Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Round 3 at the Flashlight Drags

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 06:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Round 3 at the Flashlight Drags

Hi everyone, I've been away from SL for about a week. I got married on the 8th and was in DC from the 9th through the 12th. But I managed to go racing on the 15th. They didn't let anyone videotape this time , so I have no footage to back up my claims. I think everyone that saw my first 2 posts with videos knows that I do NOT BS. And Travis, it looks like I can't challenge you for video king anymore.
First I raced an 04 WRX. The driver was inexperienced and I beat him by about 4 car lengths. I finally beat a WRX in the 1/8th mile!
Then I was gonna race an 06 GTI, but she lost to an 06 Tiburon GT. I figured I'd go after the bigger fish (pun intended). I bogged at the launch, hit fuel cutoff in second, and missed 4th......and I still won by 2 - 3 car lengths!
Then I raced a V6 Cougar. Don't laugh, he had some extensive NA mods to it. He was claiming about 240 horsepower. I beat him by about 2 car lengths.

Then came the Top Tuner tournament. In the first round, I had to race the Cougar again. He said he made some tweaks to his car after our first race. This time I only won by 1.5 - 2 car lengths. I was very impressed that a Cougar could run that good.
In the semifinals, I had to race last months champion, an SRT-4 with a Mopar Stage 2 upgrade. He had already beaten an 04 GTO earlier. I actually jumped out to an early 1 car lead until 3rd gear when he passed me. He took me by 1.5 - 2 car lengths. I wish I had this race on video cuz I gave him a good fight. He went on to win the final round against thisy crazy, old VW Beetle that already beat an SRT-4 in the semis!
Overall it was a great day. My only loss was to the tuner car champ. I think I repped the supercharged tC very well.
PghtC, you gotta get up here on September 30th! Some dude from around the Burgh (he was friends with the Hybrid Dynamics guys) was talkin poop on my car!
Sorry I don't have videos, but I hope you enjoyed the details of my races

Ryan
Old 07-17-2006, 07:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That is awesome. Your threads have become my favorite reason to come to this website. Keep it up man! I would love to see that old Beetle in action though!
Old 07-17-2006, 02:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

That is awesome Ryno. Your threads have been rather entertaining. Hey, what type of strip is it that you race on? It's an airport strip right. I would imagine that the traction is on point on that. I find myself able to get better grip on the street when launching, then at some of the tracks that are DESIGNED for drag racing. I would imagine an air strip made of concrete would be just like the streets. I wouldn't mind coming to PA to test out your air strip.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:26 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Good stuff man.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good kills. I wonder what the cougar had done? They're usually extremely slow.

The S2 SRT-4 beating you by only 2 car lengths is kind of hard to swallow, but most of them do have alot of trouble launching and since it was only the 1/8th mile it would make sense.
Old 07-17-2006, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Whats your 1/8 numbers look like?
Old 07-17-2006, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yeah yeah...It was a busy weekend for me, and I couldn't make it out. I will try to be there on the 30th of September. That is pretty far out, so I don't know right now, but there is a chance I will be in Moab...

No videos = poop!
Old 07-17-2006, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mach06
I was wondering the same thing.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Wyatt_Herb
That is awesome. Your threads have become my favorite reason to come to this website. Keep it up man! I would love to see that old Beetle in action though!
I'm glad you enjoy them bro. The Beetle was really cool. He surprised a lot of people, especially the guy in the SRT-4 that he beat in the semis.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
That is awesome Ryno. Your threads have been rather entertaining. Hey, what type of strip is it that you race on? It's an airport strip right. I would imagine that the traction is on point on that. I find myself able to get better grip on the street when launching, then at some of the tracks that are DESIGNED for drag racing. I would imagine an air strip made of concrete would be just like the streets. I wouldn't mind coming to PA to test out your air strip.
That would be awesome if you came to PA! Then a tC could take home the trophy. It is an airstrip, but the traction is not as good as Quaker City Speedway (the only real drag strip I've ever been to). The traction is ok. Thanks for the props. Now I have to go to other venues to take videos.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

So can you please tell us your times?
Old 07-18-2006, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks for keeping us informed
Old 07-18-2006, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

good job ryan...always doing your thang over there at the airstrip..keep up the good work as usual
Old 07-18-2006, 04:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I thinks its awesome you've been doing on the S/C too. Def Props!
Old 07-18-2006, 04:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
Good kills. I wonder what the cougar had done? They're usually extremely slow.

The S2 SRT-4 beating you by only 2 car lengths is kind of hard to swallow, but most of them do have alot of trouble launching and since it was only the 1/8th mile it would make sense.
The Cougar had a lot done, at least as far as Cougars go anyway. Aside from the I/H/E thing, he had upgraded his intake manifold, throttle body, fuel system and engine management. I always rip on Cougars, but his was a decent car. He said he runs it at Beaverun sometimes.

As for the Stage 2 SRT-4, I was surprised at how well I did. Heck, I was in the lead til about 60 mph! It was probably a case of me driving very well and him having a bad run. Either way, I fared better against him than any other tuner car,
Old 07-18-2006, 04:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DouBLeJ16
Originally Posted by Mach06
I was wondering the same thing.
I wish I knew. The only thing that sucks about these events (other than only being 1/8th mile) is there are no timers running. It's a race to the finish line on an airport runway. It's all about fun and bragging rights.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
good job ryan...always doing your thang over there at the airstrip..keep up the good work as usual
Thanks bro!

On an interesting side note, the GTO that lost to the S2 SRT-4 is the same GTO that lost to an S2000 last month (remember the S2000 that served me my a$$ with a side of Fritos). He wanted to race in the Top Tuner tournament because his GTO is an "import". I just thought it was funny that he wanted to run with the 4-Bangin "tuner" cars.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

GTO = American car (Pontiac). Where is the "Import" part in Pontiac
Old 07-18-2006, 05:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's based on the Australian Holden Monaro. I'm not sure where they are, or should I say were built.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by ryno379
It's based on the Australian Holden Monaro. I'm not sure where they are, or should I say were built.

True. but calling the GTO an Import....is bit of a stretch don't you think?

Quick Reply: Round 3 at the Flashlight Drags