Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

running 3-4psi dd?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 11:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

a tc racing from a dig will a have a bit off different outcome from a roll race.. a huge part of dig race is traction, a race from a roll you will only worry about power and skill.. haha im getting addicted, i wanna race my buddy again and try to take down his 07 z this time
Old 09-07-2008, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
How did I know you were going to say that. His car runs in the mid 10's A/F Ratio. It's not like its tuned up over a normal Stage 0. It is a good example. The OP was talking about 3-4 psi untuned for Daily driving, but he said 6 PSI for races against the unsuspecting Z owner.

Again, don't forget about the other guy who Didn't have management at all, and ran 13.9 on slicks in the 1/4 mile. If Louis was on slicks, he would run about that too, so his car is in no shape or form disqualified from the scenario.

The only thing I agreed on is that he should race one and find out how "HE" does. I was merely stating that a good driver would beat a 350z with a Stage 0.
how many stage 0's were sold? my guess is somewhere in the triple digits. and out of all of those kits sold the absolute fastest time know of was a 13.99 with a ridiculous 1.7 60', on slicks. well im sure you have seen this list before travis...

http://my350z.com/forum/drag/233840-...ons-stock.html

...7th post down. just some 350Z track times on 100% stock Z's. even stock rubber. i imagine the times would drop even lower if they had slicks too.

the only way i could see a stage 0 tc untuned beating a 350Z is if the driver of the Z completely sucked. which isn't that hard to believe.

Brett....I own a 350z bro. I'm a member on my350z. Get over it. Pay attention, I have said it once already, the only Z I am talking about are 2003 - 2004. Every year after that, will be a tough time to handle, and don't even attempt to mess with an 07-08.

Racing at the drag strip would "obviously" be a different ball game. I was under the impression the OP was talking about street racing, correct me if I'm wrong. Street racing I was assuming he meant from a roll. You don't think it's possible and you don't even own the car. I've told you I have done it and you say that's not good enough....Nothing will satisfy you so...EOS..
Old 09-08-2008, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by NVMyTc
but the question is how many people on 5-6 psi untuned are running 13's?

the orignal poster said he wanted to turn it up to 5-6 psi so he can beat z's and g's. which i dont think is possible, becuase i have seen stock z's pull 13.8 in the 1/4 mile no problem, and i have yet to see one tc on 5-6 psi untuned, besides the one on slicks, get into the 13's

the only way to settle this is to get a stage 0 to run a stock z lol

sorry to the op for hijacking your thread, just trying to make a point.

ET has more to do with traction. If you want to see what a car can do on the street from a roll vs another car from a roll, then you need to pay more attention to their Trap Speeds.

As mentioned, an older Z will have a hard time taking out a low boosted tC. The tC would be ahead till about 110mph. Anything above that, the Z should creep past, not by a much, but should.

I own a 350z, and I own a turbo tC. In my crew, there is a full bolt-on S/C'ed tC, as well as a Stage 0 tC. We have raced these cars enough for me to give you this synopsis.

Originally Posted by B_Real45
First - people need to stop referencing "PSI" - because that doesn't mean crap at all. Every turbo is different - and every setup is different. Two different turbos running at 6psi will make different HP levels. Two same turbos at 6psi will make different HP levels if the exhaust manifold, exhaust, intake, whatever are different.

It's possible that 5-6 psi can have enough HP to beat a G or Z. All you need is a 54trim or larger and an EL manifold (like Java, Ace, and Meaty) and you'll have your HP to beat those cars.. although I think Ace has a special issue - don't mean to call you out, Ace.

I thought we were specifically talking about a Stage 0, which would do the job.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 09-08-2008, 12:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

lol
Old 09-08-2008, 01:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Kind of hard to be bench racing when there are people who have actually done it.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

done what?
Old 09-08-2008, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First - people need to stop referencing "PSI" - because that doesn't mean crap at all. Every turbo is different - and every setup is different. Two different turbos running at 6psi will make different HP levels. Two same turbos at 6psi will make different HP levels if the exhaust manifold, exhaust, intake, whatever are different.

