Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

running 3-4psi dd?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 01:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Brett
just because you own a 03-04 Z, and get beat by stage 0 tc's, doesn't mean that everyone else gets beat too. sorry travis. but all that comment says is that you need some more wheel time. take a look at all the 03-04 trap speeds on that list. there all faster than the fastest stage 0.

you can whine, and say "EOS", all you want travis. its not going to suddenly make you right, and make me stop proving you wrong. you should know better by now.

Your right Brett, I'm the ONLY person in the world who has put a 350z against a Stage 0 tC or compared them. FYI....

quote from previous page.....

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
The older Z will creep past on anything above 110mph. It's top end > low end boosted tC's top end.
You tend to turn things into something else when that is not even what I said. You don't prove anything wrong, just merely add other factors into the equation to help your argument, or just say "that's not good enough because it doesn't meet my criteria". I don't really care what your criteria is. It is what it is. Give it up.

Again, all I'm saying is that it's possible. Sorry to burst your bubble, but you are not educating anyone here. You like to twist it up and confuse yourself by taking something said and drag it to extremes. No where did I say ALL Stage 0's are faster than ALL 350z's, or that you will win every single time. If you felt I implied that, than sorry you misunderstood. Simply put...It's possible to beat a 350z with a straight up Stage 0.

I'm not even going to go into questioning my ability to drive my Z. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You like to twist it up and confuse yourself by taking something said and drag it to extremes. No where did I say ALL Stage 0's are faster than ALL 350z's, or that you will win every single time.

When I made my comments it wasn't pure speculation or "bench racing". I've done it. I own a 350z (you know this), Louis has a Stage 0, my boy Rich has a S/C'ed tC with full bolt-ons, and a 9 PSI pulley. The Stage 0 is faster than a stock 03-04 350z. We put his Stage 0 with 3 people in the car against Rich's TRD S/Ced tC with him and his girl in it. Louis Stage 0 > Rich TRD S/C'ed tC. Stage 0 is slightly faster than a stock 03 350z. I ran Rich's TRD S/C'ed tC against the 350. He hung very well with me up till around 100mph, then I started to walk. Rich's S/C'ed dynoed 238whp.

i like how you edited your post on page 3 in hope that i wouldn't quote it and call you out on it.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
You like to twist it up and confuse yourself by taking something said and drag it to extremes. No where did I say ALL Stage 0's are faster than ALL 350z's, or that you will win every single time.

When I made my comments it wasn't pure speculation or "bench racing". I've done it. I own a 350z (you know this), Louis has a Stage 0, my boy Rich has a S/C'ed tC with full bolt-ons, and a 9 PSI pulley. The Stage 0 is faster than a stock 03-04 350z. We put his Stage 0 with 3 people in the car against Rich's TRD S/Ced tC with him and his girl in it. Louis Stage 0 > Rich TRD S/C'ed tC. Stage 0 is slightly faster than a stock 03 350z. I ran Rich's TRD S/C'ed tC against the 350. He hung very well with me up till around 100mph, then I started to walk. Rich's S/C'ed dynoed 238whp.

i like how you edited your post on page 3 in hope that i wouldn't quote it and call you out on it.

I didn't edit anything on page 3 sorry. It was the way it was written the first time.

And Just FYI...the Stage 0 that ran the 13.92 had a trap speed of 99mph (98.9) to be more exact. The older Z traps in the 100-102 mph range with a very good driver. The others on that list trap in the 98-99mph range. Again, sorry if you misunderstood me, I was not saying you will beat a Z Every single time you race one. Just that it can be done. I say it's faster simply by the odds of winning, which favor the tC. That is the method behind my logic. It is my opinion that a Stage 0 will for the most part win the most number of encounters it has against a stock pre 05 350z. For that reason is why I said what I said. Hate it or love it....

Have a good day.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I didn't edit anything on page 3 sorry. It was the way it was written the first time.
so on page 3 of this thread, on the second post down, under your sig, where it says, "Last edited by rhythmnsmoke on 9/10/08 8:29AM; edited 2 times in total", must just be a glitch then?

you aint gotta lie to kick it travis.

it went from this. a post that was made on the 7th...

What were you implying as being bench racing?
pretty much this whole conversation. i think its funny thats all. if the original poster wants to know the answer to his question for sure. i suggest he finds a 350Z, and races it. rather than take the word of a bunch of people on scionlife, that are simply making guesses at best.

now, you were saying that people had "already done it". so will you please answer the question?

Also, there are videos on youtube of a bottom line Stage 0 staying ahead of a 2005/06 G35 sedan up until 120mph by about a car, car 1/2. Z is slightly faster than a G35, but it still can be done.

to this. a post that was made on the 10th

How did I know you were going to say that. His car runs in the mid 10's A/F Ratio. It's not like its tuned up over a normal Stage 0. It is a good example. The OP was talking about 3-4 psi untuned for Daily driving, but he said 6 PSI for races against the unsuspecting Z owner.

Again, don't forget about the other guy who Didn't have management at all, and ran 13.9 on slicks in the 1/4 mile. If Louis was on slicks, he would run about that too, so his car is in no shape or form disqualified from the scenario.

The only thing I agreed on is that he should race one and find out how "HE" does. I was merely stating that a good driver would beat a 350z with a Stage 0.
how many stage 0's were sold? my guess is somewhere in the triple digits. and out of all of those kits sold the absolute fastest time know of was a 13.99 with a ridiculous 1.7 60', on slicks. well im sure you have seen this list before travis...

http://my350z.com/forum/drag/233840-...ons-stock.html

...7th post down. just some 350Z track times on 100% stock Z's. even stock rubber. i imagine the times would drop even lower if they had slicks too.

the only way i could see a stage 0 tc untuned beating a 350Z is if the driver of the Z completely sucked. which isn't that hard to believe.

