Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

PTUNING: TA tC 500+WHP dynorun (vid and dynosheet)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 02:14 AM
5 Year Member

Default Re: PTUNING: TA tC 500+WHP dynorun (vid and dynosheet)

Originally Posted by Ptuning_tuner

PTUNING Dyno Dynamics Dyno: 504.8WHP, 471.3TQ
Est. Dynojet WHP: 565WHP/528TQ
Est. Dynapak WHP: 580WHP/542TQ
those are good numbers!

but why do you guys estimate Dynojet and the dynapak numbers?

should i estimate my dyno numbers when i tune on a mustang dyno?
Old 02-01-2009, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by genesdx
Originally Posted by Ptuning_tuner

PTUNING Dyno Dynamics Dyno: 504.8WHP, 471.3TQ
Est. Dynojet WHP: 565WHP/528TQ
Est. Dynapak WHP: 580WHP/542TQ
those are good numbers!

but why do you guys estimate Dynojet and the dynapak numbers?

should i estimate my dyno numbers when i tune on a mustang dyno?

I figured it was just for the purpose of illustration. And it's not so much of a made up estimation, when your dyno has a certain % it commonly reads below other well known dyno systems.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:39 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
I figured it was just for the purpose of illustration. And it's not so much of a made up estimation, when your dyno has a certain % it commonly reads below other well known dyno systems.

okay!!!!!! well, people tend to use that excuse because they didnt put down the horsepower they wanted so they tack on an extra 15%-20% cause they didnt dyno their car on a dynojet or a dynapak. whatever makes you feel better!!!!!!!! ive done a comparo from a mustang dyno and a dynapak and the difference was only an average 1%-5% horsepower difference. Of course the dynapak displayed more power but that is because the dynapak is a hub mounted load break dyno that is closest to a 1 to 1 ratio. then again i use the dyno as a tuning tool...
Old 02-02-2009, 11:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

okay!!!!!! well, people tend to use that excuse because they didnt put down the horsepower they wanted so they tack on an extra 15%-20% cause they didnt dyno their car on a dynojet or a dynapak. whatever makes you feel better!!!!!!!! ive done a comparo from a mustang dyno and a dynapak and the difference was only an average 1%-5% horsepower difference. Of course the dynapak displayed more power but that is because the dynapak is a hub mounted load break dyno that is closest to a 1 to 1 ratio. then again i use the dyno as a tuning tool...

Who cares honestly. 500+whp on their dyno is going to read lower than a dynojet/dynopack. 500+whp on any of the dynos is a lot for a FWD car in either case.

I don't think PTuning needs an education on how to dyno cars. So, what's your point in your post?

You sound as if you think your better than PTuning or something....
Old 02-02-2009, 01:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Looking at the schedule, and my goal to do at least 3 events, I'm looking at:

- Autobahn Country Club in Illinois

- Nashville Super Speedway (definite since my home track)

- Carolina Motorsports Park in South Carolina

- Englishtown Raceway in NJ

So, I have to pick 2 of the others listed to go to. Any recommendations for a beginner MrC. Any thoughts on which tracks are more forgiving. And if I understood correctly, the Street class (depending on the event location) has a different section of the track it runs on?
It's quite a drive to NJ . Some of the tracks have different sections for Street.

Also, they'll do a heat test on the cat to make sure it's actually working.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Looking at the schedule, and my goal to do at least 3 events, I'm looking at:

- Autobahn Country Club in Illinois

- Nashville Super Speedway (definite since my home track)

- Carolina Motorsports Park in South Carolina

- Englishtown Raceway in NJ

So, I have to pick 2 of the others listed to go to. Any recommendations for a beginner MrC. Any thoughts on which tracks are more forgiving. And if I understood correctly, the Street class (depending on the event location) has a different section of the track it runs on?
It's quite a drive to NJ . Some of the tracks have different sections for Street.

Also, they'll do a heat test on the cat to make sure it's actually working.

Yeah, I checked the distance after posting that. NJ is definitely OUT of the question, especially the rep is that you will get your car stolen.