It's possible that 5-6 psi can have enough HP to beat a G or Z. All you need is a 54trim or larger and an EL manifold (like Java, Ace, and Meaty) and you'll have your HP to beat those cars.. although I think Ace has a special issue - don't mean to call you out, Ace.

I was responding to everyone else chiming in "I'm at xx psi and I take Z's" or whatever.. not everyone here who responded is on a ZPI Stg 0.. so my point was that you need to stop referencing PSI to make a comparison.. it's useless.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

done what?

What were you implying as being bench racing?

I was responding to everyone else chiming in "I'm at xx psi and I take Z's" or whatever.. not everyone here who responded is on a ZPI Stg 0.. so my point was that you need to stop referencing PSI to make a comparison.. it's useless.

Gotcha, I was talking about the OP's goals.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pretty much this whole conversation. i think its funny thats all. if the original poster wants to know the answer to his question for sure. i suggest he finds a 350Z, and races it. rather than take the word of a bunch of people on scionlife, that are simply making guesses at best.

now, you were saying that people had "already done it". so will you please answer the question?
Old 09-08-2008, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

pretty much this whole conversation. i think its funny thats all. if the original poster wants to know the answer to his question for sure. i suggest he finds a 350Z, and races it. rather than take the word of a bunch of people on scionlife, that are simply making guesses at best.

now, you were saying that people had "already done it". so will you please answer the question?

When I made my comments it wasn't pure speculation or "bench racing". I've done it. I own a 350z (you know this), Louis has a Stage 0, my boy Rich has a S/C'ed tC with full bolt-ons, and a 9 PSI pulley. The Stage 0 is faster than a stock 03-04 350z. We put his Stage 0 with 3 people in the car against Rich's TRD S/Ced tC with him and his girl in it. Louis Stage 0 > Rich TRD S/C'ed tC. Stage 0 is slightly faster than a stock 03 350z. I ran Rich's TRD S/C'ed tC against the 350. He hung very well with me up till around 100mph, then I started to walk. Rich's S/C'ed dynoed 238whp.

Also, there are videos on youtube of a bottom line Stage 0 staying ahead of a 2005/06 G35 sedan up until 120mph by about a car, car 1/2. Z is slightly faster than a G35, but it still can be done.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I havent been on here in months and I see that Brett and Travis are still goin at it just like the good ol' days lmao...keep it up fellas
People are still gettin ZPI kits
Old 09-08-2008, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
A large % of that is people trying to dupilcate them. And then they just call it a ZPI kitz
Old 09-08-2008, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
A large % of that is people trying to dupilcate them. And then they just call it a ZPI kitz
gotcha...guess Ive been missing out on a lot since Ive been gone
Old 09-08-2008, 11:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^The only thing you missed exciting was the PTuning related information about their Time Attack Car. Bad **** tC. You can check out the thread and all the videos in it.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't think people are duplicating ZPI kits..

People are selling used ZPI kits.. and some include IC piping and an intercooler.. but don't know any better and call it a Stage 1.

ZPI kit isn't any more special than any other kit. It's a solid and affordable kit, mainly because it uses a very popular turbo and doesn't produce too much CFM at low psi so people can run it at low boost without an IC comfortably.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I don't think people are duplicating ZPI kits..

People are selling used ZPI kits.. and some include IC piping and an intercooler.. but don't know any better and call it a Stage 1.

ZPI kit isn't any more special than any other kit. It's a solid and affordable kit, mainly because it uses a very popular turbo and doesn't produce too much CFM at low psi so people can run it at low boost without an IC comfortably.

Count how many threads that say ZPI stage 1 or 0, and check to see if it is truly an authentic ZPI kit. I have come across 1 out of 10 threads saying its a ZPI kit, when it's not. They mimic the kit because they have a 16G and the log manifold.

That's all I was saying.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And those log manifolds with the mitsubishi flange are not ZPI?
Old 09-09-2008, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

And those log manifolds with the mitsubishi flange are not ZPI?

If I bought a manifold from Dezod, and a T3/T4 turbo to go on it, would I then have a Dezod kit?
Old 09-09-2008, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No but what exactly is a ZPI stage 0???

It's just a manifold and turbo practically.

Quick Reply: running 3-4psi dd?