Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

PTUNING - The MOST POWERFUL bolt-on turbo system available for the tC.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that some sick power.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Btw slikk it was was rude of me to not say this first. but effing Badass numbers bro! congrats i bet she SCREAMS!
Old 05-11-2012, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

intersted to see this car on an unbiased dynojet and not a "correction factor" to make it "look" like a dynojet.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bluesciontc
intersted to see this car on an unbiased dynojet and not a "correction factor" to make it "look" like a dynojet.
lol
Old 05-11-2012, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by blown_xa
lol
what's to lol at? it's a legitimate statement. i'd like to see these too. the inflation %'s seem a little high to me.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by Syldrin
Btw slikk it was was rude of me to not say this first. but effing Badass numbers bro! congrats i bet she SCREAMS!
Thanks
Old 05-11-2012, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn that means my car is making like 600hp on a single disc clutch haha

put up tC trap speeds nobody cares about dyno numbers
Old 05-11-2012, 06:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Trap speeds do ultimatly tell you how fast the car is yes the quarter mile time is a good indication but if you have no traction then u won't be able to have the best time but dynos are a good mesurment on to what your car makes powers wise for bragging wise lol either way nice kit nice numbers I wanna c some vids of the car as well see what it does against some competition

Sidekick 4G
Old 05-12-2012, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

trd07tC damn that means my car is making like 600hp on a single disc clutch haha

put up tC trap speeds nobody cares about dyno numbers

If you want to use trap speeds, which is a great idea, you will see what we say makes perfect sense. Let's do some calculations here: http://www.race-cars.net/calculators/et_calculator.html

Your car weighs 2605 lbs with driver and traps at 128mph. According to the calculator , you should be making 426whp.

Our TA tC weighs 2800 lbs with me in it and traps at 135mph. According to this calculator, we should be making 537whp.

Our car made 557whp on our Dyno Dynamics dyno. The estimated 537whp given trap speed calculator is very close, since we ran slightly less boost during the drag strip runs.

You said your car made " 500whp " on a dynojet dyno, which is about 17%
more optimistic than what physics calls for using the trap speed calculator. If we were using your 17% higher dyno numbers, our 537whp (Dyno Dynamics) TA tC would be making about 630whp on your dyno.

I hope everybody is following the simple math here.

Dyno Jets use a abitrarily formulated calibration based on (get this) ... A 1985 Yamaha 1200cc V Max. A Dyno Jet is an inertia type dyno, and is inaccurate because different tire mass can effect power results ( for example) .
Inexpensive " Inertia" type dynes commonly provide insufficient loading, and complete their "test" ( inertia acceleration formula based off a 1985 motorcycle) in less time than the real world 1/4 mile takes causing inherent power value errors due to unrealistic internal engine temperatures.

A brake type/ load type dyno accurately represents horsepower figures because it applies load through a controlled ramp rate. Dynapack , Mustang, and Dyno Dynamics dynos are all load baring dynos and represent real numbers. Odviously a Dynapack reads right off the hub, so it is as expected a higher number. However, as you may have noticed from Dynapack printouts ; the figures are represented as flywheel power. A correction factor is implemented
already as a default to represent flywheel power.

bluesciontc intersted to see this car on an unbiased dynojet and not a "correction factor" to make it "look" like a dynojet.

Steve, it is suprising to me that you in particular commented on the legitimacy of our dynos numbers compared to an average Dyno Jet. You yourself have experienced first hand the real world representation of our dynos numbers. When you claimed 424whp, Ross had no problem passing you on the strait at a NJ time attack years ago, and that was with 330whp (about 13psi). In fact, he passed you in a manor which made it look like you were going in reverse. At the same event I was posting times within about half sec of yours and I was on street tires with 130whp, as apposed to you being on R comps with a claimed 424whp.

Last edited by blown_xa; 05-12-2012 at 02:04 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

