Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

projected whp and 1/4 mile time?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by blown_xa
Originally Posted by crackl0vesyou
people cant drive if their doing 14.7 lmao
why's that

im saying if they have the sc or zpi stage 0 kit i run 15.1 @ 93 mph and ive done a 94 and 95 mp pass to all 15.1 with stock tires h/i/e (no axle back at one point ) and no spare tire if u do the math with proper traction i should be doing atleast 14. 7 but then again my friend with the turbonetics kit ran a best time of 15.1 on a hot day at 98 mph
Old 08-03-2007, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by 06SuperWhite_SoCal_tC
Originally Posted by Simplyscion
Originally Posted by Whocares05050
Just bolting on a stage 0 with a BOV and EMANAGE has netted 14.7 consistant passes
thats not to far off from a supercharger...actually, s/c with pulley, header and exhaust has netted lower quarter times...ive been trying to explain that for so long now and when i raced my friend Si with his stage 0 tC I beat him 4 out of 5 times and ur lil zpi crew lead by rythm couldnt stand to hear it happen. He didnt have an emanage but he had the basic bolt on stage 0 with bov. I also beat him with a bad exhaust leak at my s pipe and terribly slipping belt so I was only hitting maybe 5 or 6 psi. Ive noticed you have been ******* on the s/c lately a lot and I dont think its fair...a stage 0 is very comparable to the s/c wether people wanna believe it or not
Ive only raced 1/8th mile, 9.19, which is good for a low-flat 14 in the quarter. I had NST 9.5, MMW Header, HKS axleback, and stock tires on that run. Garage ran a 14.2 quarter, with his 1/8th time being 9.22. So my times are down there for what I have. So I'm estimating my quarter time could be a low-low to a flat 14 in the quarter with P/H/E.

Vid of Run with listed mods. http://youtube.com/watch?v=Arfb4-gRw60

This confirms it. Louis with stock exhaust, Emanage, and falken tires ran a 9.2 in the 1/8th mile. The two times above is not on Stock S/C'ers. They have the additional bolt-ons Including Upgraded Pullies. Upgrades to take them to 9.19 and 9.22 1/8th miles, not Stock S/C'er from the dealer. For the S/C'er to be comparable and make it a drivers race, needs to have pulley, I/H/E, and equal driver as a basic Stage 0.

Louis Stage 0 was street tuned without a wideband, not dyno tuned by the way. And the poster doesn't even have management, but the other basic mods.

Louis ran 14.5, OP ran 14.4. No one has been able to do that with a S/C'er even with just an exhaust bolt-on. The argument of management has been made many times. Let's not forget the S/C'er has the TRD reflash. That's considered management, no matter how crappy some might think it is.
I may have other supporting mods, but if you think about it even with those mods it only brought me upto what the stage 0 kit makes untouched. I have power that is comparable to them, so it makes it a more fair comparrison. Stock s/c tC's range from 190-*210*whp untouched. I make 230whp, what does a Stage 0 make?

* for 07 refreshed motors.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im a little dissapointed with the s/c...it runs a 15.1...wth is that 200hp...a ss cobalt runs 14.1 and its only a 5 hp difference and its a 2.0.....whats the deal...it might not pretain to the sub...but i read a little and there is disscusion of zpi and s/c....so i figured wth..sorry if its off topic.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

zpi stage 0 = 230 whp at 6psi
Old 08-03-2007, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

my friend with the turbonetics kit ran a best time of 15.1 on a hot day at 98 mph

Ouch...

Stock tires I presume though right?
Old 08-03-2007, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Just bolting on a stage 0 with a BOV and EMANAGE has netted 14.7 consistant passes
thats not to far off from a supercharger...actually, s/c with pulley, header and exhaust has netted lower quarter times...ive been trying to explain that for so long now and when i raced my friend Si with his stage 0 tC I beat him 4 out of 5 times and ur lil zpi crew lead by rythm couldnt stand to hear it happen. He didnt have an emanage but he had the basic bolt on stage 0 with bov. I also beat him with a bad exhaust leak at my s pipe and terribly slipping belt so I was only hitting maybe 5 or 6 psi. Ive noticed you have been ******* on the s/c lately a lot and I dont think its fair...a stage 0 is very comparable to the s/c wether people wanna believe it or not
Ive only raced 1/8th mile, 9.19, which is good for a low-flat 14 in the quarter. I had NST 9.5, MMW Header, HKS axleback, and stock tires on that run. Garage ran a 14.2 quarter, with his 1/8th time being 9.22. So my times are down there for what I have. So I'm estimating my quarter time could be a low-low to a flat 14 in the quarter with P/H/E.

