Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Question on ZPI Stage 1 Engine package..

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Question on ZPI Stage 1 Engine package..

I am planning on Turboing sometime next summer. But i want to push more than 8 psi. So i was thinking about buying the ZPI Stage One Engine package. If i bought that could it be installed without the turbo and just run that for a year or so till i get the turbo and would it still run right or should I just do the Turbo and engine package at the same time. Any opinions are welcome and appreciated. I want to achieve 300whp or more. the turbo i am planning on getting is the ZPI Turbo kit

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-12-2021 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Awarded 10 Yr Badge
Old 01-09-2007, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

well the zpi stage 1 kit is still a "bolt" on so you wouldn't need a new engine to run it....they provide an awesome set up with all their kits, and people have rarely had any serious problems with the engine internals.....if you want to make your engine stronger, there are parts for that (ex pistons, etc), but there is no need to jack up the psi on the stage 1 kit, cause it should give you 300 whp, runnin on 9-10 psi.....i would do more research before just swappin engines, just my 2 cents
Old 01-09-2007, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by malibuboy54
well the zpi stage 1 kit is still a "bolt" on so you wouldn't need a new engine to run it....they provide an awesome set up with all their kits, and people have rarely had any serious problems with the engine internals.....if you want to make your engine stronger, there are parts for that (ex pistons, etc), but there is no need to jack up the psi on the stage 1 kit, cause it should give you 300 whp, runnin on 9-10 psi.....i would do more research before just swappin engines, just my 2 cents
Very well.....said!
Old 01-09-2007, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

To answer the original question you can run the built engine with out the kit. The car will be underpowered but will run without ill affects.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

So i wouldn't need much to run 300 whp just the turbo kit and upgraded pistons and rods to be safe.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by soon2bscion
So i wouldn't need much to run 300 whp just the turbo kit and upgraded pistons and rods to be safe.

If you get upgraded pistons and rods to be safe....you will be sorta shooting yourself in the foot to only run 300whp. With pistons and rods, I would push around 330-340whp. You would be good for 300whp with just a Stage 1 set to 9-10 PSI.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by soon2bscion

If you get upgraded pistons and rods to be safe....you will be sorta shooting yourself in the foot to only run 300whp. With pistons and rods, I would push around 330-340whp. You would be good for 300whp with just a Stage 1 set to 9-10 PSI.
and if you are going to go 340 you might as well get the stage 2 stuff and go 400...but then you might as well bump up the turbo and go....500.....wait.....
Old 01-10-2007, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm building my entire motor, along with the head before i install the turbo set up. If you do this, you'll have to have something to tune the car with such as an emanage or something simalar.

like Jester said... if your going to build the motor, you might as well up grade the turbo, and turn the boost up =)
Old 01-10-2007, 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would not buy a product from a vendor that can't even produce a proper paragraph. It's all about attention to detail and how your present yourself. When I see this I go the other way.

ZPIracing is always working hard to bring you the most innovative products on the market today. As more and more people become force inducted the itch to turn the boost up is there.

We have been working on some staged engine packages to compliment our product line. Note that these engine packages are standard kits that are in stock or can be readily assembled to minimize your down time. These blocks are professionally balanced and installed by guys that do nothing buy Scion engines. Do not risk your new car with the local machine shop. We live breath and die Scions!!

all engines are assembled using only the top notch quality that you have came to expect from ZPIracing. You now can have all that we have learned about a Scion tC engine from our racing program nestled in front of you ready to tear up the street or strip. This engine includes but not limited to:

ZPIracing race rod bearings
ZPIracing race main bearings
Scion OEM rear main seal
Scion OEM head gasket
ZPIracing ARP head studs
ZPIracing low compression pistons
ZPIracing street port and polish
Old 01-10-2007, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by malloynx
I would not buy a product from a vendor that can't even produce a proper paragraph. It's all about attention to detail and how your present yourself. When I see this I go the other way.

ZPIracing is always working hard to bring you the most innovative products on the market today. As more and more people become force inducted the itch to turn the boost up is there.

We have been working on some staged engine packages to compliment our product line. Note that these engine packages are standard kits that are in stock or can be readily assembled to minimize your down time. These blocks are professionally balanced and installed by guys that do nothing buy Scion engines. Do not risk your new car with the local machine shop. We live breath and die Scions!!

all engines are assembled using only the top notch quality that you have came to expect from ZPIracing. You now can have all that we have learned about a Scion tC engine from our racing program nestled in front of you ready to tear up the street or strip. This engine includes but not limited to:

ZPIracing race rod bearings
ZPIracing race main bearings
Scion OEM rear main seal
Scion OEM head gasket
ZPIracing ARP head studs
ZPIracing low compression pistons
ZPIracing street port and polish

