Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Rotrex Supercharger Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 04:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
teamNJCT
SL Member

I waited for this back in 2006, i dont think anything will happen.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

you're gonna need a lot more than 5-10 peeps to make this kind of request. And IMO, what would be the benefit over the TRD? Is this gonna be a roots style or centrifugal? I can see why they really don't wanna make one for the tC because this one might not be CARB legal and warranty definitely won't cover it because TRD already owns the Vortech one and probably won't move into this one
Old 10-14-2008, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm one of many TRD S/C owners out here, I'm very satisfied with mine, took it to the track this weekend(Buttonwillow, CA) and was very satisfied with the way the car ran and performed, so far I have beat on it and its going strong, if you take car of it(keep up with maintenance), its a great kit, I doubt anyone out there will be able to offer the kind of warranty Toyota offers, but if this company can match or come close the TRD warranty and outperform it, then kudos to them.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by g2autosports
I doubt anyone out there will be able to offer the kind of warranty Toyota offers, but if this company can match or come close the TRD warranty and outperform it, then kudos to them.
The type of warranty where its a pain in the ___ to get anything taken care of and they try to blame you every time something goes wrong with your car? Shouldn't be hard at all.

Rotrex supercharger works by using a special centrifugal system, its self contained, no need for oil line, and it spins a lot faster than a conventional centrifugal. It is a nice system.

I enjoyed my supercharger very much also, until the bearings locked up and it died a death similar to the one experienced by many scionlife members. We will see what happens when/if i get a new supercharger word is that they replace it with an 07 unit.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

u should post on all scion forums.. not just this one... try ClubScionTC.com theyll all show interest no lie.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:45 PM

I was planning on getting on other forums. And as for the one who said I needed more than 5-10 people.... I am well aware of that. I was wanting to get something like 100+ people interested.

The Rotrex superchargers spin to something like 9:1 I believe, so yes gompka, you are right with that one.

You will NEVER have toyota just replace a blown motor if something other than a TRD s/c were on the car (and I from things I've heard from the Tacoma world - it's just as much as a pain in the rear). The nice thing about a centrifugal system ran with a piggy back ecu is it's easy to remove without anyone ever knowing it's there if something crazy were to break. If that's the only reason keeping some of you guys from say "heck yea" lets push for it - re think it please.
Old 10-14-2008, 12:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

will it b able to handle heat from custom header types?
Old 10-14-2008, 01:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

newbies and their petition/interest threads...gotta love 'em.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by FLINT
will it b able to handle heat from custom header types?
I'm sure it could be worked around - but placement would play a large part on how much heat it would take.

And besides, I can't answer questions like these. That's not fair. I'm simply trying to engage interest in possible development. I want to be able to list forums and the usernames of people who are interested or encourage them to email Kraftwerks themselves. I'm hoping that with enough interest, Kraftwerks will re-evaluate their decision.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by jetlounge
I take a lot of offense to that. That kind of non-welcome is the reason I was leery to even post. In my opinion if you don't care anything about it - then don't post on this thread.

And as far as I'm concerned - I'm not a newbie. I've been watching this and other forums for close to 6 months. I just didn't decide to make a username and take part in some communities until I saw a reason to. I'm not one to get into drama or crap like that. I like to read feedback, suggestions on things to do with these cars and maybe see new ideas.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by 09bspsctC
Originally Posted by jetlounge
I take a lot of offense to that. That kind of non-welcome is the reason I was leery to even post. In my opinion if you don't care anything about it - then don't post on this thread.

And as far as I'm concerned - I'm not a newbie. I've been watching this and other forums for close to 6 months. I just didn't decide to make a username and take part in some communities until I saw a reason to. I'm not one to get into drama or crap like that. I like to read feedback, suggestions on things to do with these cars and maybe see new ideas.
Ignore him. and ignore any of the other a-holes on this forum that give you lip. i personally respect that you're taking it into your own hands to try and get something done. i wish you the best in your FI experience and hope you can get something done i would have probably gone S/C if it wasn't 3grand for 50whp. i just couldn't justify it, and you now seem to be in the same boat.

