Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

PTUNING - The MOST POWERFUL bolt-on turbo system available for the tC.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 07:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bluesciontc
my point is not that he is makeing 360 that i can believe and deal with, but my point is getting at the huge hp increase in the different correction factors to make it look like a dynojet. there is no way he is making over 400whp with a 30R on 13 psi on a stock motor. 360 at 13 pounds yes sir your 330 on 10 pounds deff thats the exact numbers the cars should make with said turbo.
Ahh I got you. I thought everyone was trying to argue the original numbers as well.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Syldrin
just wondering how this is possible. i see your facts and i can see where you are coming from blownxa i however cannot understand how 1.75psi gains you 40whp? that is CRAZY. http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...oke/Dyno-1.jpg is travis' 12psi dyno on the same turbo the only difference is he uses your RS manifold.
I don't run 12psi, don't have a 08+ motor, and don't have a fuel return setup. My setup is not Slikk's. We run the same turbo, but I run the V-banded SS housing. My motor was pulled from an Automatic trans tC sitting in the junk yard. Aside from that, not done on the same day as Slikk's dyno either (months/seasons apart).
Old 05-13-2012, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
I don't run 12psi, don't have a 08+ motor, and don't have a fuel return setup. My setup is not Slikk's. We run the same turbo, but I run the V-banded SS housing. My motor was pulled from an Automatic trans tC sitting in the junk yard.
coulda sworn in our conversations you said you run 12psi. my mistake then.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

coulda sworn in our conversations you said you run 12psi. my mistake then.

Slikk's dyno run is something like 13.75psi. I run 11-11.5psi. 14psi stock block coming after that.

Got a BC internals worked Head on the bench awaiting further development on the bottom end.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Someone could have just messaged me instead of everyone trying to compare my car to Slikks, and there will be little room for assumption. I just got back from Formula D, but I had internet still....

Not so sure why the hoopla over dyno numbers....Be fast were it counts. We do ok in the fast department, no one is going to pay him to take it to the dynojet, so just relax.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

We are actually glad to see that people actually questioned the dynojet and dynopack numbers. In years past when we posted our base turbo kit number of 280-300whp, immediately other vendors would post their dyno number claiming ridiculous number of 350-370whp. At that time no one seems to question these high HP claim. Everyone is quick to assume that the other kits made more HP. Our main reason for posting the emulated dynojet and dynopack numbers is to show people that when it comes to dyno number, you have to compare apples to apples. Not apples to watermelons (inflated numbers) lol. Otherwise, simply take it to the track and really see what bolt-on kit makes more HP.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I have never seen a vendor claim 350whp on a kit. the common advertising power is 280-300whp on 8psi from vendors like dezod and turbonetics. i think ZPI claimed that much back when they were in business and so did Turbo Toyotas.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Then why post the emulated numbers or as you say "watermelon" numbers.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by PTUNING
We are actually glad to see that people actually questioned the dynojet and dynopack numbers. In years past when we posted our base turbo kit number of 280-300whp, immediately other vendors would post their dyno number claiming ridiculous number of 350-370whp. At that time no one seems to question these high HP claim. Everyone is quick to assume that the other kits made more HP. Our main reason for posting the emulated dynojet and dynopack numbers is to show people that when it comes to dyno number, you have to compare apples to apples. Not apples to watermelons (inflated numbers) lol. Otherwise, simply take it to the track and really see what bolt-on kit makes more HP.
i completely missed the 350whp. you wouldn't be talking about these expert products here would you?

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/...1/SCAN0125.jpg
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/...1/SCAN0124.jpg
Old 05-15-2012, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

i completely missed the 350whp. you wouldn't be talking about these expert products here would you?

http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/...1/SCAN0125.jpg
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/...1/SCAN0124.jpg
I can't bring myself to ever want to get numbers from a Dynapack (at least not the way that one is setup). I think it's common knowledge now that Church's Dynapack reads rather high. Crazy to think though that there is someone who is going to go around talking about making 350whp at just 9lbs of boost on pump gas. We are smart enough here to know better, but they are out there though.

From what I get out of when PTuning puts the simulator numbers in, is so that when you go to compare what a PTuning kit makes, you can compare it to somewhat similar scales as the competitions setup. Some use a Dynapack and some use a Dynojet. PTuning is just trying to show an apples to apples comparison (much closer comparison anyway) to Kits A or B when they show their numbers on different dynos. They will post a higher number, and then the end user thinks..."hey these guys make X amount of HP at the same boost, so I will buy theirs", not taking into consideration the way the PTuning dyno reads (lower). PTuning is trying to showcase that, or point that out here.

At least that's what I get from it, when they put up the % number increases for other dyno's. The competition rarely, if ever, use any Dyno Dynamics to advertise their numbers.

People shouldn't take offense to it honestly..
Old 05-15-2012, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I can't bring myself to ever want to get numbers from a Dynapack (at least not the way that one is setup). I think it's common knowledge now that Church's Dynapack reads rather high. Crazy to think though that there is someone who is going to go around talking about making 350whp at just 9lbs of boost on pump gas. We are smart enough here to know better, but they are out there though.

