Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

PTUNING: 3" Exhaust Option2 Rear Section (Install Pic, Kit Content Pic & Sound Clip)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 08:58 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

Just updated the original post with the long awaited sound clip.

Regards,
Mike @ PTUNING
Old 06-19-2010, 09:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Will Ptuning do a price match on the V2 S back exhaust because Descendent has a 3 inch exhaust system for a cheaper price.....
Old 06-19-2010, 10:18 PM
Banned
5 Year Member
SL Member

it also looks like ____ compared to the ptuning s back.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

i agree, ptuning looks so much better imo.. vband flanges and clamps are pricey take note of that
Old 06-19-2010, 10:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rydrdg
Will Ptuning do a price match on the V2 S back exhaust because Descendent has a 3 inch exhaust system for a cheaper price.....

PTuning exhaust is Full V-banded with a Hot-Swapable Rear section (V1 for the track, V2 for the street). Descendent is standard bolt flange. V-banded cost more than bolt flanges. Your request would only make sense if they both were selling the same exact exhaust system where the price was different, not two totally different products.

Last edited by rhythmnsmoke; 06-19-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To be competitive in sales I know Ptuning will offer a price match
Old 06-20-2010, 10:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
PTuning exhaust is Full V-banded with a Hot-Swapable Rear section (V1 for the track, V2 for the street). Descendent is standard bolt flange. V-banded cost more than bolt flanges. Your request would only make sense if they both were selling the same exact exhaust system where the price was different, not two totally different products.
I think it wouldnt be much of a difference in horsepower if the design is different.....take a 3 inch V band exhaust kit and a 3 inch bolt on exhaust kit and put it on a dyno and tell me you see alot of difference.....if its barely noticeable why pay more....

Last edited by Rydrdg; 06-20-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

^^ then decendant is the right exhaust for you.. its all about preference, if you dont care about a vband exhaust why spend more on a more expensive all vband exhaust. It just doesnt make sense why ptuning would price match down to an exhaust that cost less to fabricate.. price is not based on hp it can make, its the cost to fabricate one
Old 06-20-2010, 02:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I think it wouldnt be much of a difference in horsepower if the design is different.....take a 3 inch V band exhaust kit and a 3 inch bolt on exhaust kit and put it on a dyno and tell me you see alot of difference.....if its barely noticeable why pay more....

Then go get the Descendent exhaust. Since When have you ever heard of Any company in the world price matching two completely different products? Perhaps you are not grasping what I'm saying to you so let me put it a different way.

Your definition of price matching is wrong and is like the following.

Go to BMW and ask them if they would Price match an M3 to Honda's Civic. (Why not, they are both "cars" afterall right. Both get you to where you are going so they should cost the same).

Or go to Walmart/grocery store and pick up a 2 liter of Coke and a 2 liter of the Generic brand "Cola" And ask Coke-a-Cola if they will price match their 2 liter to the price of the "Cola" brand (why not, they are both soft drinks right).

None of that makes sense does it. A BMW M3 for the price of a Honda Civic because they are both cars? That's what you are saying. If Price matching worked on different products that serve the same purpose, turbo kits would all be the same price, your dish soap would all be the same price....Everything would be the same price or you would try and get a better product for the price of a lower quality prouct. If price matching worked this way, we could all find the cheapest EBay turbo kit and ask PTuning, Dezod, Descendant and all other turbo offerings to all make it the price of an EBay knock off. Since they are all turbo kits right.

Price matching does not work this way. Price matching applies strictly to the same exact product. Same Exact Product. Not same functioning products. Now a company might drop price to make their product more appealing/competitive, but they will not make it the same price especially when they feel like they have a superior product.

Last edited by rhythmnsmoke; 06-20-2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Then go get the Descendent exhaust. Since When have you ever heard of Any company in the world price matching two completely different products? Perhaps you are not grasping what I'm saying to you so let me put it a different way.

Your definition of price matching is wrong and is like the following.

Go to BMW and ask them if they would Price match an M3 to Honda's Civic. (Why not, they are both "cars" afterall right. Both get you to where you are going so they should cost the same).

