Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

PTUNING: Competition 3" T304SS Exhaust (now-PREORDER)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 05:05 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey ptuning have you guys decided on a price point yet? or have some idea of a price range?
Old 11-19-2007, 11:58 PM

Default Prototype Exhaust Pictures

We'll be announcing the price and availability tomorrow. Below are pictures of the PROTOTYPE system. Keep in mind the production unit will include the following features:

S-back 3" exhaust system features
--------------------------------------------------
- Full 3" T304SS mandrel-bent tubing
- T304SS exhaust hangers
- T304SS lightweight V-Band connections (instead of 2-bolt flanges)
Eliminates exhaust gaskets and thereby any potential gasket leaks
- Fully polished exhaust system with mirror-polished exhaust tip
- Centralized-muffler design for better weight distribution and stealthy appearance
- T304SS Adapter for connecting to factory or other aftermarket s-pipe
- T304SS easily-accessible rear O2 bung for dyno tuning (Installed on exhaust rear section)
Eliminates faulty lean-AFR readings when trying to dyno a vehicle with a 3" exhaust using a tailpipe sniffer (To be used by your dyno tuner)
- All components are carefully designed with maximum ground clearance in mind
- We've added an extra horizontal hanger & mounting bracket for the rear exhaust section to eliminate excessive exhaust tip movement during hard cornerning (we discovered this problem during our timeattack sessions - burnt rear valance). Most aftermarket tC exhaust systems only utilize one rear exhaust hanger making it difficult to control the side to side movement of the rear section during cornering.

Turbo-back 3" exhaust system features
--------------------------------------------------
- Includes all features in the S-back exhaust system
- Full 3" T304SS 2-piece s-pipe
- T304SS dual O2 bungs (Installed on S-pipe)
First O2 bung for factory secondary O2 sensor
Second O2 bung for use with aftermarket wideband O2 sensor

- Exhaust Systems will be made in the USA

MrC

Old 11-20-2007, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ah ha! I knew ken was getting some goodies!!
Old 11-20-2007, 12:55 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks great and awesome features! hope the price is right... like bob barker
Old 11-20-2007, 12:59 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Nice ride Ken!!!
Old 11-20-2007, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I have a full exhaust from the header back, but the shop I took it to didn't do too good of a job, and I'm not too happy with the sound.

I wouldn't mind a similar setup, but 2.5" for the supercharger setup. I also would like something that sounds good, because right now, I don't like to accelerate hard because of the way my car currently sounds. Rattles like crazy, worse when it rains, and I have a pretty big cut on the heat shield because the hi-flow cat keeps rubbing it. They also didn't put the exaust hangers back on to connect to the Megan header.

One of the fixes the shop charged me for was heat wrap around the tail pipe so it deadens the sound of the rear section hitting the heat shield.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:17 AM
Banned
SL Member

Bolts right up to the greddy kit? Also any possibility of getting the downpipe and s-pipe seperately?
Old 11-20-2007, 03:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

drum roll for price......

also, will you be providing o2 bung bolts? i wouldnt need a second bung since my wideband is on the downpipe. and do you provide a donut gasket for the downpipe to s-pipe? probably not but it doesnt hurt to ask. I know that my stock donut gasket does not fit my downpipe and i had to custom order one, still doesnt fit right.
Old 11-20-2007, 04:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

saw the Ptuning car randomly on redline tv today, good stuff
Old 11-20-2007, 02:49 PM
fox
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey guys, looks great! Just leave that one on the car! I'll be in to pick it up tomorrow!
Old 11-20-2007, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by recliner15
Bolts right up to the greddy kit? Also any possibility of getting the downpipe and s-pipe seperately?
We tested the turbo-back system on a greddy kit so the fit is perfect. As long as the aftermarket turbo kit you're using positions the downpipe outlet-flange in the exact position as the stock header's outlet-flange, there will should not be any fitment issues. We will include a donut gasket sleeve-adaptor to allow the use of a larger 2.5" ID donut gasket instead of the factory 2.3" Id gasket.

We will be selling the 3" s-pipe separately but it was designed to integrate into our 3" exhaust system. Of course if you are already have a custom 3" exhaust, you can easily cut the rear flange and weld on whatever flange you will need to connect to your custom 3" exhaust.

MrC

Old 11-20-2007, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by deathbyc4
drum roll for price......

also, will you be providing o2 bung bolts? i wouldnt need a second bung since my wideband is on the downpipe. and do you provide a donut gasket for the downpipe to s-pipe? probably not but it doesnt hurt to ask. I know that my stock donut gasket does not fit my downpipe and i had to custom order one, still doesnt fit right.
The secondary o2 bung will include a plug-bolt. the downpipe donut gasket was the biggest issue we had to deal with in designing the s-pipe inlet flange. If every turbokit uses the factory donut gasket it would be straight forward, but unfortunately some uses the factory 2.3" ID donut gasket, while others use a 2.5" ID donut gasket. What we decided to do for our s-pipe was to utilize a 2.5" Id donut but we will also include a donut gasket sleeve-adaptor that would allow the smaller oem 2.3" Id downpipe flange to utilize the larger 2.5" ID donut with our s-pipe. We will more than likely sell the 2.5" donut gasket separately or provide the customer with the part# so that they can order it at their local autoparts store. Unfortunately, including the donut gasket into the s-pipe kit will just raise the price.

MrC

Old 11-20-2007, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ptuningcom
We tested the turbo-back system on a greddy kit so the fit is perfect.
MrC
So the turbo back kit will eliminate the greddy downpipe on greddy kits?
Old 11-20-2007, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by etsnet
Originally Posted by Ptuningcom
We tested the turbo-back system on a greddy kit so the fit is perfect.
MrC
So the turbo back kit will eliminate the greddy downpipe on greddy kits?
No it will not. The only way we can eliminate the dowpipe section is by designint our own turbo kit that has a 3" dp and can integrate into our 3" s-pipe. There are too many turbo kits out there for us to create one s-pipe that can connect to the turbine housing outlet in all those kits.

Click here for pricing on our exhaust system

MrC

Old 11-21-2007, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea finding a suitable donut gasket is...well like finding a donut amongst a dozen cops. Post up some pics of the exhaust with the v-band adaptors since the ones you posted were the mock-up. No rush, just would like a better idea of what ill be ordering in a month or three.