Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Rhythmnsmoke vs 20G SRT-4

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 05:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Rhythmnsmoke vs 20G SRT-4

There is good news and bad news.....

Bad news first....My woman is going to KILL ME! Yeah, so while everyone else had radar detectors in their cars, I (idiot me), didn't have mine. SO, State Trooper got me doing 90 in a 75mph zone. Could be worse, could have gotten me when we were racing....

Now on to the race:

SRT-4 specs:

-Hahn's Race craft 20G upgrade kit.
-20G turbine
-internal Wastegate set at 14 PSI
-larger fmic
Said his A/F ratio was in the mid 11's.
No specs on it's power, but you can check out Hahn's Race Craft's website for details: http://www.turbosystem.com/ProjectVe...SRT-4Turbo.htm

We were negotiating the terms of the race. We were to do a 40mph kick. I asked him what gear is he in at 40mph, he said 2nd. I told him that I can't do a 2nd gear 40mph kick, otherwise I would be breaking traction all over the place (stock Scion tires). I told him, I would be in 3rd gear. He said he couldn't do 3rd gear (I did not ask him why not). So, I asked him if he was going to brake boost, and he said he could or we could just roll into it. I told him, how about you stay in 2nd, and I will brake boost it in 3rd during the 40 roll. Then we were to have a 2nd race at 60mph both in 3rd gear and no brake boosting. Then asked what were we shutting down at, and we agreed on 120mph.

So, we roll out, and when I start brake boosting in 3rd, I could hear the SRT's turbo spooling, so he was brake boosting in 2nd gear, while I was in 3rd. He honked 3 times, we take off, and he gets to about half a car to a car on me from the start. But that changed when we started coming up on 100mph mark. The tC's top end was > than the SRT-4's (either that or my driving was better), cause as soon as we came up on a 100mph, I started reeling him in. Coming up on 110, I'm even, approaching 120mph (shut down), and I have a half a fender to a fender on the SRT-4. Pretty close race, good race, but the tC puts a new kill under it's belt.

PS.....2nd race never happened due to the trooper sitting under the bridge in the dark...

---oh yeah, I'm running 0.7 Bar by the way. When it's holding, it's around 0.68 Bar, and then near redline, I'm running the full 0.7 Bar of boost.

Sorry, no video this time around. Didn't bring the camera, cause I was not expecting to race anyone. As most of you know, I still have blown turbo seals, and not tuned.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wow.

so what he cite you for? just speeding?
Old 05-31-2008, 06:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^Yeah, speeding. He asked me if there was something I was particularly in a hurry for. I said, no sir, I was trying to change lanes, and the guy next to me would not let me over, so I sped up to get over.....

Just a small stretch of the truth, wouldn't you say?
Old 05-31-2008, 06:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha thats awesome. racing ticket would of have been some scary shi*t
you should def. contest it if there were no cars within the area and he cited u for basic speed law

and can u explain to me what brake-boosting is?
Old 05-31-2008, 06:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You are a dumbass. You beat a 425WHP SRT-4??? The website said the 20G is a 11.8 sec car at 425WHP. You are such a f*cking liar.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by hookedonlucy
you should def. contest it if there were no cars within the area and he cited u for basic speed law

I made this for the people that were new to turbo's and racing....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nH_5n_4Euyg

PS....lot of people poke fun at me a little for making that, but I did it for a reason obviously...
Old 05-31-2008, 06:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by 20tCDude05
You are a dumbass. You beat a 425WHP SRT-4??? The website said the 20G is a 11.8 sec car at 425WHP. You are such a f*cking liar.

Your joking right? I hope you are joking. SRT-4 on the website is more than likely running more than 14 PSI.....

Reading > You! The SRT-4 tonight IS ON 14 PSI OF BOOST! Don't know what HP that puts the SRT-4 at, but it's not 425whp. The site is telling you what they were able to obtain on the setup, but it does not say at WHAT PSI 425whp is reached.... Use your brain for a minute...umm K.