This confirms it. Louis with stock exhaust, Emanage, and falken tires ran a 9.2 in the 1/8th mile. The two times above is not on Stock S/C'ers. They have the additional bolt-ons Including Upgraded Pullies. Upgrades to take them to 9.19 and 9.22 1/8th miles, not Stock S/C'er from the dealer. For the S/C'er to be comparable and make it a drivers race, needs to have pulley, I/H/E, and equal driver as a basic Stage 0.

Louis Stage 0 was street tuned without a wideband, not dyno tuned by the way. And the poster doesn't even have management, but the other basic mods.

Louis ran 14.5, OP ran 14.4. No one has been able to do that with a S/C'er even with just an exhaust bolt-on. The argument of management has been made many times. Let's not forget the S/C'er has the TRD reflash. That's considered management, no matter how crappy some might think it is.
I may have other supporting mods, but if you think about it even with those mods it only brought me upto what the stage 0 kit makes untouched. I have power that is comparable to them, so it makes it a more fair comparrison. Stock s/c tC's range from 190-*210*whp untouched. I make 230whp, what does a Stage 0 make?

Yeah, that's what I was saying. To make it equal, the S/C'er needs additional mods. Stage 0 is rated at 230whp (untouched). Dyno's have been between 220-230whp. Simplyscion makes it seem that the S/C'er untouched is equal to a Stage 0 untouched. There is enough data on both setups now, that shows that it takes a good set of mods in addition to the S/C'er to bring it up to par with the Stage 0.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my friend with the turbonetics kit ran a best time of 15.1 on a hot day at 98 mph

Ouch...

The guy who was driving might of fell a sleep at the wheel. lol
Old 08-03-2007, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cessblood

Ouch...

probably...even with stock tires, that time is very slow.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 05-RS1
Originally Posted by cessblood

Ouch...

probably...even with stock tires, that time is very slow.

Yes, at the Last Scion Shootout, Rob (employee) ran 13.5 on the Stock Scion tires.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh how easy it is to get completely off topic!

The best part of that night was when i was sitting in the Grand stands waiting to catch his run on tape and while i'm waiting, there is a Viper, Corvette, GMC Syclone, a tempo that was crushing corvettes, and so on.... everyone sat quietly just watching and not saying much. BUT as soon as Dom pulled up in his tC, a girl in the crowd was like "WOW whats that?" Then from behind her was a guy saying, "oh look a scion tC!!!" Then "yeah look!!" Everyone was so impressed with the car. Then when he hit the burn out pit, everyone was like "OH SNAP A TURBO!!!!" and i do mean everyone. It was like it was scripted for a commercial or something. Then after the race we had about 10-20 people constantly standing around the car looking it over for the rest of the night! It was great
Old 08-03-2007, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Just noticed the sig. What's your beef with me? Don't remember ever doing anything or saying anything to you.
Old 08-03-2007, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^Just noticed the sig. What's your beef with me? Don't remember ever doing anything or saying anything to you.
Who are you talking about?
Old 08-03-2007, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by tCizzler

You. Unless it's just a coincidence.

A Queen's just a pawn with a bunch of fancy moves- Travis
Old 08-03-2007, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You. Unless it's just a coincidence.

A Queen's just a pawn with a bunch of fancy moves- Travis
Oh is your name Travis?? It just a coincidence... It's from a Gym class Heroes song
Old 08-03-2007, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Oh...LOL. Yeah, real name is Travis.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

dam bro, chill with the guilty conscience
Old 08-03-2007, 05:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

dam bro, chill with the guilty conscience

Yeah, it's not uncommon to see someone talking crap to me (even if I've never said anything to them), so I was over here wondering what I did to this guy....

There are only a couple of people I despise, but mostly got love for everyone. Including you Simply...
Old 08-03-2007, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nope no hatin here. You made the vid about brake boosting right?? I actualy enjoyed that because it was new to me
Old 08-03-2007, 08:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Nope no hatin here. You made the vid about brake boosting right?? I actualy enjoyed that because it was new to me

Yeah that was me. Believe it or not, haters hate on that vid too, and try to poke fun at it. Glad to see it's serving its purpose. When I first started racing and learned about it, and started using it, I got quite a few inquiries about what it is, and how to do it. Thus the creation of the vid.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, that's what I was saying. To make it equal, the S/C'er needs additional mods. Stage 0 is rated at 230whp (untouched). Dyno's have been between 220-230whp. Simplyscion makes it seem that the S/C'er untouched is equal to a Stage 0 untouched. There is enough data on both setups now, that shows that it takes a good set of mods in addition to the S/C'er to bring it up to par with the Stage 0.
Oh, didn't understand what you were getting at... you are correct my good sir.

Quick Reply: projected whp and 1/4 mile time?