Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...
View Poll Results: PTUNING: Race Turbo Kit or Street Turbo Kit?
RACE TURBO KIT?
9.02%
STREET TURBO KIT?
90.98%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

PTUNING: Race Turbo Kit or Street Turbo Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by mattieg
rythmnsmoke... thinking about changing out your ZPI turbo for this? lmao

I changed out my ZPI turbo like 5 months ago... And about to change it again, not soon, but eventually change again.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
SL Member

Haha your crazy. How is your Z running... and I want some more car videos from you.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by mattieg
Haha your crazy. How is your Z running... and I want some more car videos from you.

Doing good man....doing good. I just changed the tranny fluid for some Redline MT-90 and MTL. We are about to take a trip down to FL, and it was in dyer need of a fluid change.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
SL Member

Sounds good man, hope you have fun in florida... I dont want this thread to get too far off topic. So how is the progress with this, and how is their race car doing?
Old 10-10-2008, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when u comin down to FL rythmn?????
Old 10-10-2008, 01:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^pm sent
Old 10-11-2008, 04:16 AM

around when will this kit be complete and able to be bought?
Old 10-11-2008, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by chicotunner07
i still dont know what the "blow-through maf setup" means and what it does?
"blow-through maf setup" basically means that the MAF is placed on the charge pipe... not the air intake leading to the turbo. So, the MAF is where your boost is. The nice thing about PTunings MAF placement is that it is after the BOV, which takes care of the stall problem people are having coming out of boost, between shifts, etc.

What I would rather see, and this is just my opinion, is for ptuning to develop a way to get rid of the MAF all together and just use a MAP (pressure) sensor. MAF's are not that accurate when reading pressurized air.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

^^ ptuning did some calibration to make the maf read right on a blow thru maf setup.. but yeah maf delete will be awesome
Old 10-11-2008, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

There already are MAF deletes, its called a Standalone.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
There already are MAF deletes, its called a Standalone.
lol werd... but piggyback wise... I guess the F/IC does have a built in map and the ability to clamp the maf voltage... I would like to see what the new tuner that dezod will be testing soon can do...

Originally Posted by Ace83
^^ ptuning did some calibration to make the maf read right on a blow thru maf setup.. but yeah maf delete will be awesome
really, must have missed that information... good post!
Old 10-11-2008, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I want to say the Ultimate has the ability to clamp as well. In either case.....FIC FTL!
Old 10-11-2008, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I want to say the Ultimate has the ability to clamp as well. In either case.....FIC FTL!
i have yet to have a problem with my f/ic. having owned both the greddy, and aem piggybacks. i would have to say that im happier with the f/ic. there aren't any additional sensors or harnesses that i've needed to buy, and i have yet to loose one coilpack or intake manifold from it.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
i have yet to have a problem with my f/ic. having owned both the greddy, and aem piggybacks. i would have to say that im happier with the f/ic. there aren't any additional sensors or harnesses that i've needed to buy, and i have yet to loose one coilpack or intake manifold from it.
Speaking on terms of ratio. Say you are the one person to not have a problem. That would be like 1 out of every 5 people that do have a problem. Now compare that to the ratio of Emanage owners that have a problem with the Emanage. I'm pretty sure that's lower than the FIC. You had a problem with your IM and contributed it to the blue box. How many IM's have blown and the Emanage was the contributing factory? That would make you 1 out of every 40 people to have a problem with the Emanage. I only know of yours that had a problem with the IM and coil pack. However I can't remember how you came to the conclusion the Emanage caused it. You owned the Blue box, not the Ultimate right? The Ultimate > FIC > Blue Box. But that doesn't mean that I would trade my blue box in for the FIC. I would just skip it and go straight to the Ultimate, or a full standalone.

Simply my opinion.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^i get what you are saying. not trying to say which one is better. just offering up my experience on which one worked better for me. i know there are plenty of people other than myself that have had success with the f/ic. as far as the problems that the f/ic is having. most of them seem to be tunning related. i know that you think that the f/ic is "FTL". however, if you ever rode in my car, you would see that theres nothing ftl about it.

...and as for the intake issue with the e-manage. i had a thread where i asked if anyone else had the same backfires when they turned the key to the on position before starting the car. the only other people that knew what i was talking about all had the e-manage. since switching, i have not had the pre-ignition spark anymore. i cant say 100% that it was the e-manage, but im pretty sure.

one other thing that was better upon switching was this. whenever i was cruising around, and had my foot on the gas petal only enough to maintain my current speed, the throttle would cut out completely and i would have to push down on the petal to have it kick back in again.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Wow, those are some very weird issues. That might have been contributed to tuning though, and not just simply product short comings.

Reason why I have deemed it FTL was because of the need to "jerry-rig" it for some people to get it to work for the tC. Something about an electrode or something (can't remember entirely), and Joe Dezod supposedly had come up with a fix, but some people tried the fix to no avail. Oh well, I just have to pass on it. Also going by the advice of certain race teams and what they have said.

PS...He was running the FIC

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=239577

I'm teasing...that's my boy Vinny's car. So sad, that's a fallen soldier.

Anyhow, back on topic.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
SL Member

Bump for the kit
Old 10-14-2008, 04:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Oh yea, off topic...I got the camera mount MrC, thanks for sending it back to me. I've had it, it just slipped my mind.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Bump to see how things are going.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:35 PM

Bump to see how things are going.
We're waiting for a test car to arrive at the shop to prototype the I/C piping and intercooler for the street kit. We're also working on the details of what to offer in the kit as standard as well as the production cost factor. In order for us to produce the kit with all the bells and whistle that we would like to see included in it, we need to produce it in quantity--that's the ony way we can offer the kit at a competitive price. Once we work out all the numbers, we will more than likely offer a pre-order pricing. This will help us gauge the number of kits to produce in the first batch. Ideally we would like to have the kits on the shelf and in stock, that way when you order it, it will ship out the same day.

We will provide more information in the coming weeks.

MrC

Quick Reply: PTUNING: Race Turbo Kit or Street Turbo Kit?