Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

PTUNING: Manley Pro Series Turbo Tuff I-Beam Connecting Rods

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Guru
I use these rods all the time on BIG power 4 cylinders and VQ's. Awesome rods and can take anything you can dish out. Come with ARP2000 hardware too. Basically top of the line. I need a set myself for a project I am working on.
hmmm what project guru
Old 10-17-2007, 06:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I use these rods all the time on BIG power 4 cylinders and VQ's. Awesome rods and can take anything you can dish out. Come with ARP2000 hardware too. Basically top of the line. I need a set myself for a project I am working on.
hmmm what project guru? You are always up to something interesting.

Back to the topic though. These look great, how much would install be if you know at the moment. And I do live in the area when I am home for break and summer etc. Is there a way I could come get a tour of the facility? Do you guys do this? The place looks great and this stuff fascinates me.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by vettereddie
Anything available for the 1NZ-FE? Didn't see anything listed on the site in the way of internals.
There's forged piston available for the 1NZ-FE, i don't know about the rods though. The factory rods are forged but the rod beams are pretty thin. If anything, I would have some arp rods bolts made for the factory rods (least inexpensive route). If there's a demand for chromoly steel rods, they can also be designed, but again it's all based on demand.

MrC

Old 10-17-2007, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Resu

Back to the topic though. These look great, how much would install be if you know at the moment. And I do live in the area when I am home for break and summer etc. Is there a way I could come get a tour of the facility? Do you guys do this? The place looks great and this stuff fascinates me.
We'll have some engine packages put together in the next month or two after we finish our development and testing. I couldn't quote you on installing just the rods since we've never install just rods. If you do it right, you want to have the rods, pistons and crank (the whole rotating assembly) balanced. Of course this gets into pretty much taking the engine apart and rebuilding it. Of course, the bottom of the cylinders will have to be clearance for the rod beam--this should be done on a milling machine, better yet a CNC engine machining center and not with a dremel tool.

And yes, we'd be happy to give you a tour of the facility when you're in the area.

MrC

Old 10-17-2007, 07:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ptuningcom
Originally Posted by Resu

We'll have some engine packages put together in the next month or two after we finish our development and testing. I couldn't quote you on installing just the rods since we've never install just rods. If you do it right, you want to have the rods, pistons and crank (the whole rotating assembly) balanced. Of course this gets into pretty much taking the engine apart and rebuilding it. Of course, the bottom of the cylinders will have to be clearance for the rod beam--this should be done on a milling machine, better yet a CNC engine machining center and not with a dremel tool.

And yes, we'd be happy to give you a tour of the facility when you're in the area.

MrC
Awesome, thank you.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I was quoted 700$ for the manly H beams. They the H beams also come with the arp hardware? I am VERY VERY Interested in some manly rods.. They seem to be just what i'm looking for

On a side note, does arp offer the hardware by itself?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Turbo Tuff rods are their top of the line rods. They blow the Carillo A Beams away and are more comparable to Carillo's top of the line rods which I doubt they make for the Tc. My project? A stroker big bore 2AZ for mildmodtc. I have the block sleeved already and the pistons all set. Just waiting on the crank to be done so I can start puting everything together. No hurry since my machine shop guy got in a motorcycle accident and am waiting for his full recovery before he starts with the balancing. I am also waiting on Competition Clutch to release a twin plate clutch as I will need one with the torque I'll be making. I expect 500 ft lbs+ at the wheel or so hopefully on 93 octane. We'll see.
Clay, yes ARP offers hardware by itself although all decent rods come with either ARP or A1 fasteners which are both excllent hardware.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks so much Dan! i will most likely be picking a set of these up pretty soon!
Old 11-09-2007, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

will these fit the xA motor?????lol anyone have a dye grinder i can borrow? or a hacksaw?
Old 11-09-2007, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Turbo Tuff rods are their top of the line rods. They blow the Carillo A Beams away and are more comparable to Carillo's top of the line rods which I doubt they make for the Tc. My project? A stroker big bore 2AZ for mildmodtc. I have the block sleeved already and the pistons all set. Just waiting on the crank to be done so I can start puting everything together. No hurry since my machine shop guy got in a motorcycle accident and am waiting for his full recovery before he starts with the balancing. I am also waiting on Competition Clutch to release a twin plate clutch as I will need one with the torque I'll be making. I expect 500 ft lbs+ at the wheel or so hopefully on 93 octane. We'll see.
Clay, yes ARP offers hardware by itself although all decent rods come with either ARP or A1 fasteners which are both excllent hardware.
good lord! ...I hope to see updates on the build when it starts. Hope your guy gets better man, that does suck!
Old 11-10-2007, 11:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks Resu. I hope so too as he has been invaluable over the 4 years we have been using him. I trust him 100% and they have always gotten things done fast in a pinch when I needed something. The new motor should be killer. 2.6 liter or so with some ridiculous torque. It's hard enough keeping the wheels straight now I can't even imagine. Should be good for 10's in the quarter easily. Not bad for a street car that is driven everyday. Of course the cost to do it is pretty crazy too so I would not recommend to anyone unless they have the budget.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks Resu. I hope so too as he has been invaluable over the 4 years we have been using him. I trust him 100% and they have always gotten things done fast in a pinch when I needed something. The new motor should be killer. 2.6 liter or so with some ridiculous torque. It's hard enough keeping the wheels straight now I can't even imagine. Should be good for 10's in the quarter easily. Not bad for a street car that is driven everyday. Of course the cost to do it is pretty crazy too so I would not recommend to anyone unless they have the budget.
yea ..budget ..budget...budget. It can easily become the name of the game. Looking forward to it!
Old 11-14-2007, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey... Mr.C, i pm'd you, haven't heard back yet. jw if my rods have shipped yet. i got a container on the way for my block, and i need to send my pistons, and rods with it to ERL =)

Clay
Old 11-14-2007, 06:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by krazylowgsx
hey... Mr.C, i pm'd you, haven't heard back yet. jw if my rods have shipped yet. i got a container on the way for my block, and i need to send my pistons, and rods with it to ERL =)

Clay
feel free to call them up, they have excellent customer service.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i called when i ordered them, but that guy is so dam busy everytime i call! lol. i guess thats a good thing tho. i'll just wait for the reply.. i'm not in a huge hurry... until the container shows up at my door LOL
Old 11-14-2007, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh yea if ur asking for Mike, he's the owner and is always running around so that is understandable
Old 11-14-2007, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by krazylowgsx
i called when i ordered them, but that guy is so dam busy everytime i call! lol. i guess thats a good thing tho. i'll just wait for the reply.. i'm not in a huge hurry... until the container shows up at my door LOL
Clay, check your PM

Old 11-15-2007, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

got you pm brotha.. thanks. i keep missing fedex =(