Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

running 3-4psi dd?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 12:56 AM
Banned
SL Member

hey get some JE pistons, carrillo rods, extended sleeve..then you could run 30 PSI while eating your ice cream at the same time.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by B_Real45
No but what exactly is a ZPI stage 0???

It's just a manifold and turbo practically.

So a production ZPI Stage 0 was just a turbo and manifold? That's interesting seeing as how it had actual piping configuration designed so that it would be easy to convert to a Stage 1.

Again, if I bought a manifold from some company, and a turbine to fit it, and made or bought everything else myself (injectors, intercooler, intercooler pipes, etc...) that does not make it a turbo kit from "that" company I bought the manifold and turbine from.

That's just my opinion. It would be a custom kit. Have you seen some of the piping people have put on these "so-called" ZPI turbo kits? They look horrendous. An authentic production Stage 0 looked nothing like what I see on these boards as being a ZPI kit. My kit is no longer a ZPI kit even though it retains 80% of everything that was installed/bought from ZPI.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

So a production ZPI Stage 0 was just a turbo and manifold? That's interesting seeing as how it had actual piping configuration designed so that it would be easy to convert to a Stage 1.

Again, if I bought a manifold from some company, and a turbine to fit it, and made or bought everything else myself (injectors, intercooler, intercooler pipes, etc...) that does not make it a turbo kit from "that" company I bought the manifold and turbine from.

That's just my opinion. It would be a custom kit. Have you seen some of the piping people have put on these "so-called" ZPI turbo kits? They look horrendous. An authentic production Stage 0 looked nothing like what I see on these boards as being a ZPI kit. My kit is no longer a ZPI kit even though it retains 80% of everything that was installed/bought from ZPI.
Whoa.. sorry.. I totally forgot your affiliation with ZPI...

No one else makes a manifold with the Mitsubishi flange and dp with matching flange but ZPI. The "kit" is piping.. big deal. You're upset with people selling a "kit" that has a ZPI manifold and calling it ZPI? Didn't ZPI tell you they went out of business and don't need you to follow up on the PR?

Who really cares - I've seen "Turbonetics" kits being sold with a different turbo and wastegate.. it's still a T'netics as base.. because that's how it started.

If I took a Civic and put in a LS1 motor in it, it's still a Civic.. not a Camaro. I don't think anyone really cares if the rest of the kit is authentic ZPI. To be honest, I don't think there was anything authentic about the company in the first place. Cheap parts, for a cheap price, which was smartly put together so it would work. That's it. They didn't make anything except for the manifold and some piping.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Whoa.. sorry.. I totally forgot your affiliation with ZPI...

No one else makes a manifold with the Mitsubishi flange and dp with matching flange but ZPI. The "kit" is piping.. big deal. You're upset with people selling a "kit" that has a ZPI manifold and calling it ZPI? Didn't ZPI tell you they went out of business and don't need you to follow up on the PR?

Who really cares - I've seen "Turbonetics" kits being sold with a different turbo and wastegate.. it's still a T'netics as base.. because that's how it started.

If I took a Civic and put in a LS1 motor in it, it's still a Civic.. not a Camaro. I don't think anyone really cares if the rest of the kit is authentic ZPI. To be honest, I don't think there was anything authentic about the company in the first place. Cheap parts, for a cheap price, which was smartly put together so it would work. That's it. They didn't make anything except for the manifold and some piping.

You just contradicted yourself. I asked you if I bought a Dezod manifold, and a turbine, does that make it a Dezod kit.....didn't you just say no?

Secondly, I'm not upset people sell their custom kits using ZPI's name. What I do care about is the person who buys it. They buy not ever having seen a ZPI kit, so they get this concoction they think is a ZPI kit, then someone like me informs them on what they bought. I'm trying to help "those" people out. Excuse me for trying to provide "accurate" information.

What turbo kit company makes ANYTHING of their kit....lol (besides Turbonetics I reckon).

What is a "Custom" turbo kit according to your definition? According to your opinions, a truly "custom" turbo kit would have to have a manifold that NO other tC has.

Just FYI.....piping can spell the difference in how a kit performs. I'm sure you were aware of that though.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

my kit is all custom.. all custom made by turbotoyotas! hahaha
Old 09-09-2008, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes - my definition of custom would be just that - you go to a shop and they fab you up a manifold without a jig. That's custom.

Yes, if you purchased a Dezod manifold, and dp, and wastegate and throw up your own turbo on there, it would be essentially a Dezod kit... That's the hart of any turbo system... the manifold (which places the turbo at a certain location), the DP (which needs to match up to the turbo's location due to manifold), and even the wastegate placement.

Who makes their stuff? How about companies like Full-Race, Peak-boost (TurboToyotas), T'netics, Hahn Racecraft, Greddy..
Old 09-09-2008, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Yes - my definition of custom would be just that - you go to a shop and they fab you up a manifold without a jig. That's custom.

Yes, if you purchased a Dezod manifold, and dp, and wastegate and throw up your own turbo on there, it would be essentially a Dezod kit... That's the hart of any turbo system... the manifold (which places the turbo at a certain location), the DP (which needs to match up to the turbo's location due to manifold), and even the wastegate placement.