Whats amusing about that statement is that, as with most companies, they have web designers. The owner and main folks for zpi do not manage their web page. But I guess its their fault that the web designer is unable to produce a proper paragraph. LOL
Old 01-10-2007, 01:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i'm not trying to stir the pot, but i call it as i see it. i know my typing is ____, howewer, if i'm running a business it all comes down to the customer and professionalism. if i see a site and it looks like it was done by a 14yr old you think i'm going to let them build a "race" motor. HELL NO. once again i don't know these people and i go on what i see.

sorry to go offtopic
Old 01-10-2007, 01:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

in the matter to stay on topic, just get the stage 1 kit. with full exhaust you will be in the 310 to 315 whp range. without an LSD this is more then enough hp. The LSD is expensive, and installation is just as expensive and most likely is not a DIY. So stay with the stage 1, keep it clean, and burn your tires.

As far as zpi, i do know them. i can say they treated me very very well when i drove up there. they came in to work over a weekend to give me a hand with my issues and tune and gave me a more, and i mean more then fair price. i couldnt of asked for better service. i was even in the bay looking over their shoulders (i know when i work i hate that but i hate people touching my car). they were very professional and very knowledgeable about the vehicle.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

well i'm not trying to stir the pot, but i call it as i see it. i know my typing is poop, howewer, if i'm running a business it all comes down to the customer and professionalism. if i see a site and it looks like it was done by a 14yr old you think i'm going to let them build a "race" motor. HELL NO. once again i don't know these people and i go on what i see.

sorry to go offtopic

What HELL does a webpage have to do with building a motor. What....NOW we expect people to be Webmasters and computer techs as much as they are a Race shop....Give me a break...

It really erks me when people talk out their butt holes about something they know nothing about, and talk like they know what their talking about. I sit here, and Beat on our car EVERY FREAKIN day! I've beaten rather formidable opponents...AND have everyone of them on Vid! And yet we get Noobs come on and still try to through DOUBT into the line up. As if the facts are false. As if I'm pushing damn near 300whp is false. As if the only company that has vids of them damn near doing 11 secs in the 1/4 mile....is NOT ZPI...Give me a break dude, and stop blowing smoke.

PS...That's like saying you wouldn't let Albert Enstien do your Physics homework, because he couldn't Speed Read...
Old 01-10-2007, 01:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

well i'm not trying to stir the pot, but i call it as i see it. i know my typing is poop, howewer, if i'm running a business it all comes down to the customer and professionalism. if i see a site and it looks like it was done by a 14yr old you think i'm going to let them build a "race" motor. HELL NO. once again i don't know these people and i go on what i see.

sorry to go offtopic

What HELL does a webpage have to do with building a motor. What....NOW we expect people to be Webmasters and computer techs as much as they are a Race shop....Give me a break...

It really erks me when people talk out their butt holes about something they know nothing about, and talk like they know what their talking about. I sit here, and Beat on our car EVERY FREAKIN day! I've beaten rather formidable opponents...AND have everyone of them on Vid! And yet we get Noobs come on and still try to through DOUBT into the line up. As if the facts are false. As if I'm pushing damn near 300whp is false. As if the only company that has vids of them damn near doing 11 secs in the 1/4 mile....is NOT ZPI...Give me a break dude, and stop blowing smoke.

PS...That's like saying you wouldn't let Albert Enstien do your Physics homework, because he couldn't Speed Read...
Old 01-10-2007, 02:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions

SL Member

sorry to go offtopic
are you kidding me........if it all comes down to the customer and professionalism....then what the hell does the website have to do with how they build motors? You might want to check yourself at the door.....I swear the ignorance on some of these posts is just amazing.......lets see Beethoven could not read music so there is know way I would not let him write a song for me......
Old 01-10-2007, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by THansenite

sorry to go offtopic

Thank you for the standing ovation.....:takes bow: and returns to seat...Keep the party going..
Old 01-10-2007, 02:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Jester28

sorry to go offtopic
are you kidding me........if it all comes down to the customer and professionalism....then what the hell does the website have to do with how they build motors? You might want to check yourself at the door.....I swear the ignorance on some of these posts is just amazing.......lets see Beethoven could not read music so there is know way I would not let him write a song for me......

Yeah, and I think I would laugh in Ray Charles Face if he showed up and ask me could he play the piano for my B-day......Probably would have just said "Get off my Porch you blind old fart!"...
Old 01-10-2007, 03:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol.. rhythmnsmoke is one of my fav people on here lol.. one of the very few who KIR on here like me lol preech on brother.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Can't knock em till you try em

Thats what I learned.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TCpete
lol.. rhythmnsmoke is one of my fav people on here lol.. one of the very few who KIR on here like me lol preech on brother.

hahaa...Amen brotha, Amen!

Quick Reply: Question on ZPI Stage 1 Engine package..