From what I get out of when PTuning puts the simulator numbers in, is so that when you go to compare what a PTuning kit makes, you can compare it to somewhat similar scales as the competitions setup. Some use a Dynapack and some use a Dynojet. PTuning is just trying to show an apples to apples comparison (much closer comparison anyway) to Kits A or B when they show their numbers on different dynos. They will post a higher number, and then the end user thinks..."hey these guys make X amount of HP at the same boost, so I will buy theirs", not taking into consideration the way the PTuning dyno reads (lower). PTuning is trying to showcase that, or point that out here.

At least that's what I get from it, when they put up the % number increases for other dyno's. The competition rarely, if ever, use any Dyno Dynamics to advertise their numbers.

People shouldn't take offense to it honestly..
the thing is i've dyno'd my car on multiple dyno's dynojet dyno dynamics and one that i can't remember for the life of me what it was and i never experienced such drastic number variations. i dyno'd my car w/ i/h/e and i got 159 on a dynojet and like 156 on a dyno dynamics when i was boosted it was 301 on a dynojet and 295ish iirc on the dyno dynamics and 293 on the 3rd one.

i can bring myself to go to churches considering he is probably one of the best tuners on the west coast i am not going there for his dyno numbers i am going there for the reliability of his tune.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats exactly what I am getting at the % difference between the 2 are not as drastic as it is being portrayed . So then its not apples to apples its apples to nothing. car made 360 on 13PSI awesome congrats
Old 05-15-2012, 03:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

the thing is i've dyno'd my car on multiple dyno's dynojet dyno dynamics and one that i can't remember for the life of me what it was and i never experienced such drastic number variations. i dyno'd my car w/ i/h/e and i got 159 on a dynojet and like 156 on a dyno dynamics when i was boosted it was 301 on a dynojet and 295ish iirc on the dyno dynamics and 293 on the 3rd one.

i can bring myself to go to churches considering he is probably one of the best tuners on the west coast i am not going there for his dyno numbers i am going there for the reliability of his tune.
It can though vary that much. I think of the case where the tC2 was laying down 198whp on Dynopack and similar numbers on the DynoJet, but on Ptuning it was like 160whp.

Oh and no doubt, I wasn't saying Church's dyno numbers were a reflection of their tuning. Heard they were awesome. It was more or less just the end user who try and brag about numbers they get off of their dyno. Definitely sure there tune is dead on, so much respect to their tuning abilities.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Thats exactly what I am getting at the % difference between the 2 are not as drastic as it is being portrayed . So then its not apples to apples its apples to nothing. car made 360 on 13PSI awesome congrats

PTuning dyno of a 2011 tC Bone Stock w/ Manual Transmission = 159 WHP @ 153.7 TQ

On Churches Dynapack a 2011 put down 198whp. DSport mag dynoed one on a Dynojet at 180.11whp.

PTuning + 15% = DSports dyno numbers.

PTuning + 25% = Dynapack numbers that were posted

Only facts here..

idk...you tell me what your math % gap is if my math is incorrect.

Name:  64920_453453059536_93095899536_5452300_5432324_n.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  45.6 KB
Old 05-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

PTuning dyno of a 2011 tC Bone Stock w/ Manual Transmission = 159 WHP @ 153.7 TQ

On Churches Dynapack a 2011 put down 198whp. DSport mag dynoed one on a Dynojet at 180.11whp.

PTuning + 15% = DSports dyno numbers.

PTuning + 25% = Dynapack numbers that were posted

Only facts here..

idk...you tell me what your math % gap is if my math is incorrect.

Thanks Travis. I don't think we can possibly paint a clearer picture than the proof you have provided here. Some people just don't get it. I guess the most basic fundamentals of mathematics still elude some of them.

- Toan
Old 05-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Former Sponsor
SL Member

I'm sorry to say, but you of all people should not be questioning the dyno number differences that we've posted. Your ridiculously slow 420+whp "Time Attack" tC got passed by Ross in the 300+ whp tC like you were standing still. You should definitely be one to understand the differences in horsepower readings. And for the record, with our racing roll cage, we were only marginally lighter than your car. Let's not forget too that you were passed on the straight, not through a corner. So don't play the I was too timid to drive story. You sure looked pretty confident when you showed up to the event.

Bottom line, your claimed dyno numbers clearly indicate the differences in dyno readings. If you can't understand this, then I think I see a time attack grudge match in the works real soon.

- Toan
Old 05-15-2012, 06:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by PTUNING
If you can't understand this, then I think I see a time attack grudge match in the works real soon.

- Toan

<-----Ready to sign drivers roll call.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Definitely down to see that race
Old 05-15-2012, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

it would be nice to let a few boosted tC out on a road course to see how they perform. i would be in for sure.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm down for a grudge match. Not to prove anything just to have fun. lol

Quick Reply: PTUNING - The MOST POWERFUL bolt-on turbo system available for the tC.