Brett....I own a 350z bro. I'm a member on my350z. Get over it. Pay attention, I have said it once already, the only Z I am talking about are 2003 - 2004. Every year after that, will be a tough time to handle, and don't even attempt to mess with an 07-08.

Racing at the drag strip would "obviously" be a different ball game. I was under the impression the OP was talking about street racing, correct me if I'm wrong. Street racing I was assuming he meant from a roll. You don't think it's possible and you don't even own the car. I've told you I have done it and you say that's not good enough....Nothing will satisfy you so...EOS..
i like how you tried to cover your tracks though.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

travis and brett wont you just kiss and make up?
Old 09-10-2008, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

so on page 3 of this thread, on the second post down, under your sig, where it says, "Last edited by rhythmnsmoke on 9/10/08 8:29AM; edited 2 times in total", must just be a glitch then?

you aint gotta lie to kick it travis.

it went from this. a post that was made on the 7th...

What were you implying as being bench racing?
pretty much this whole conversation. i think its funny thats all. if the original poster wants to know the answer to his question for sure. i suggest he finds a 350Z, and races it. rather than take the word of a bunch of people on scionlife, that are simply making guesses at best.

now, you were saying that people had "already done it". so will you please answer the question?

Also, there are videos on youtube of a bottom line Stage 0 staying ahead of a 2005/06 G35 sedan up until 120mph by about a car, car 1/2. Z is slightly faster than a G35, but it still can be done.

to this. a post that was made on the 10th

How did I know you were going to say that. His car runs in the mid 10's A/F Ratio. It's not like its tuned up over a normal Stage 0. It is a good example. The OP was talking about 3-4 psi untuned for Daily driving, but he said 6 PSI for races against the unsuspecting Z owner.

Again, don't forget about the other guy who Didn't have management at all, and ran 13.9 on slicks in the 1/4 mile. If Louis was on slicks, he would run about that too, so his car is in no shape or form disqualified from the scenario.

The only thing I agreed on is that he should race one and find out how "HE" does. I was merely stating that a good driver would beat a 350z with a Stage 0.
how many stage 0's were sold? my guess is somewhere in the triple digits. and out of all of those kits sold the absolute fastest time know of was a 13.99 with a ridiculous 1.7 60', on slicks. well im sure you have seen this list before travis...

http://my350z.com/forum/drag/233840-...ons-stock.html

...7th post down. just some 350Z track times on 100% stock Z's. even stock rubber. i imagine the times would drop even lower if they had slicks too.

the only way i could see a stage 0 tc untuned beating a 350Z is if the driver of the Z completely sucked. which isn't that hard to believe.

Brett....I own a 350z bro. I'm a member on my350z. Get over it. Pay attention, I have said it once already, the only Z I am talking about are 2003 - 2004. Every year after that, will be a tough time to handle, and don't even attempt to mess with an 07-08.

Racing at the drag strip would "obviously" be a different ball game. I was under the impression the OP was talking about street racing, correct me if I'm wrong. Street racing I was assuming he meant from a roll. You don't think it's possible and you don't even own the car. I've told you I have done it and you say that's not good enough....Nothing will satisfy you so...EOS..
i like how you tried to cover your tracks though.

If you noticed the post at the very top of this page that contains a quote from myself. That quote from myself is what caused the edit stamp. Again, I did not edit the original comment on page 3. I went to copy the quote on page three and accidentally posted my reply to you "Inside" of the comment on Page 3. So, I had to go back, copy it all back out, make sure I straightened up the HTML and then repost it BACK where it belong, which is my post at the top of this page.

Sorry for the confusion but again, I did not edit the original comment.

I admire your persistent witch hunt though. But you are mistaken.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Seriously, if I edited the comment I would have said....YES I edited the comment. I'm not a liar nor is anything on SL remotely close to being important to where I would retype something in fear of saving face....lol.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you noticed the post at the very top of this page that contains a quote from myself. That quote from myself is what caused the edit stamp. Again, I did not edit the original comment on page 3. I went to copy the quote on page three and accidentally posted my reply to you "Inside" of the comment on Page 3. So, I had to go back, copy it all back out, make sure I straightened up the HTML and then repost it BACK where it belong, which is my post at the top of this page.

yes you did travis. how could a post that i made on the 10th magically show up as something you quoted on a post 3 days earlier?
Old 09-10-2008, 11:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I know this isnt a nissan post but how much quicker are the 07-08 then the older ones? i didnt know there was that much of a difference. Please spend 1 line to explain just so i know. Also, the new Z's what do they compare to turbo/sc wise for the tc?
Old 09-11-2008, 12:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

yes you did travis. how could a post that i made on the 10th magically show up as something you quoted on a post 3 days earlier?

I went to copy the quote on page three and accidentally posted my reply to you "Inside" of the comment on Page 3.

Originally Posted by jwaggz82
I know this isnt a nissan post but how much quicker are the 07-08 then the older ones? i didnt know there was that much of a difference. Please spend 1 line to explain just so i know. Also, the new Z's what do they compare to turbo/sc wise for the tc?
The newer Z (07+) is a good .5 - a full second faster than the older Z. The new Z has a recorded time of 13.1 in the 1/4 mile completely bone stock. Some guys have broken high 12s with maybe one or two bolt-ons. It has an increased revlimit, a bump in HP (306hp I believe is the current power), and I believe also the power band is better. I rumors are floating that the next Z will be in the ball park of 350-360hp N/A'ed.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:17 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i went with my friend when he bought his g37 and the the salesman said the 370z will have 5hp less than the g37
Old 09-11-2008, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Scionlife....aint a damn thing changed