the begaining of the thread it clearly stated I WAS NOT POINTING ANY FINGERS... and I got it resolved...... thanks for the concern though... I was just wondering if anyone else had a problem like me. AKA (common/not common) I wasnt sue at first if it wasnt the coating or not but I have it figured out
Old 10-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by JL56TC
in case you missed the begaining of the thread it clearly stated I WAS NOT POINTING ANY FINGERS... and I got it resolved...... thanks for the concern though... I was just wondering if anyone else had a problem like me. AKA (common/not common) I wasnt sue at first if it wasnt the coating or not but I have it figured out
Yeah John, like I said we can get ya taken care of just let me know when's good for you sir.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

OMG....You got a cracked manifold....WOW...Welcome to the world of F/I. This is not even thread worthy.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
OMG....You got a cracked manifold....WOW...Welcome to the world of F/I. This is not even thread worthy.
Then why are you reading it and why did you bother to post in here . BTW I have had multiple turbos and this is the first mani problem I have had.... like paul said heis going to have to take a look at it.. Rhythmnsmoke rember your post on "I wish I had the TC when..." I thought that was pointless but I didnt bash you... why? COUSE ITS NOT WORTH MY TIME

Thanks again Paul for being so cooprative
Old 10-06-2008, 08:26 PM

I just put one in my Green Tc and it is running great, no problems at all with cracking.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:27 PM

I just put one in my Green Tc and it is running great, no problems at all with cracking.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by JL56TC
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Then why are you reading it and why did you bother to post in here . BTW I have had multiple turbos and this is the first mani problem I have had.... like paul said heis going to have to take a look at it.. Rhythmnsmoke rember your post on "I wish I had the TC when..." I thought that was pointless but I didnt bash you... why? COUSE ITS NOT WORTH MY TIME

Thanks again Paul for being so cooprative

Cause the title would suggest you had a "REAL" Problem..... And then with the way you posted your comment, you would have thought it was a Catastrophic failure with Dezod.

Dude, that's the inherit nature of running hot gases, and boosting a motor that was N/A'ed to start. Stuff happens. Sorry, it's my opinion. This was like walking into a flick show and expecting to see Carmen Electra naked and instead Ru Paul greets you.....A complete Let down.

When people have problems and they put the companies Name in the thread title, it's usually something more drastic than a crack, strip bolt, or whatever minor that could be solved by a 10 min trip to the exhaust shop for a quick weld tap.

Guess you missed an opportunity to bash in that thread. You could go revive it if you wished. I still did race the M3 in case you missed that point.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have to say it would be a little hard for me to have a real problem since Dezod is the champion of the world on kits (in my opinion) ...and here comes the brown nose you ready... I think its hard to find flaws in something that is way above the curve... so you will have to excuse me if I knit pick at the small things gotta give those guys crap for something right... anyway Rhythmnsmoke im to tired to care sorry
Old 10-06-2008, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

down travis down

Quick Reply: problem after problem.... (with dezod???)