Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

PTUNING: TA tC 500+WHP dynorun (vid and dynosheet)

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Nashville, was best cause I got to ride in the car, they took a photo shoot there, my home track, and I'll be running on it this season...hehee.

Going to have to beat that!

J/K. Car should have been on the cover if you ask me.
How far north are you gonna run?

I would like to go as far as Summit, and hit VIR as well. I am a complete NOOB to either of them, so I do NOT expect to be hitting anything blazingly fast....lol. Maybe the straight lines..

You going to participate any?
Unfortunately, neither summit nor VIR is on the schedule for the RTA event this year. We were bum out about it, but Nashville is on the schedule, as well as NJ. And the other kicker is that street class will require a CAT. So we'll be testing out a metal core 3" hiflow cat on the mid section of the Ptuning exhaust for two of our local customers who will be competing in the TA this season. If there's a demand we will sell a complete bolt-in mid-section of the ptuning exhaust with a CAT for those already running the ptuning 3" exhaust that needs a CAT.

Here's the RTA schedule for this season:

http://www.redlinetimeattack.com/index-5.html

Our first event will be in June at the autobahn CC.

MrC

Old 01-31-2009, 03:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ptuningcom
Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Nashville, was best cause I got to ride in the car, they took a photo shoot there, my home track, and I'll be running on it this season...hehee.

Going to have to beat that!

J/K. Car should have been on the cover if you ask me.
How far north are you gonna run?

I would like to go as far as Summit, and hit VIR as well. I am a complete NOOB to either of them, so I do NOT expect to be hitting anything blazingly fast....lol. Maybe the straight lines..

You going to participate any?
Unfortunately, neither summit nor VIR is on the schedule for the RTA event this year. We were bum out about it, but Nashville is on the schedule, as well as NJ. And the other kicker is that street class will require a CAT. So we'll be testing out a metal core 3" hiflow cat on the mid section of the Ptuning exhaust for two of our local customers who will be competing in the TA this season. If there's a demand we will sell a complete bolt-in mid-section of the ptuning exhaust with a CAT for those already running the ptuning 3" exhaust that needs a CAT.

Here's the RTA schedule for this season:

http://www.redlinetimeattack.com/index-5.html

Our first event will be in June at the autobahn CC.

MrC

NOOOOOOOO!!!!

And I might be on that list to test out the CAT. Although I am Anti-Cat. I might just settle for running in Modified class. I won't be much of any competition, but at least I get to participate and make a showing...

Wonder if I can get away with running a fake cat...
Old 01-31-2009, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by raamaudio
Damn impressive numbers and being so flat and wide, makes for much easier lap times!!! (not that a 500WHP FWD is an easy beast to tame on a road coarse

I will be calling you guys again soon!

Rick
Rick, glad to hear from you. How's the TA tC project coming along? Well we've proven that our blow-thru maf setup, turbo manifold design, 3" exhaust, and built motors, cylinder head, cams, and competition fuel system can make serious power and all with only a GT30R, 93 octane gas + wmi, and still running a piggy back ultimate with increase redline and no speed cut.

MrC

Old 01-31-2009, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

are they requiring a full cat or a high flow cat should do.. How bout using a vband connection on the cat for easy swap from w/ cat to a catless pipe

watching that cat on ptuning exhaust.. im planning to modify my ptuning exhaust, not a cat though but a resonator and possible a flexpipe to join it with my new spipe..
Old 01-31-2009, 03:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Looking at the schedule, and my goal to do at least 3 events, I'm looking at:

- Autobahn Country Club in Illinois

- Nashville Super Speedway (definite since my home track)

- Carolina Motorsports Park in South Carolina

- Englishtown Raceway in NJ

So, I have to pick 2 of the others listed to go to. Any recommendations for a beginner MrC. Any thoughts on which tracks are more forgiving. And if I understood correctly, the Street class (depending on the event location) has a different section of the track it runs on?
Old 01-31-2009, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by raamaudio
Damn impressive numbers and being so flat and wide, makes for much easier lap times!!! (not that a 500WHP FWD is an easy beast to tame on a road coarse

I will be calling you guys again soon!

Rick
Rick, glad to hear from you. How's the TA tC project coming along? Well we've proven that our blow-thru maf setup, turbo manifold design, 3" exhaust, and built motors, cylinder head, cams, and competition fuel system can make serious power and all with only a GT30R, 93 octane gas + wmi, and still running a piggy back ultimate with increase redline and no speed cut.

MrC

You guys are the reason why I have an Ultimate now...
Old 01-31-2009, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
are they requiring a full cat or a high flow cat should do.. How bout using a vband connection on the cat for easy swap from w/ cat to a catless pipe

watching that cat on ptuning exhaust.. im planning to modify my ptuning exhaust, not a cat though but a resonator and possible a flexpipe to join it with my new spipe..

Now THAT is a good idea!
Old 01-31-2009, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Ace83

When we designed our Ptuning exhaust, we purposedly set the muffler as far back on the mid section as possible to accomodate future options for adding either a resonator or Cat to the mid section. We thought about breaking the mid section into a front and a back half, but that would have added additional cost to the system plus additional connections. As I mentioned in our original post on our exhaust system, we made it modular so that we can offer future options, e.g. mid section with extra resonator or cat, rear axle-back section with a different tip or even the dual center exit tips that we will be making for our Time Attack tC version 3 for this season.

When you buy a ptuning competition product, you know you're getting the best and know that we've made it modular and upgradeable for future options--we're always thinking ahead.

