Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

PTUNING: Haltech Standalone ECU (Screen Shots pg. 5).....

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what do u mean by drive by wire control ? more on that please ? and how would u compare this to the aem ems ?
Old 07-22-2009, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This thing sounds amazing, I would love to have it just for the sheer fact that it does all these neat things. I don't need it at all... just want it
Old 07-22-2009, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was iffy bout the other new ems but this one actually grabs my attention. I have seen more and more of this companies work and I am impressed.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

One Stop Shop!
Old 07-22-2009, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think id trust them with my left nut now. I still want to hear more about this ,
Old 07-22-2009, 03:20 AM
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
One Stop Shop!
Exactly what PTuning is, well put sir.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Old 07-22-2009, 01:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you guys make me sell my aem box for this im going to be upset

The one thing i would be concered is.. tuner friendly? basically will my aem tuner be able to hop on this unti and control it?

Does the a/c fully work as an oem unit?

is this using the stock tb to control idle or an aftermartket idle valve?

Does this work with oem knock sensor?

does it come with ait temp sensor or use the stock maf for this function?

Does it have an input trigger to select diffrent maps on the fly..

Per say e85 to pump? Like usuing the nitrous control on the aem box?

Sorry for all the questions!
Old 07-22-2009, 01:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn...mike beat me to the questions.....also is it gonna be a learning ecu?.....like will it have a great af target map...reason for asking is because i go from high elevation to low elevation about once a month and hate tuning all the time.....i want an ecu that will smooth itself out over a few pulls
Old 07-22-2009, 02:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by JrTcs
Ptuning, another properly designed release again , you guys should start selling cars and be the next Saleen for scion :D
Thanks for the props. A turnkey car no, but how about turnkey 300, 400, or 500+WHP drivetrain set-ups. That may be a future possibility.

- Toan
Old 07-22-2009, 02:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by gingles
damn...mike beat me to the questions.....also is it gonna be a learning ecu?.....like will it have a great af target map...reason for asking is because i go from high elevation to low elevation about once a month and hate tuning all the time.....i want an ecu that will smooth itself out over a few pulls

He already noted it does have this feature colby!

It accually uses an external wideband with a target map to acheive this.. with on and off desired points..

but i wanna know the answers to my questions
Old 07-22-2009, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ElevationTC

The one thing i would be concered is.. tuner friendly? basically will my aem tuner be able to hop on this unti and control it?

Mike,

The A/C works like OEM. We have not found a need for an aftermarket idle control valve just yet. The car will idle up when cold or with A/C request or increased electrical load.

The ECU package will include an air temp sensor at no additional charge.

This unit takes map switching further. It allows you to create two entirely different maps for fuel and ignition not just a timing retard table for nitrous. These two maps can be switched on the fly with a configurable input switch. This feature was designed specifically for those looking for separate pump gas vs. race gas configurations.

Knock detection will be included with the next software update.

As far as the software goes, yes the software is super slick in functionality, but more importantly is the fact that it is easy to navigate and use. Input and Output functions can be selected from drop down menus that are written in standard English and not cryptic acronyms, etc. Your tuner can tune using regular load maps for fuel, ignition, and VVTi.

One very cool feature too is that you can use as much or as little of the mapping resolution as you'd like (max is 32x32). For instance, if you wanted to start with an 8x8 fuel map and then later expand it you can easily do so by inserting an extra row or column as you wish. No more cutting and pasting map data and interpolating load rows and columns. Lets say you wanted to increase the table resolution by adding 4250 rpms between 4000 and 4500 rpms or 11 psi between 10 and 12 psi. You can simply do so by simply adding the new load point. It will even interpolate between the new load points on the map grid for you!

- Toan
Old 07-22-2009, 02:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ptuning_tuner

Mike,

The A/C works like OEM. We have not found a need for an aftermarket idle control valve just yet. The car will idle up when cold or with A/C request or increased electrical load.

The ECU package will include an air temp sensor at no additional charge.

This unit takes map switching further. It allows you to create two entirely different maps for fuel and ignition not just a timing retard table for nitrous. These two maps can be switched on the fly with a configurable input switch. This feature was designed specifically for those looking for separate pump gas vs. race gas configurations.

Knock detection will be included with the next software update.

