Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

Running Boost Gauge's Nylon Tubing Through Firewall

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

Default Running Boost Gauge's Nylon Tubing Through Firewall

I've been searching for an answer with no luck. I want to run the nylon tubing for my mechanical boost gauge through the firewall of my tC and don't know how I should go about it. I'm afraid if I run it through the existing rubber gommets for all other wiring, it'll get kinked. Don't really want to derill holes. How has everyone else done this? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I wouldnt use the nylon tubing provided, maybe some actuall vaccum lines because if it gets a cut or something then ur guage will be off
Old 08-11-2007, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ Yeh.. I would use a rubber vacuum line as well. As for running the vacuum line through your firewall... the rubber or nylon vacuum line should be thick/strong enough to not kink and run it through the rubber grommet located on the passenger side of the firewall, remove your glove compartment and push the rubber grommet out so you can put the vacuum line in through.
Don't worry about the rubber grommet on the firewall kinking your vacuum line, the grommet is really flexible and thin. This is how I did it from the glove compartment... I ran it to the center cubby panel by popping the little light in the back out (luckily my vacuum line fit through the little hole where the light used to be). So I didn't have to drill or slice anything. I just used the wire from the little light I removed from the center cubby hole and tapped the boost guage light wire into it (turns on when I turn on my lights).
Old 08-11-2007, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

^ I did the same, kind of a bad place to the gauge because you have to take your eyes off the road, but looks pretty neat there and is pretty stealth there. When I get my A/F gauge its going in the cubby and boost is going on the steering wheel.