Or go to Walmart/grocery store and pick up a 2 liter of Coke and a 2 liter of the Generic brand "Cola" And ask Coke-a-Cola if they will price match their 2 liter to the price of the "Cola" brand (why not, they are both soft drinks right).

None of that makes sense does it. A BMW M3 for the price of a Honda Civic because they are both cars? That's what you are saying. If Price matching worked on different products that serve the same purpose, turbo kits would all be the same price, your dish soap would all be the same price....Everything would be the same price or you would try and get a better product for the price of a lower quality prouct. If price matching worked this way, we could all find the cheapest EBay turbo kit and ask PTuning, Dezod, Descendant and all other turbo offerings to all make it the price of an EBay knock off. Since they are all turbo kits right.

Price matching does not work this way. Price matching applies strictly to the same exact product. Same Exact Product. Not same functioning products. Now a company might drop price to make their product more appealing/competitive, but they will not make it the same price especially when they feel like they have a superior product.
Dang Bro you work for Ptuning, I hope you getting paid for it....Ptuning is good people sometimes they bring good deals to the table if you bring up another competitor
Old 06-20-2010, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Dang Bro you work for Ptuning, I hope you getting paid for it....
lulz
Old 06-20-2010, 07:30 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OMG...sorry Ptuning I those these shenanigans only when on in my threads!
Old 06-20-2010, 07:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol....im a manager at a retail store and i hear the funniest and most stupid things when customers want a price match. but a price match for 2 different exhausts? hmmm...
Old 06-20-2010, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Dang Bro you work for Ptuning, I hope you getting paid for it....Ptuning is good people sometimes they bring good deals to the table if you bring up another competitor
Just trying to explain to you what Price Matching was. That's why I used other companies/examples. What does my explanation have to do with PTuning? You have the wrong definition of what Price Matching is. This could have been a Joe's Crab Shack thread and I would have explained it the same way.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just trying to explain to you what Price Matching was. That's why I used other companies/examples. What does my explanation have to do with PTuning? You have the wrong definition of what Price Matching is. This could have been a Joe's Crab Shack thread and I would have explained it the same way.
Dont get to excited bro it was just a joke, Ptuning is still awesome they bring great products to the scion community...
Old 06-20-2010, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This is hands down the best looking exhaust for the tC. I can't find anything I don't like about it.

And Rydrdg, I knew you were kidding
Old 06-20-2010, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Dont get to excited bro it was just a joke, Ptuning is still awesome they bring great products to the scion community...

It's the internet. I understood getting excited as being words typed in caps. Takes a little more to get me excited these days...

Real talk....I was scratching my head though saying to myself...."He can't really be that stupid". LOL....glad to know you were just joking.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

But the funny thing is, there is always some truth behind a joke. We would all love to see a cheaper price for anything.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey Hey Hey guys there is nothing wrong by asking about price matching. Some company price match to beat out the competition. You know to win the customer over their competitors. This is why some people ask about price matching. By the way nice video.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

As everyone has already stated, price match should be for the same identical exhaust system. We don't know much about the new released Descendent exhaust (except from the picture on SL), but below are key features of the PTUNING 3" Exhaust System w/ Option2 Rear Section. You can use this list to compare to the list provided by Descendent on their exhaust. Hopefully, it will help with your decision.

PTUNING 3" Exhaust System w/ Option2 Rear Section:
*V-Band Connection and clamps (we didn't do this for the bling factor, we did this to eliminate exhaust leak. We worked on and tuned so many FI Scion tC, and the believe it or not but the primary problem is exhaust leak). NO gaskets EVER to deal with.

*Two custom designed mufflers. One on the midpipe and one on the new Option2 rear section. These are not off the shelve type Magnaflow mufflers. We had them custom made to our specific specification (sizes).

*All pipes and mufflers and high polished T304SS.

*100% made in the USA. This may not mean alot 10 years ago, but now with so many inferior & cheap knock off material and components from oversea, we are proud to say that the entire exhaust system (material and assembling process) were done here in the U.S.

Rydrg: You are more than welcome to email me mike@ptuning.com to discuss about pricing.

Regards,
Mike @ PTUNING

Quick Reply: PTUNING: 3" Exhaust Option2 Rear Section (Install Pic, Kit Content Pic & Sound Clip)