Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

projected whp and 1/4 mile time?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 08:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default projected whp and 1/4 mile time?

I was just wondering if anyone could give me a rough estimate of how much whp im putting down or what you think I may run at the track this wednesday?
mods:
zpi stage 0 turbo kit
ark dts-cat back exhaust
cat removed with straigh pipe
zpi s-pipe
jdm short shifter
ingals stiffy
hks bov
stock tires
Old 07-31-2007, 09:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

with management id say about 240-250 whp and a low 14 sec quarter mile, maybe high 13's.
without management i imagine much worse.
i dont know anyone that has a stage zero untuned that runs well personally. (i do know some that run poorly) but im sure someone has some good info on that situation
Old 07-31-2007, 09:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

i wud say around mid 14's considerin ur runnin on stock tires and without management..
Old 07-31-2007, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Just bolting on a stage 0 with a BOV and EMANAGE has netted 14.7 consistant passes
Old 08-01-2007, 12:22 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

people cant drive if their doing 14.7 lmao
Old 08-01-2007, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Whocares05050
Just bolting on a stage 0 with a BOV and EMANAGE has netted 14.7 consistant passes
thats not to far off from a supercharger...actually, s/c with pulley, header and exhaust has netted lower quarter times...ive been trying to explain that for so long now and when i raced my friend Si with his stage 0 tC I beat him 4 out of 5 times and ur lil zpi crew lead by rythm couldnt stand to hear it happen. He didnt have an emanage but he had the basic bolt on stage 0 with bov. I also beat him with a bad exhaust leak at my s pipe and terribly slipping belt so I was only hitting maybe 5 or 6 psi. Ive noticed you have been ******* on the s/c lately a lot and I dont think its fair...a stage 0 is very comparable to the s/c wether people wanna believe it or not
Old 08-02-2007, 07:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

blah blah blah I asked for help not for ZPI bashing...I thought it had been explained 124124124 times on here to stop bashing ZPI. I went to the track tonight and in the 80 degree plus temps I ran a 14.4 WITHOUT emanage. In cooler temps with a chance to run more than twice I think I could get much closer to a flat 14. So YAY ZPI. Screw all you shmucks who have been bashing them for years.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice pulls!
Keep it up.
Stock tires, I assume?
Old 08-02-2007, 08:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
thats not to far off from a supercharger...actually, s/c with pulley, header and exhaust has netted lower quarter times...ive been trying to explain that for so long now and when i raced my friend Si with his stage 0 tC I beat him 4 out of 5 times and ur lil zpi crew lead by rythm couldnt stand to hear it happen. He didnt have an emanage but he had the basic bolt on stage 0 with bov. I also beat him with a bad exhaust leak at my s pipe and terribly slipping belt so I was only hitting maybe 5 or 6 psi. Ive noticed you have been ******* on the s/c lately a lot and I dont think its fair...a stage 0 is very comparable to the s/c wether people wanna believe it or not
Ive only raced 1/8th mile, 9.19, which is good for a low-flat 14 in the quarter. I had NST 9.5, MMW Header, HKS axleback, and stock tires on that run. Garage ran a 14.2 quarter, with his 1/8th time being 9.22. So my times are down there for what I have. So I'm estimating my quarter time could be a low-low to a flat 14 in the quarter with P/H/E.

Vid of Run with listed mods. http://youtube.com/watch?v=Arfb4-gRw60
Old 08-02-2007, 08:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by whitetrd
blah blah blah I asked for help not for ZPI bashing...I thought it had been explained 124124124 times on here to stop bashing ZPI. I went to the track tonight and in the 80 degree plus temps I ran a 14.4 WITHOUT emanage. In cooler temps with a chance to run more than twice I think I could get much closer to a flat 14. So YAY ZPI. Screw all you shmucks who have been bashing them for years.
Do you have any scans?
Old 08-02-2007, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MVPlaya
Do you have any scans?
I was there too and drove once. I took a video of Dom running a 14.4 sec at 97 mph. (They didn't have the signs on but they were calling it out loud) Hopefully he will post it soon. I took it once down the track and beat a mustang "Cobra" SVT. It wasn't blown or anything so i don't think it was really a SVT cobra. It just said SVT Cobra on the valve covers and other various places. But it was fun to beat the poser of the night. LOL And i did it by almost half a second
Old 08-02-2007, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont think there are too many complaints about zpi's products. the majority of complaints about zpi is their customer service, just wanted to point that out.

what size wheels and type of tires did you have?
Old 08-02-2007, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by crackl0vesyou
people cant drive if their doing 14.7 lmao
why's that
Old 08-02-2007, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I counter your claims though with mid 14 runs (Stage 0) not high 14's (S/C). A basic S/C can not beat a Stage 0. It can beat the driver, but not the kit. At the time, you raced one Stage 0. It does not constitute that S/C'er is superior. I call it like I see it. The OP ran a 14.4. Stage 0 > S/C.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 06SuperWhite_SoCal_tC
Ive only raced 1/8th mile, 9.19, which is good for a low-flat 14 in the quarter. I had NST 9.5, MMW Header, HKS axleback, and stock tires on that run. Garage ran a 14.2 quarter, with his 1/8th time being 9.22. So my times are down there for what I have. So I'm estimating my quarter time could be a low-low to a flat 14 in the quarter with P/H/E.