just wondering how this is possible. i see your facts and i can see where you are coming from blownxa i however cannot understand how 1.75psi gains you 40whp? that is CRAZY. http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...oke/Dyno-1.jpg is travis' 12psi dyno on the same turbo the only difference is he uses your RS manifold.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats alot explaining you did up there in which trap speed. And everything i agree with except the optimistic crap you wrote. We have a 830 whp 350z on our "optomistic" dyno and it weighs in at 3550 and ohhh it ran 9.5 in the 1/4 at 141mph all tuning and dynoing on our "industry standard" dynojet inhouse dyno. We also held a dyno day here in ny and a big hp car from another shop showed up, was braging 470whp we straapped him on and he made 418whp, his car was tuned and dynoed on a dynodynamics dyno just like yours and was about 52 hp off so tell me again how the dyno i tuned my car on 567 whp TA tC is optomistic. Ohhh also nassa will only except dyno charts from a dynojet for a fwd/rwd car, only other ones they except for awd cars is mustang and dynapak. So lets see this thing on a real dynojet
Old 05-12-2012, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just read what you wrote at the bottom loled a little bit. I pointed ross by on the back straight btw, as for you being able to be within the smae times as me means nothing to me nor am i affraid to say i was timid on track to push the car very far as at the time it was my daily driver with full interior minus back seats and with glass roof still in place. Anything you would like to bring up from 2 years ago??? When the car was completely different then it is now.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ugh online calculators now. punch me in the face.

How about this one
Last year I tuned the car on a dynojet and made 500/498 @ 24 PSI of boost
My ID1000s were between 92-95% duty.

This year the car was tuned on a dyno dynamics. I made 494/480 @ 24 PSI of boost.
My ID1000s were at the same duty cycles.

Same fuel system - same pressure.

Same turbo.

There is not this huge variation in dynos that you are trying to portray.

Dyno the car on your dyno and post the graph - nobody is impressed by your estimated numbers.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Syldrin
just wondering how this is possible. i see your facts and i can see where you are coming from blownxa i however cannot understand how 1.75psi gains you 40whp? that is CRAZY. http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...oke/Dyno-1.jpg is travis' 12psi dyno on the same turbo the only difference is he uses your RS manifold.
Dont know what block Travis uses, but the 07+ blocks tend to yield higher HP numbers. Since slikk has an 08 Im assuming this could be a factor. Kinda like my numbers compared to Travis' a lil more whp on less psi.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

They do and Travis runs an 06 block but it's not yielding 40more Hp to the wheels. That is like 60 more crank hp that is just crazy talk. I just am curious how 1.75 psi makes such a gigantic difference.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-13-2012, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

10WHP per 1 psi max 20 whp from the psi difference. the 05-06 motors had 9.5:1 compression and the 07+ has 9.8:1 reason why they yield higher numbers by a few.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by trd07tc
ugh online calculators now. punch me in the face.

How about this one
Last year I tuned the car on a dynojet and made 500/498 @ 24 PSI of boost
My ID1000s were between 92-95% duty.

This year the car was tuned on a dyno dynamics. I made 494/480 @ 24 PSI of boost.
My ID1000s were at the same duty cycles.

Same fuel system - same pressure.

Same turbo.

There is not this huge variation in dynos that you are trying to portray.

Dyno the car on your dyno and post the graph - nobody is impressed by your estimated numbers.
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2012, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bluesciontc
10WHP per 1 psi max 20 whp from the psi difference. the 05-06 motors had 9.5:1 compression and the 07+ has 9.8:1 reason why they yield higher numbers by a few.

Taking what you said of 10 HP per 1 psi. You compare that to my numbers at 10 psi, and the fact he has a bigger turbo those numbers are not that far fetched. Again everyone is comparing Travis' numbers to slikks numbers when in reality thats all we can do is just compare. Trying to do math to prove your own point with someone elses car (im including myself) really isnt gonna be 100% accurate since we all know everyones car will yield different numbers on the same exact setup no matter how small the difference.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by MDTC713
Taking what you said of 10 HP per 1 psi. You compare that to my numbers at 10 psi, and the fact he has a bigger turbo those numbers are not that far fetched. Again everyone is comparing Travis' numbers to slikks numbers when in reality thats all we can do is just compare. Trying to do math to prove your own point with someone elses car (im including myself) really isnt gonna be 100% accurate since we all know everyones car will yield different numbers on the same exact setup no matter how small the difference.
bro they run the EXACT same turbo my dude.

we aren't trying to take away from ptuning by any means. something just doesn't add up.
Old 05-13-2012, 06:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MDTC713

my point is not that he is makeing 360 that i can believe and deal with, but my point is getting at the huge hp increase in the different correction factors to make it look like a dynojet. there is no way he is making over 400whp with a 30R on 13 psi on a stock motor. 360 at 13 pounds yes sir your 330 on 10 pounds deff thats the exact numbers the cars should make with said turbo.

on 13 psi with my 35R i make exactly 400WHP, the thing is here is that the numbers in what I provided in the past few weeks seems to have been under attack since I posted them and trying to be discredited where credit should be due.

Quick Reply: PTUNING - The MOST POWERFUL bolt-on turbo system available for the tC.