Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

problems continue...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default problems continue...

well, now, my car won't start. this happened monday morning also. i noticed my emanage wasn't on and the CEL dummy light wasn't on even though the other dummy lights on the left side were on. so i unplugged the top harness plug on the ecu and plugged it back in and it started like nothing was wrong. i've been having these starting issues before back in january before my old emanage went bad.

i just got my car running with a new emanage this past saturday and now this problem is still here. im back to driving my old 88 celica again and it sucks. im almost at the end of my wits with this car, this is rediculous. i mean, i have a plug n play emanage harness, what is going on!? there must be something wrong with the factory wiring but i have no idea where to start troubleshooting.

idk, maybe it will start when i get home like it did back in january when i was having starting trouble. but im positive this is an electrical problem (as ALL my problems so far), theres nothing mechanically wrong.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

your plug and play harnass is wired wrong, im willing to bet.. honestly go buy T-taps and wire it in yourself, save the time and expense.. and sell your harnass..
Old 03-21-2007, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya, but it doesnt explain why my car starts a lot of the time and sometimes it doesn't. for the first 2 months i had my kit, i had no trouble at all with anything.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh see i didnt know that. might wanna check your connections, check your ground. recheck your factory harnass. if lights are not coming on chances are your grounding something out.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks, i still gotta go check fuses and whatnot. im just so frustrated that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. my car has been so unreliable from the start of this year. i had no problems for the first two months i had the kit last year.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wish i could help more but i am unfamiliar with your kit. if you were only local, we could get ya going.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

have you tried talking to paul over at Dezod Motorsports ?

I would like to know as well because i am a day from receiving my car
back from the installation shop with the Dezod kit.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i wouldn't worry about your kit. i doubt my problems are from the pnp harness. i gotta troubleshoot when i have time. for all i know, the ecu might not be getting an ign signal since i have my gauges and turbo timer wired to my ign. bah, i hate troubleshooting wiring...

kinda sad since im majoring in electrical engineering
Old 03-22-2007, 07:13 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by satoman44
i wouldn't worry about your kit. i doubt my problems are from the pnp harness. i gotta troubleshoot when i have time. for all i know, the ecu might not be getting an ign signal since i have my gauges and turbo timer wired to my ign. bah, i hate troubleshooting wiring...

kinda sad since im majoring in electrical engineering
LOL, good luck with that problem man, if you come up with a solution dont forget to post it up.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya man don't give up! You'll figure it out. Could be you need an entirely new harness after what happened before? at any rate, PAUL! at Dezod motorsports is the man and he'll help you out for sure, just do some brainstorming. I'm not tryin to preach or anything but I must have called paul a hundred times during my install. Literally. It was to the point where he answered the phone and was like 'what's goin on mike' instead of the usual. It was literally the first time I touched an engine bay. And for the most part my issues were all related to a faulty injector. But I made my way through and now I'm happilly boosted. I'm hoping to make 300 whp pretty soon
Old 03-23-2007, 08:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, same like couple months ago when i was having the same problems. sometimes it starts, sometimes it doesnt.

did some troubleshooting at the ecu and found the ign switch voltage signal is low at around 5V when its supposed to be around 12V. im gonna check the ign switch circuit tom. its probably bad because i have my gauges and turbo timer spliced into the ign.

woo hoo! circuit troubleshooting ftw! lol
Old 03-23-2007, 09:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I's say that is it for sure! Wire the gauges into something else and you should be good to go!
Old 03-23-2007, 04:59 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by satoman44
well, same like couple months ago when i was having the same problems. sometimes it starts, sometimes it doesnt.

did some troubleshooting at the ecu and found the ign switch voltage signal is low at around 5V when its supposed to be around 12V. im gonna check the ign switch circuit tom. its probably bad because i have my gauges and turbo timer spliced into the ign.

woo hoo! circuit troubleshooting ftw! lol
WAITTT!!!!! When you received your e-mangle back from Gred did you make sure to change the one jumper so that the ignition is set to 12v????? Tell me you did.
Old 03-23-2007, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

idk, i followed the jumper setting layout that you have on your website.

but ya, like i said before, i was having these starting problems in january when i still had my original emanage. this is why i think its a problem with my ign circuit. and ya, my car does run fine now (when it does start) now that i have a working emanage. thanks again paul for making greddy send me a new one.