There are a lot of turbo guys in Florida i'd suggest hitting them up and seeing a turbo in person and/or going for a ride. never know might change your mind. Unless ofcourse you already have done that.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

to be honest wit u not to bash or anything but i think this is a lost cause. the tc has been around since 04/05 dont u think they would have taken a sc out for this car if it was a good platform to work on. they see that trd offers one as well as many turbo for our car.

as far as the fit goes one of the main reasons they chose that platform was because the fit doesnt have much aftermarket parts offered to it. and this company has the bragging rights to be the first offering a part for a car that has nothing for it like the xD, they also want to see how much power they can actually get out of that 107/110 hp car.

a good platform to work on would be for the xD not many after market companies offer anything for this car and it would be a great investment to be one of the first to throw a sc on the xD bc they would sell like crazy considering noone else out there offers anything for this car.

so coming down to it if they havnt taken it out for the tc but taken it out for the fit already chances are there not gonna take one out for it bc the tc is done for after next year.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

wait u dont like the way a turbo looks under the hood? u must be out ur mind lol

and i jus read ur profile. u have a magnaflow exhaust....with a autozone "ractive" muffler tip? huh...
Old 10-14-2008, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by rosedaleny806
wait u dont like the way a turbo looks under the hood? u must be out ur mind lol

and i jus read ur profile. u have a magnaflow exhaust....with a autozone "ractive" muffler tip? huh...
I see now that this forum is something I don't want to be with. And that tip can't be found at Autozone. Try searching for it. It's damn near impossible to find. It took me over 2 months to find someone who sold them. And opinions are like _______s - everyone has one. I'm sorry I don't like the clutter of a turbo under the hood. Everyone has their likes and dislikes - no need to bash someone just because they aren't matching up to yours.

No wonder things aren't pushed for - especially with people with that kind of attitude.

I guess ignorance is bliss.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:19 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

ractive is an autozone brand..filters etc.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/s:Exhaust%...-Brand=Ractive

are one of these ur ractive tips?? and im jus stating the fact that if u dont like a turbo YOUR OUT UR MIND its jus an opinion that is all. but might as well get the thought out of ur head that a company is gonna make a supercharger jus bc u have petition going telling them there wrong for nto making one for the money u spend on that charger 3k plus u can buy urself a turbo kit and GAIN ALOT MORE and with that saidi think u FAIL for trying so hard and getting mad at opinions and people telling u how it is.

RACTIVE IS CHEAP
Old 10-14-2008, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by rosedaleny806
ractive is an autozone brand..filters etc.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/s:Exhaust%...-Brand=Ractive

are one of these ur ractive tips?? and im jus stating the fact that if u dont like a turbo YOUR OUT UR MIND its jus an opinion that is all. but might as well get the thought out of ur head that a company is gonna make a supercharger jus bc u have petition going telling them there wrong for nto making one for the money u spend on that charger 3k plus u can buy urself a turbo kit and GAIN ALOT MORE and with that saidi think u FAIL for trying so hard and getting mad at opinions and people telling u how it is.

RACTIVE IS CHEAP
And no one of those weren't it.

And since when is AutoBarn and AutoZone the same dam thing?

And when did this turn into a personal attack against me???? I was simply just trying to gauge interest and show them. I NEVER said it would actually get done.

Forget I ever tried with you guys - and god forbid someone TRIES to push for something and gets hit in the face with something like that.

I'm removing my membership.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If a company outright says they don't have the time, resources, or interest in creating a product, I don't think 30 people are going to change their minds.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

LMFAOOOOOOOO autozone has them too aswell as pepboys hahaha if u searched for 2 months hard for that tip i found them in 5 minutes

search>you

were jus saying no matter how much u try they wont release it end of story they havnt done it yet chances r there not gonna do it now.

thats like us petitioning for INGS or any of those japanese brands.

get over urself hun noones getting mad if u remove ur membership and noone cares if u do trust me ur jus getting mad bc people r giving there opinions on it and u said it urself "I NEVER said it would actually get done" SO BASICALLY THIS THREAD IS POINTLESS FROM THE START

</thread>
Old 10-14-2008, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member

Trader
SL Member

what i dont understand is why your so worried about the aesthetic values of turbos and superchargers when they are really meant for performance...
Old 10-14-2008, 03:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

agreed.

Quick Reply: Rotrex Supercharger Kit