Who makes their stuff? How about companies like Full-Race, Peak-boost (TurboToyotas), T'netics, Hahn Racecraft, Greddy..

Full-Race does not make a turbo kit for the tC. They make a manifold. And I'll keep that in mind that when I buy their manifold and put it on, that means I have a Full-Race turbo kit for the tC (according to your definition/opinion), even though they don't make a kit for our cars.

Todd does not make (fabricate and build) his own stuff last time I checked.

T'netics, I already said they build their stuff.

Hahn Racecraft does not make a kit for our car.

GReddy....forgot about them. So, Tnetics and GReddy.

I wasn't talking about EVERY turbo kit manufacture out there. I'm talking about ones that have a kit for a tC. Sorry was not more specific.

Guess that's were we differ in opinion. If I bought a Dezod mani, and added a turbo to it with the other essentials, I would NOT consider it a Dezod kit. So, with that said, we can agree to disagree on that.

Gotta run now, Transformers is playing on HD channel.

pz..
Old 09-09-2008, 01:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Full-Race does not make a turbo kit for the tC. They make a manifold. And I'll keep that in mind that when I buy their manifold and put it on, that means I have a Full-Race turbo kit for the tC (according to your definition/opinion), even though they don't make a kit for our cars.

Todd does not make (fabricate and build) his own stuff last time I checked.

T'netics, I already said they build their stuff.

Hahn Racecraft does not make a kit for our car.

GReddy....forgot about them. So, Tnetics and GReddy.

I wasn't talking about EVERY turbo kit manufacture out there. I'm talking about ones that have a kit for a tC. Sorry was not more specific.
Yes I referred to mfg's other than those who make for TCs. Just stuff I'm more familiar with.

Look - I'm not ******* ZPI. I'm for the mfg that wants to make affordable kits for any car. I'm just saying who cares if it's a ZPI manifold, wg, turbo, but they added some piping and an IC? If I saw a TT manifold on a Scion, I would probably think it's a TT kit.. and if the rest isn't, who really cares?
Old 09-09-2008, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ha this is one of those silly threads.

you know what beats cars like that. cars that were already faster then a G car.

keep in mind. its a tC. not a car that was meant to race a G car. if your are doing rolling starts on the street your an idiot.

i had a very good friend killed from idiot street racers so take it to the track.

but in all honestly. you should be fine running low boost anywhere. but you must make sure your not just dumping fuel in there and its not trimmed back too far.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by firesquare
ha this is one of those silly threads.

you know what beats cars like that. cars that were already faster then a G car.

keep in mind. its a tC. not a car that was meant to race a G car. if your are doing rolling starts on the street your an idiot.

i had a very good friend killed from idiot street racers so take it to the track.

but in all honestly. you should be fine running low boost anywhere. but you must make sure your not just dumping fuel in there and its not trimmed back too far.
Very well said.

<-- not a fan of street racing.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
What were you implying as being bench racing?
pretty much this whole conversation. i think its funny thats all. if the original poster wants to know the answer to his question for sure. i suggest he finds a 350Z, and races it. rather than take the word of a bunch of people on scionlife, that are simply making guesses at best.

now, you were saying that people had "already done it". so will you please answer the question?

When I made my comments it wasn't pure speculation or "bench racing". I've done it. I own a 350z (you know this), Louis has a Stage 0, my boy Rich has a S/C'ed tC with full bolt-ons, and a 9 PSI pulley. The Stage 0 is faster than a stock 03-04 350z. We put his Stage 0 with 3 people in the car against Rich's TRD S/Ced tC with him and his girl in it. Louis Stage 0 > Rich TRD S/C'ed tC. Stage 0 is slightly faster than a stock 03 350z. I ran Rich's TRD S/C'ed tC against the 350. He hung very well with me up till around 100mph, then I started to walk. Rich's S/C'ed dynoed 238whp.

Also, there are videos on youtube of a bottom line Stage 0 staying ahead of a 2005/06 G35 sedan up until 120mph by about a car, car 1/2. Z is slightly faster than a G35, but it still can be done.
your friend louis' car is not a good example, as i seem to remember him having an e-manage, and the op is talking about using 3-4 psi untuned on a stage 0. like i said before. peoples opinions on this site are not going to have any effect on the outcome of a race between him and a 350Z. only way to know for sure is to go race one.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^^ hahahahhahahahah SHAMWOW!!!!!
Old 09-09-2008, 07:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

What were you implying as being bench racing?
pretty much this whole conversation. i think its funny thats all. if the original poster wants to know the answer to his question for sure. i suggest he finds a 350Z, and races it. rather than take the word of a bunch of people on scionlife, that are simply making guesses at best.

now, you were saying that people had "already done it". so will you please answer the question?

When I made my comments it wasn't pure speculation or "bench racing". I've done it. I own a 350z (you know this), Louis has a Stage 0, my boy Rich has a S/C'ed tC with full bolt-ons, and a 9 PSI pulley. The Stage 0 is faster than a stock 03-04 350z. We put his Stage 0 with 3 people in the car against Rich's TRD S/Ced tC with him and his girl in it. Louis Stage 0 > Rich TRD S/C'ed tC. Stage 0 is slightly faster than a stock 03 350z. I ran Rich's TRD S/C'ed tC against the 350. He hung very well with me up till around 100mph, then I started to walk. Rich's S/C'ed dynoed 238whp.