As far as modding your ptuning exhaust, don't do it. j/k. The RTA rules requires A CAT, does not have to be a factory cat.

MrC

Old 01-31-2009, 03:47 PM

So, I have to pick 2 of the others listed to go to. Any recommendations for a beginner MrC. Any thoughts on which tracks are more forgiving. And if I understood correctly, the Street class (depending on the event location) has a different section of the track it runs on?
VIR is the only track i'm aware off that uses a different course for the street vs unlimited and mod class. To be honest, Nashville is the only track we ran before that's on the schedule for this years. All the other tracks you listed are brand new to RTA.

MrC

Old 01-31-2009, 03:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

The whole CAT requirement really blows! Oh well, I have 6 months before my first TA event, so I will see what my options are with your exhaust. I'm sure you will steer me in the right path.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

VIR is the only track i'm aware off that uses a different course for the street vs unlimited and mod class. To be honest, Nashville is the only track we ran before that's on the schedule for this years. All the other tracks you listed are brand new to RTA.

MrC

Really? Wow. They need to add Road Atlanta at some point. That would be awesome if they did.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Also going back to the exhaust system options......will there be an optional Straight through section? If not, you guys just going to have to build me one... Like I said, I got 6 months to get all this going before the Nashville Event.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

When we designed our Ptuning exhaust, we purposedly set the muffler as far back on the mid section as possible to accomodate future options for adding either a resonator or Cat to the mid section. We thought about breaking the mid section into a front and a back half, but that would have added additional cost to the system plus additional connections. As I mentioned in our original post on our exhaust system, we made it modular so that we can offer future options, e.g. mid section with extra resonator or cat, rear axle-back section with a different tip or even the dual center exit tips that we will be making for our Time Attack tC version 3 for this season.

When you buy a ptuning competition product, you know you're getting the best and know that we've made it modular and upgradeable for future options--we're always thinking ahead.

As far as modding your ptuning exhaust, don't do it. j/k. The RTA rules requires A CAT, does not have to be a factory cat.

MrC
Looking on how your exhaust is designed, it does look very upgradable.. i pictured a lot of clean ways to put my resonator and still keep the smooth and sleek design.. I just need to quiet the exhaust a lil bit so kids will stop trying to race me on the street lol..
Old 01-31-2009, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^I'm the opposite. I want mine to rumble the ground and hear me from a block away.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:26 PM

That's the problem with building exhaust system. You build it to quiet, some customers complain it's to quiet, you build it loud and you get complaints it's too loud. You put on a subtle tip, people complain its not aggressive looking enough, you put on a big tip and you get complaint it's too ricey. So we designed the exhaust system with performance in mind first and foremost, and sound and aesthetics second.

It's not feasible to produce 5 different turbo exhaust in quantities. The bottom line is our dyno-proven exhaust performs as advertised. We'll offer future options as demand arises. First option is the 3" metal core cat primary to meet the RTA street class rules--gotta take care of the serious customer's first.

Travis, keep in mind, besides the cat, some of the tracks, especially tracks near residential zone has a noise restriction rule and you'll be penalized in lap time for exceeding a set db limit. But building a one-off mid section without any muffler, cat or resonator is a no brainer--the hard part is the bends and that' already perfect. Just let us know when you're ready.

MrC

Old 01-31-2009, 04:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

That's the problem with building exhaust system. You build it to quiet, some customers complain it's to quiet, you build it loud and you get complaints it's too loud. You put on a subtle tip, people complain its not aggressive looking enough, you put on a big tip and you get complaint it's too ricey. So we designed the exhaust system with performance in mind first and foremost, and sound and aesthetics second.

It's not feasible to produce 5 different turbo exhaust in quantities. The bottom line is our dyno-proven exhaust performs as advertised. We'll offer future options as demand arises. First option is the 3" metal core cat primary to meet the RTA street class rules--gotta take care of the serious customer's first.

Travis, keep in mind, besides the cat, some of the tracks, especially tracks near residential zone has a noise restriction rule and you'll be penalized in lap time for exceeding a set db limit. But building a one-off mid section without any muffler, cat or resonator is a no brainer--the hard part is the bends and that' already perfect. Just let us know when you're ready.

MrC

+1 on that for sure! I think that aesthetic/sound/performance, you guys definitely have the ultimate combo. And that's my problem....I HATE waiting till I'm ready...lol.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can't believe they don't have the millville motorsports track on there. i thought i saw on its web site that the time attack was going to be there like last year
Old 01-31-2009, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by mikescion
i can't believe they don't have the millville motorsports track on there. i thought i saw on its web site that the time attack was going to be there like last year
We know it sucks. The last thing we want is to leave our racecar at the track overnight in englishtown. It's guarantee to be stripped overnight.

It's not redline's fault completely, NJMP decides to bail out the last minute:

http://www.timeattackforums.com/foru...glishtown.html

Old 01-31-2009, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes, this is really unfortunate, but certainly not RTA's fault. Apparently, the owner or manager at NJMP went back on his word and gave RTA's scheduled track day to a Porsche club or what not. The guys at RTA are currently looking for an alternative east coast track. We'll have to wait and see what pans out. But I have to agree though, NJMP is definitely a very nice track.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

We know it sucks. The last thing we want is to leave our racecar at the track overnight in englishtown. It's guarantee to be stripped overnight.

It's not redline's fault completely, NJMP decides to bail out the last minute:

http://www.timeattackforums.com/foru...glishtown.html

I reckon NJ is out of the question for me...lol.

Quick Reply: PTUNING: TA tC 500+WHP dynorun (vid and dynosheet)