Vid of Run with listed mods. http://youtube.com/watch?v=Arfb4-gRw60

This confirms it. Louis with stock exhaust, Emanage, and falken tires ran a 9.2 in the 1/8th mile. The two times above is not on Stock S/C'ers. They have the additional bolt-ons Including Upgraded Pullies. Upgrades to take them to 9.19 and 9.22 1/8th miles, not Stock S/C'er from the dealer. For the S/C'er to be comparable and make it a drivers race, needs to have pulley, I/H/E, and equal driver as a basic Stage 0.

Louis Stage 0 was street tuned without a wideband, not dyno tuned by the way. And the poster doesn't even have management, but the other basic mods.

Louis ran 14.5, OP ran 14.4. No one has been able to do that with a S/C'er even with just an exhaust bolt-on. The argument of management has been made many times. Let's not forget the S/C'er has the TRD reflash. That's considered management, no matter how crappy some might think it is.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCizzler
I was there too and drove once. I took a video of Dom running a 14.4 sec at 97 mph. (They didn't have the signs on but they were calling it out loud) Hopefully he will post it soon. I took it once down the track and beat a mustang "Cobra" SVT. It wasn't blown or anything so i don't think it was really a SVT cobra. It just said SVT Cobra on the valve covers and other various places. But it was fun to beat the poser of the night. LOL And i did it by almost half a second

The older Cobra's were not blown (not saying that one was a true Cobra), just letting you know that there is a N/A'ed Cobra.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

quote of mine from another thread...

i dont think he hates treadstone. its just the whole no fuel management thing. does it work? obviously. is it safe? well it could be alot safer. theres really no big mystery to the whole thing. treadstone/zpi stage 0 are able to work (so far) because they dont run more than 7 psi. its the same reason you dont "need" a reflash with the s/c to make it work. the only reason tredstone/zpi stage 0 make more power is because of faster spool, and no parastalic drag. so like i said, it can be done, but it deffinetly borders on not being safe. im pretty sure that was his beef.

...your robing power from the engine with the s/c plain and simple. but hey. lets all just boost however we choose to. thats the whole point of customization, right? to make it how YOU want it. besides it doesnt matter if the stage 0 > s/c, or the other way around, because turbo toyotas ownz you all.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^+1
Old 08-02-2007, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
I counter your claims though with mid 14 runs (Stage 0) not high 14's (S/C). A basic S/C can not beat a Stage 0. It can beat the driver, but not the kit. At the time, you raced one Stage 0. It does not constitute that S/C'er is superior. I call it like I see it. The OP ran a 14.4. Stage 0 > S/C.
Well, as said, with emanage no matter if it was tuned on a dyno or not its still a tune and no longer a basic stage 0. Most people start with headers and exhaust before they even go forced induction. So someone like me already had the headers and exhaust, and the only thing i had to add was the pulley. Also, my car was running nowhere near what it should have with the belt slip and exhaust leak. Just so you know also, he is no longer running that kit due to the boatload of problems with it...one after the other with the turbo blowing seals etc. Kenny wont replace it for him either and its only got like 10k miles on it...what a shock
Also, even without an emanage, its still running stock timing, which is gonna be a huge advantage as the TRD reflash pulls a sick amount of timing
Old 08-02-2007, 11:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Well, as said, with emanage no matter if it was tuned on a dyno or not its still a tune and no longer a basic stage 0. Most people start with headers and exhaust before they even go forced induction. So someone like me already had the headers and exhaust, and the only thing i had to add was the pulley. Also, my car was running nowhere near what it should have with the belt slip and exhaust leak. Just so you know also, he is no longer running that kit due to the boatload of problems with it...one after the other with the turbo blowing seals etc. Kenny wont replace it for him either and its only got like 10k miles on it...what a shock
Also, even without an emanage, its still running stock timing, which is gonna be a huge advantage as the TRD reflash pulls a sick amount of timing

Nonetheless. A Stock S/C'er is without a Pulley, H/I/E. Also I'm trying to figure out why turbo's are having seal issues. This is beyond the Stage 0, as Kumistu had bad seals on his Dezod turbo, and when he upgraded to a Gt30, that soon after had the same problem. The S/C'er also has a seal issue after extended use, so I'm thinking the issue lies within the car itself rather than the equipment on it.

Quick Reply: projected whp and 1/4 mile time?