Also, there are videos on youtube of a bottom line Stage 0 staying ahead of a 2005/06 G35 sedan up until 120mph by about a car, car 1/2. Z is slightly faster than a G35, but it still can be done.
your friend louis' car is not a good example, as i seem to remember him having an e-manage, and the op is talking about using 3-4 psi untuned on a stage 0. like i said before. peoples opinions on this site are not going to have any effect on the outcome of a race between him and a 350Z. only way to know for sure is to go race one.

How did I know you were going to say that. His car runs in the mid 10's A/F Ratio. It's not like its tuned up over a normal Stage 0. It is a good example. The OP was talking about 3-4 psi untuned for Daily driving, but he said 6 PSI for races against the unsuspecting Z owner.

Again, don't forget about the other guy who Didn't have management at all, and ran 13.9 on slicks in the 1/4 mile. If Louis was on slicks, he would run about that too, so his car is in no shape or form disqualified from the scenario.

The only thing I agreed on is that he should race one and find out how "HE" does. I was merely stating that a good driver would beat a 350z with a Stage 0.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

What turbo kit company makes ANYTHING of their kit....lol (besides Turbonetics I reckon).
Nope! They only make the turbocharger. All else is made somewhere else. I am not at liberty to say who or where.

This last page is amusing.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How did I know you were going to say that. His car runs in the mid 10's A/F Ratio. It's not like its tuned up over a normal Stage 0. It is a good example. The OP was talking about 3-4 psi untuned for Daily driving, but he said 6 PSI for races against the unsuspecting Z owner.

Again, don't forget about the other guy who Didn't have management at all, and ran 13.9 on slicks in the 1/4 mile. If Louis was on slicks, he would run about that too, so his car is in no shape or form disqualified from the scenario.

The only thing I agreed on is that he should race one and find out how "HE" does. I was merely stating that a good driver would beat a 350z with a Stage 0.
how many stage 0's were sold? my guess is somewhere in the triple digits. and out of all of those kits sold the absolute fastest time know of was a 13.99 with a ridiculous 1.7 60', on slicks. well im sure you have seen this list before travis...

http://my350z.com/forum/drag/233840-...ons-stock.html

...7th post down. just some 350Z track times on 100% stock Z's. even stock rubber. i imagine the times would drop even lower if they had slicks too.

the only way i could see a stage 0 tc untuned beating a 350Z is if the driver of the Z completely sucked. which isn't that hard to believe.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Banned
SL Member

Guess who's back... back again... shady's back... tell a friend :D
Old 09-10-2008, 11:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod

Nope! They only make the turbocharger. All else is made somewhere else. I am not at liberty to say who or where.

This last page is amusing.

Interesting....did not know that.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

how many stage 0's were sold? my guess is somewhere in the triple digits. and out of all of those kits sold the absolute fastest time know of was a 13.99 with a ridiculous 1.7 60', on slicks. well im sure you have seen this list before travis...

...7th post down. just some 350Z track times on 100% stock Z's. even stock rubber. i imagine the times would drop even lower if they had slicks too.

the only way i could see a stage 0 tc untuned beating a 350Z is if the driver of the Z completely sucked. which isn't that hard to believe.

Brett....I own a 350z bro. I'm a member on my350z. Get over it. Pay attention, I have said it once already, the only Z I am talking about are 2003 - 2004. Every year after that, will be a tough time to handle, and don't even attempt to mess with an 07-08.

Racing at the drag strip would "obviously" be a different ball game. I was under the impression the OP was talking about street racing, correct me if I'm wrong. Street racing I was assuming he meant from a roll. You don't think it's possible and you don't even own the car. I've told you I have done it and you say that's not good enough....Nothing will satisfy you so...EOS..
Old 09-10-2008, 12:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Brett....I own a 350z bro. I'm a member on my350z. Get over it. Pay attention, I have said it once already, the only Z I am talking about are 2003 - 2004. Every year after that, will be a tough time to handle, and don't even attempt to mess with an 07-08.

Racing at the drag strip would "obviously" be a different ball game. I was under the impression the OP was talking about street racing, correct me if I'm wrong. Street racing I was assuming he meant from a roll. You don't think it's possible and you don't even own the car. I've told you I have done it and you say that's not good enough....Nothing will satisfy you so...EOS..
just because you own a 03-04 Z, and get beat by stage 0 tc's, doesn't mean that everyone else gets beat too. sorry travis. but all that comment says is that you need some more wheel time. take a look at all the 03-04 trap speeds on that list. there all faster than the fastest stage 0.

you can whine, and say "EOS", all you want travis. its not going to suddenly make you right, and make me stop proving you wrong. you should know better by now.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Dyltone
Guess who's back... back again... shady's back... tell a friend :D
OMG AJ!!!! Holla at ya boy. WELCOME BACK

Quick Reply: running 3-4psi dd?