As far as the software goes, yes the software is super slick in functionality, but more importantly is the fact that it is easy to navigate and use. Input and Output functions can be selected from drop down menus that are written in standard English and not cryptic acronyms, etc. Your tuner can tune using regular load maps for fuel, ignition, and VVTi.

One very cool feature too is that you can use as much or as little of the mapping resolution as you'd like (max is 32x32). For instance, if you wanted to start with an 8x8 fuel map and then later expand it you can easily do so by inserting an extra row or column as you wish. No more cutting and pasting map data and interpolating load rows and columns. Lets say you wanted to increase the table resolution by adding 4250 rpms between 4000 and 4500 rpms or 11 psi between 10 and 12 psi. You can simply do so by simply adding the new load point. It will even interpolate between the new load points on the map grid for you!

- Toan

Great...

This may be what ive need all along! i love my aem box for the most part.. Idle sucks since im maxing the idle valve...

but since this is still using the oem tb to control idle! Thats pure sexx!

Btw my gf is ordering me that water meth kit for my bday! and the new motor is up and running great the main studs looked AWSOME!

Thanks to all you guys over at ptuning for the things you guys do for us as with out shops like yours none of this would be possible!

So a big thanks to you guys!

on a side note are you guys usuing the drive shaft shop axles.. if so how they holding up!
Old 07-22-2009, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad to hear to that you've got our main studs going our your new motor and that your tC is back on the road.

Knock on wood, but the Driveshaft Shop axles have held up just fine thus far. Hopefully, we'll be able to keep fourth gear this weekend with the transmission mods we've made.

- Toan
Old 07-22-2009, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad to hear to that you've got our main studs going our your new motor and that your tC is back on the road.

Knock on wood, but the Driveshaft Shop axles have held up just fine thus far. Hopefully, we'll be able to keep fourth gear this weekend with the transmission mods we've made.

- Toan
This tranny mods you speak of.. Can you release any info. Also have you had issues with 5th and vibrating out of gear?
Old 07-22-2009, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

- Toan
This tranny mods you speak of.. Can you release any info. Also have you had issues with 5th and vibrating out of gear?
We may release some info after the race this weekend.....just don't want to get ahead of ourselves. We want to make sure the mod works first. Our plan is to tear down the gearbox again after the race. As far as I know Ross (our driver) has never complained about the transmission popping out of 5th or any other gear for that matter.

- Toan
Old 07-22-2009, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

- Toan
We may release some info after the race this weekend.....just don't want to get ahead of ourselves. We want to make sure the mod works first. Our plan is to tear down the gearbox again after the race. As far as I know Ross (our driver) has never complained about the transmission popping out of 5th or any other gear for that matter.

- Toan

Huh.. rebuilt my trans.. new sleeve hub and spring kit.. and 5th still popping out..

And on the stock diff the gears were chipping!

Did you ever see this issue?

Ok thanks toan for all your help.. now that im built motor.. should i stay with 3 step colder plugs or drop back down to 2 step
Old 07-22-2009, 04:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

- Toan
We'll release more details once we've confirm that this will solve our transmission issues or at least extend the life of the gears with 500+whp on a road race car.

Also this ecu will allow us to explorer the full potential of our turbo setup, built motor, high lift cams, cylinder head work. We will try our best to release our intake manifold that's been in the works for some time. We will offer an optional conversion for the standalone ecu to convert the factory DBW throttle body to a larger drive by cable throttle body and pedal assembly. Here's the initial prototype manifold with our upgraded fuel rail.

We are still working out the manufacturing details as well as the TB placement.

MrC
Old 07-22-2009, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MrC_Ptuning

- Toan
We'll release more details once we've confirm that this will solve our transmission issues or at least extend the life of the gears with 500+whp on a road race car.

Also this ecu will allow us to explorer the full potential of our turbo setup, built motor, high lift cams, cylinder head work. We will try our best to release our intake manifold that's been in the works for some time. We will offer an optional conversion for the standalone ecu to convert the factory DBW throttle body to a larger drive by cable throttle body and pedal assembly. Here's the initial prototype manifold with our upgraded fuel rail.

We are still working out the manufacturing details as well as the TB placement.

MrC

Old 07-22-2009, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Watching.

Quick Reply: PTUNING: Haltech Standalone ECU (Screen Shots pg. 5).....