Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

PTUNING Spec-SS Competition Return-Style Fuel System (pics and pricing)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 06:43 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

SL Member

very nice, i'm getting this next month probably.. the black version )
Old 10-22-2009, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looks real good...can't wait to get it ;)
Old 10-23-2009, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Looks great Mr.C....more great products from a great company!!
Old 12-01-2009, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

i wonder when the RS/RSII system will be available?
Old 02-08-2010, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just an FYI. We did not model our fuel rail exactly like the factory rail in terms of the height of the injector boss dimension for many reasons. Our rails are meant for use in a return-style fuel setup. And yes, you can use our rails for an NA, although you're gaining nothing in terms of performance except for a nice billet rail in the engine bay.

In addition, we do not include an aftermarket spacer for the fuel rail since our rail uses the the factory plastic phenonolic spacer--why change something that works so well.

One of the design we incorporated into our rail was increasing the height of the 4 injector boss to raise the bottom of the fuel rail. This serves two purpose. One, it allows us or the customer to use a 180 or 90 degree forged 6AN or 8 AN fitting to the ORB Fitting at the end of the rail for the return line to the FPR without having to grind away at the aluminum tab on the topside of the cylinder head. The second is that raising the rail also allows the use of any of the aftermarket injectors without the bottom of the rail touching the injector clips. This allows for easy removal and installation of the injector clip and proper clearance to fully tighten the rail down. Many of the aftermarket injector clips are much larger than the factory clip and also putting the factory clip on the factory style injectors is extremely difficult due to the depth/thickness of the aftermarket fuel rails. See below for an illustration of the difference in height of the injector boss. And yes, we actually test out of system for fitment and performance before releasing it. You do not need to grind away the aluminum tab on your factory cylinder head to use our fuel rail in a return style setup.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Very good to know! I noticed that my golden eagle was very close to the head. and injector clips were tuff to get in there!

This would fix both those issues! I guess its the little things that go unnoticed!
Old 02-08-2010, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Imma need a fuel system soon.... prolly yours

prob gonna switch over to E85.... what Ive researched seems promising and with a station 5 mins away.... why not? LOL
Old 02-08-2010, 11:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I read somewhere about one of the competition mentioning being the only brand to include spacers with their fuel rail. I immediately thought to myself..."what's wrong with the factory spacers...lol". Answer...absolutely nothing, so why bother to try and brag about including spacers with your rail?

I'm eagerly waiting on the pricing of the RS spec fuel setup with swirl pot. I'm going to acquire the fuel setup, exhaust and Meth PnP in prep for the turbo system.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Will you ever offer just the fuel rail MrC? I like your fuel setup for sure, but I am thinking of using a different fuel pump or maybe even going twin pumps. I also want to build my own, lol don't ask why.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by t_urbo_C_harged
Will you ever offer just the fuel rail MrC? I like your fuel setup for sure, but I am thinking of using a different fuel pump or maybe even going twin pumps. I also want to build my own, lol don't ask why.
Ill let Mr.C answer those questions for you, but just for your information the spec RS system (soon to be released) is already set up for twin pump use.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know that, just wasn't too sure if I was going to be autox-ing or doing the time attacks anytime soon and didn't know if I would need the swirl pot, but that sure would be cool and comforting in a way haha.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Waiting for the competition setup. Quick question, using 750cc injectors and the racing setup, how much hp would that potentially make?
Old 02-09-2010, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: PTUNING Spec-SS Competition Return-Style Fuel System (pics and pricing)

Originally Posted by Soulquarian
Waiting for the competition setup. Quick question, using 750cc injectors and the racing setup, how much hp would that potentially make?
You don't make hp off injectors or a fuel system. They just help you have enough fuel for your setup if it's turbo/supercharger or n/a.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by m6ar2cel6oTC
You don't make hp off injectors or a fuel system. They just help you have enough fuel for your setup if it's turbo/supercharger or n/a.
I know that, but I read somewhere about not needing bigger injectors if you had a return system or something.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I know that, but I read somewhere about not needing bigger injectors if you had a return system or something.

No. Return system can work with any sized injectors. 99.9% of the people needing a Return system, already have larger injectors for their turbo/supercharger setups. But that's not becausecause of the return setup, that's because of the power goals from their F/I application.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

750cc injectors with our fuel return system and upgraded 255lph HP pump should be able to support 400-450whp at 85% duty cycle at 3 bar base pressure.

MrC
Old 02-09-2010, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
No. Return system can work with any sized injectors. 99.9% of the people needing a Return system, already have larger injectors for their turbo/supercharger setups. But that's not becausecause of the return setup, that's because of the power goals from their F/I application.
haha, I knew that to. I'll explain the situation. I'm shooting for a max hp of 750. I currently have 750cc injectors. I wanted to upgrade to 1000cc injectors, but I'm running an Emanage Ultimate until I decided on a standalone and I read that piggybacks have trouble with injectors of that size. I wanted to know if I could still make that same hp goal, or close to it with the competition setup.

Originally Posted by MrC_Ptuning
750cc injectors with our fuel return system and upgraded 255lph HP pump should be able to support 400-450whp at 85% duty cycle at 3 bar base pressure.

MrC
Looks like I'll be getting bigger injectors once I get a standalone then lol.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yea i think anyone over 600hp is running like 1000cc inj minimum with a massive feed and return fuel system and at minimum dual intank 255's
Old 02-09-2010, 04:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha, I knew that to. I'll explain the situation. I'm shooting for a max hp of 750. I currently have 750cc injectors. I wanted to upgrade to 1000cc injectors, but I'm running an Emanage Ultimate until I decided on a standalone and I read that piggybacks have trouble with injectors of that size. I wanted to know if I could still make that same hp goal, or close to it with the competition setup.

Looks like I'll be getting bigger injectors once I get a standalone then lol.
750whp? you're going to need like 1200-1400cc injectors and bump up the base pressure from 3 bar to 3.5 bar (54psi) and twin 255lph pumps or a large single Fuelab or aeromotive pump. In addition you'll probably want to run low impedance peak and hold injectors with a standalone like the haltech will be releasing that can drive both high impedance and low impedance injectors, otherwise you're going to have a tough time trying to idle 1200+cc saturated injectors.

But at 400whp, you need to start worrying about drivetrain, like the clutch, tranny and axle.

MrC
Old 02-09-2010, 04:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by MrC_Ptuning
750whp? you're going to need like 1200-1400cc injectors and bump up the base pressure from 3 bar to 3.5 bar (54psi) and twin 255lph pumps or a large single Fuelab or aeromotive pump. In addition you'll probably want to run low impedance peak and hold injectors with a standalone like the haltech will be releasing that can drive both high impedance and low impedance injectors, otherwise you're going to have a tough time trying to idle 1200+cc saturated injectors.

But at 400whp, you need to start worrying about drivetrain, like the clutch, tranny and axle.

MrC
Good stuff. My drivetrain's already ready. Twin Plate Clutch, OS Giken LSD, Built tranny, etc.

Quick Reply: PTUNING Spec-SS Competition Return-Style Fuel System (pics and pricing)