Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Reaching the end of my sanity...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya I haven't ruled that out yet...But the only thing that makes me hesitant to do that is when I throw back in the stock injectors and it runs like a dream....
Old 02-01-2007, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by malloynx
you should never use rtv or telfon on oil lines. NPT threads are self sealings. you don't want that crap in the oil system.

if i were you i would pull the turbo complete off and go back to stock for you. not being a jerk but i really don't think you really for forced induction at the moment..

also i think 550's are way too big for anything under 15psi. a 440cc injector is more than enough to handle the fuel for a stock block.

also why does everyone spring for the emange.. i personally hate them. the safc-2 does the same thing and is much simplier to use. all your doing is scaling the maf freq. anyway.
So do you think its safe and/or efficient to run a turbo using stock injectors running 7psi? I ask because I too was going to upgrade to 550cc injectors but don't want my car to run too rich. THanks for keeping us updated rodland on your trials and turbo tribulations. I'll pray for you, lol.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

your running the rc's corrrect? rc is a very good injector. with a returnless system it's a PITA to dial in FP. how much fuel are you pulling on the emanage?

is your car driveable on the sotck injectors? you can always have rc flow test them and rule out your 550's. i think they will do it for free.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if i were doing a fuel setup for 7psi i would run an AFPR, walbro FP and a return line. this call all be had for around the same price of 550's. this way i can control FP and later down the road i can add more injector if needed.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i believe he has the plug n play injectors. i have a kit a couple months older and i have the last of the rc's. unfortunately, i think a leaking injector might be my problem so im going to go get mines tested later.

good luck man, my car is still in my garage too. if you really need to drive the car, can't you just throw in the stock injectors, take out emanage and drive it without getting on it? at least you'll have transportation. this is the premise that the stage 0 works on anyway and people actually get on it. im sure it'll be fine if you stay outta boost.
Old 02-01-2007, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya I was thinking about that but Paul said no go....
Old 02-01-2007, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How long have you had the 550's running on the motor? You know if takes a few minutes for the ECU to adjust to the new injectors at idle. When I first put in my 440 injectors the motor it would run really rich but not as much to going down to 10. After about 10 mins or so then the idle was back to normal 14.7-15.2. Maybe give it some more time for the ECU to adapt to the bigger injectors?
Old 02-01-2007, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is no way the car is going to run 10 A/F warmed up at idle. No way it will do this without giving you a CEL... When the ECU has to correct the injector-duty cycle more than 20% while in closed loop you will get a CEL code.

While in closed-loop the ECU will throttle down the injector duty-cycle to bring it down to 14.7 A/F. If you think the ECU is messing up the emanage map then reset the ECU and do the open-loop 3 trick. Now adjust the emanage injector correction factor so you can idle at 14.7 A/F

Plug the factory 02 back on and reset the ecu.

Start the car and see what it does.

Maybe the oil that you dumped through the down-pipe messed up the Primary O2, maybe it screwed up the O2 sensor on the wide-band as well.

Do you have the ability of adjusting your e-manage map?
Old 02-01-2007, 10:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i agree with eric, once short term fuel trims go extreme the ecu is going to set a DTC. if you upstream lambda sensor is shot your car will run like crap. the days of narrow band o2's are done.

while in closed loop the ecu is going to maintain stoich at all times. something is very wrong if your running excessivly rich.

keep this up and the catalyst in the cat (platilium and pallidium) are going to get toasted. OEM TWC are extremely expensive..
Old 02-02-2007, 12:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 02-02-2007, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ERIC-TC
There is no way the car is going to run 10 A/F warmed up at idle. No way it will do this without giving you a CEL... When the ECU has to correct the injector-duty cycle more than 20% while in closed loop you will get a CEL code.

While in closed-loop the ECU will throttle down the injector duty-cycle to bring it down to 14.7 A/F. If you think the ECU is messing up the emanage map then reset the ECU and do the open-loop 3 trick. Now adjust the emanage injector correction factor so you can idle at 14.7 A/F

Maybe the oil that you dumped through the down-pipe messed up the Primary O2, maybe it screwed up the O2 sensor on the wide-band as well.

Ok, that makes sense. But, when I put in my stock injectors the car runs perfect and runs a 14.7-15.0. And when I rev it, it richens accordingly...

And I know the emanage works because when I put in the stock injectors with the emanage, it tries to overcorrect and I run like a 17.0...although I only did this for a second....next I'll throw in the 550cc injectors and emanage or not it will run a 10.0. This leads me to believe that one of the injectors might be leaking....or not seated properly. But as for right now I pulled the kit off my car. The oil in the turbo is my main problem....it won't stop leaking from the discharge side of my turbo. Return line is clear, and tapped correctly into the pan, and I am 100 percent sure. The feed line I am confident in too, although it doesn't matter because my car is just idling so there is hardly and oil pressure at all...and I can't drive the car with the oil leak like this...
Old 02-02-2007, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^I don't think anyone has had as much bad luck as you have had so far.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rodlandscion
Originally Posted by ERIC-TC

Ok, that makes sense. But, when I put in my stock injectors the car runs perfect and runs a 14.7-15.0. And when I rev it, it richens accordingly...

And I know the emanage works because when I put in the stock injectors with the emanage, it tries to overcorrect and I run like a 17.0...although I only did this for a second....next I'll throw in the 550cc injectors and emanage or not it will run a 10.0. This leads me to believe that one of the injectors might be leaking....or not seated properly. But as for right now I pulled the kit off my car. The oil in the turbo is my main problem....it won't stop leaking from the discharge side of my turbo. Return line is clear, and tapped correctly into the pan, and I am 100 percent sure. The feed line I am confident in too, although it doesn't matter because my car is just idling so there is hardly and oil pressure at all...and I can't drive the car with the oil leak like this...
I may have missed it but what is your oil pressure at idle? As for the injectors its not the first time I've seen a RC injector be stuck open..
Old 02-02-2007, 03:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

RC injectors are not plug-n-play for the tC. The plug-n-play 550cc injectors are re-worked Denzo injectors from deathworks.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^I don't kow what it is. I might buy an oil pressure gauge to check what it is. Also, from my crossthreaded o2 sensor, my header has stripped threads so now I couldn't put my car back to stock even if I wanted to. I'm running out of money to fix all of these problems...
Old 02-02-2007, 03:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The tC does not need the 02 sensor to run. It's really mostly to lower emissions.

You can always re-install the stock header and stick a spark-plug in the 02 sensor hole. As long as you are not running an e-emanage correction map the car will run fine.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How does the tc judge afr without an o2 though...
Old 02-02-2007, 05:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im sure it runs off the MAF and throttle position.

on a side note:
I may have missed it but what is your oil pressure at idle? As for the injectors its not the first time I've seen a RC injector be stuck open..
sounds like what is wrong with my injector...
Old 02-02-2007, 06:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

When you put in the 550's and emanage did you reset the ECU??
Old 02-02-2007, 12:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TAKE THE CAR TO SOMEONE WHO KNOWS A LITTLE BIT MORE. Not being a dick head but if ur failing school then take the car to someone else and catch a ride to school for the mean time.

Quick Reply: Reaching the end of my sanity...