PS....didn't mean to be harsh, but you sorta called me a dumbass when you are the one that misread what I wrote. NO way shape or form was I implying that this SRT had 425whp...
Old 05-31-2008, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

I made this for the people that were new to turbo's and racing....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nH_5n_4Euyg

PS....lot of people poke fun at me a little for making that, but I did it for a reason obviously...

thanks! i was suspecting that but i just wanted to make sure!
Old 05-31-2008, 06:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^any time man.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just so f*cking tired of you posting about your "kills" sounding like a tough guy with the fastest car in the world. NOBODY GIVES A ****!
Old 05-31-2008, 06:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

u guys should race.

meet at Kansas or Missouri :]
Old 05-31-2008, 06:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

LOL, I will race him with my new BMW 135i with the Dinan program.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

u guys should race.

meet at Kansas or Missouri :]
for pinks on that note.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

haha wow that guys getting mad, maybe he SHOULDNT read your Post if he doesnt want to read about "your kills"

no one asked him to click the link, read everything, and form an opinion hmmm
makes perfect sense to me, nice race man
Old 05-31-2008, 06:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I beat a Bugatti Veyron with major exhaust leaks, blown seals, oil leak, and untuned at 5 psi. Sorry, no video, but I did...
Old 05-31-2008, 06:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First off, brake boosting = very bad

second, street racing = extremly bad

And last but not least, he didnt want to go 3rd at 40 cus in 3rd at 40 he is at 2500rpm (I should know I used to own one) and his turbo spools at around 3700ish on the 20g....

Like another member said, the Hahn racecraft kit is no joke, simple bolt on kit with no real power adders is an easy 350whp, I highly doubt the race was as close as you are claiming, My car wasnt anything special (268whp 302wtq) And it pulled hard in third gear at 60mph (kept up with c5 zo6 vettes)

I dont doubt you probably raced him, but either it wasnt as close as you are saying, or he was lying about his mods.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no i believe it if he was only at 14 psi.. thats extremely low esp with what his mods were.. my cousins srt with simple bolt ons turned his boost up to 18psi on stock everything... 14psi? why so low?
Old 05-31-2008, 07:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by datdude1119
haha wow that guys getting mad, maybe he SHOULDNT read your Post if he doesnt want to read about "your kills"

no one asked him to click the link, read everything, and form an opinion hmmm
makes perfect sense to me, nice race man

No ****, its not like I tricked him into reading the thread. UMMMM....It's titled..."Rhythmnsmoke vs 20G SRT-4", what was he expecting when his brain sent a signal to his hand making it click the mouse button on the link to my thread....
Old 05-31-2008, 07:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by SouLTakeR
First off, brake boosting = very bad

second, street racing = extremly bad

And last but not least, he didnt want to go 3rd at 40 cus in 3rd at 40 he is at 2500rpm (I should know I used to own one) and his turbo spools at around 3700ish on the 20g....

Like another member said, the Hahn racecraft kit is no joke, simple bolt on kit with no real power adders is an easy 350whp, I highly doubt the race was as close as you are claiming, My car wasnt anything special (268whp 302wtq) And it pulled hard in third gear at 60mph (kept up with c5 zo6 vettes)

I dont doubt you probably raced him, but either it wasnt as close as you are saying, or he was lying about his mods.

First off you can't state something without giving a reason to why that's your opinion. Don't need an opinion about the street racing part, everyone knows it's bad. But when it comes to brake boosting....You know, I didn't invent it or anything...LOL. It's been around since probably the day people started putting turbos on their cars. Supras do nothing BUT brake boost. How else you think they spool the car when they switch to a big Single turbine. Brake boosting = bad on brakes, and that is about it. Been brake boosting and racing this car for nearly 2 1/2 years, at what point is the "BAD" going to come in? I'm on Hawk HPS pads with Power Slot Slotted rotors by the way. Been on those for only a couple of months though, all previous races were on stock brakes and pads.

LOL.....I love when people call BS when they don't even know what I'm running. It was close dude, but at 100mph, the tC started pulling him. At 120mph, I was a fender to a fender and a half in front of the SRT.

Sorry you find that hard to believe, but you should get out more. Sure are a lot of haters, even in your own community. But it's cool man, if that's what you want to believe. I have never lied about any of my kills, don't see why I would lie now. I don't need to build up any sorta of credibility, I already have that, so what would I gain by telling a lie about beating a Hahn's Race craft 20G upgraded SRT-4?
Old 05-31-2008, 07:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by SoFloTC
no i believe it if he was only at 14 psi.. thats extremely low esp with what his mods were.. my cousins srt with simple bolt ons turned his boost up to 18psi on stock everything... 14psi? why so low?

Stock SRT-4's are 13 PSI correct me if I'm wrong. So, 14 PSI on twice the size turbo is still no joke on that car. 14 PSI is not low for it to be as fast as it is still. The way the guy was talking, to go higher than that on a 20G, he would need an upgraded fuel pump.

Quick Reply: Rhythmnsmoke vs 20G SRT-4