Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Rear PCV Fail

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 10:33 PM

Default Rear PCV Fail

The rear PCV on our good old 2AZ-FE has to be connected to vacuum in order for there not to be any pressure in the crank case. I installed a catch cans on two supercharged TCs and they blew out the seals a very short time after (not fun). The front PCV is not as picky from what I have tested.

Since the 2AZ-FE is not meant for forced induction, there should probably be a check valve before the brake booster and the rear PCV valve. A problem I encountered was that there is a large volume of air that is going through the hose so you might need a bigger check valve than a 1/4 inch which is the size of the hose back there. You may have to do a combination of adapters and a 3/8 inch check valve so there is no restriction in flow.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by polskifacet
the 2AZ-FE is not meant for forced induction
uhhhh...pretty sure Toyota wouldn't manufacture and market a supercharger that retains the factory warranty if they thought the 2AZ-FE wasn't meant for forced induction.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BLUEhonor
uhhhh...pretty sure Toyota wouldn't manufacture and market a supercharger that retains the factory warranty if they thought the 2AZ-FE wasn't meant for forced induction.
uhhhh... you don't know toyota very well or the supercharger fiasco. They are in it to make money and people do make mistakes. The trd supercharger was an addition after the car was first made, most any other car with oem forced induction comes with forged internals ours don't many other things that make this engine not meant for forced induction in that sense, ie. cam shafts low rev limiter etc.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

From what I have seen is folks have been putting a breather valve on the rear veltation valve and capping the inout to the intake manifold and then running a catch can on the from vent which has no valve and enters into the intake pre compression. Is this what you were doing?