Thanks for the heads up on the cat. Save me the hassle of showing up with no cat.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Just get a high flow. My friend only saw an 8AWHP difference with/without his cat on his Evo.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah, looks to be the decision I'm going to have to go with.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

If you think about, everyone is going to be running a cat of some sort. So you won't be at a disadvantage, everyone is gonna lose a couple HP.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Yeah true.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it is hard to compare dynos unless the calibration has not been altered, which unfortunately many shops do and don't tell their customers. With the dyno-dynamics dyno you are reading true whp numbers as long as the calibration is not scewed. A dyno-jet consistantly reads higher buy a range from 8% to 15%... so posting XXX.XXwhp on a dynojet would be a false number on our behalf , that is why they are estimated. Also Dyno Jet dynos are far more popular because of the cost, they are what most hp numbers you see are run on so it only makes sense to relate them( dyno-dynamics #'s) to a dyno-jet.
Boasting hp numbers is one thing, but putting that power to use racing is another. And also making that power realiable, making a few dyno pulls and 12-15 second quater mile passes is one thing, having your car floored or brakes pegged for 30 minutes is another.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it would be fantastic if ptuning began to mass produce this manifold so i can buy it
Old 02-02-2009, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

X2!
Old 02-02-2009, 10:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Crayola_G
it would be fantastic if ptuning began to mass produce this manifold so i can buy it
Im sure with a good interest they can work it out.. but with manifold design like no other kit, you still need the entire setup.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83
Im sure with a good interest they can work it out.. but with manifold design like no other kit, you still need the entire setup.

Not too much,

all i gota do is delete my intake, replace maf to TB, and change some of the hotside of inter cooler piping. dp and dumptube too......i guess its alot.......but my motor blew and its gona be down for a while might as well upgrade. all that remains untouched would be tb-coldside FMIC pipe. except for the tap for the MAF and watermeth id do....
Old 02-03-2009, 02:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ace83

Not too much,

all i gota do is delete my intake, replace maf to TB, and change some of the hotside of inter cooler piping. dp and dumptube too......i guess its alot.......but my motor blew and its gona be down for a while might as well upgrade. all that remains untouched would be tb-coldside FMIC pipe. except for the tap for the MAF and watermeth id do....

We have already been through this once. The way PTuning's manifold is designed, and kit is designed, just buying the manifold, you would basically either have to recreate the rest of the entire kit, or buy their kit and save yourself the hassle. This kit is like none other on the market. It's not modular in that sense where you can take bits and pieces from it and mash it with other parts to make it work.

Example: MAF sensor on their kit is a blow-thru setup type. The mounting area on the turbo for an intake is so far down that there is no way your going to get a MAF setup on that intake. You would have to design an intake to snake BACK up into the engine bay JUST so you can run an MAF on it. If you opt to go with just a blow-thru setup anyway....what's the point, you would basically be re-creating the PTuning kit, but with more hassle. All for the sake of owning that beautiful manifold. PTuning designed an immaculate kit that involves no guess work. Try taking only the manifold and setting everything else up yourself is going to be nothing more that GUESS work.

Again, not worth it in the least bit. Kit FTW! And the turbo options for it are a vast variety. Anything from Garret will pretty much work as long as it has a V-band option.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

id wana keep my 60-1, its standard 4bolt but that can easily change to vband.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

you can get a housing with a vband flanged exit or have a flange welded to mate up with the dp or you can get a 4 bolt to vband flange adapter.. welding a flange or the getting adapter will require you to alter the downpipe a bit though..
Old 02-03-2009, 03:35 AM
5 Year Member

Who cares honestly. 500+whp on their dyno is going to read lower than a dynojet/dynopack. 500+whp on any of the dynos is a lot for a FWD car in either case.

I don't think PTuning needs an education on how to dyno cars. So, what's your point in your post?

nah i never said i was better than them. they still layed down good numbers!! my point was... why estimate hp compared to other dynos? i saw a guy get ____ed cause he didnt lay down the numbers he wanted on a mustang dyno so he estimated his hp numbers as if he was on a dyno jet. i guess it made him feel better???? but why are you so defensive?
Old 02-03-2009, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

nah i never said i was better than them. they still layed down good numbers!! my point was... why estimate hp compared to other dynos? i saw a guy get ____ed cause he didnt lay down the numbers he wanted on a mustang dyno so he estimated his hp numbers as if he was on a dyno jet. i guess it made him feel better???? but why are you so defensive?

Not defensive, just didn't understand the point of your post. The estimation of whp on the other dynos were not a crucial talking point, as know one cares about that to a degree it needs to be questioned. Their dyno reads lower than the ones mentioned, so 500whp on their dyno is Baller to say the least.

Quick Reply: PTUNING: TA tC 500+WHP dynorun (vid and dynosheet)