Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

S/C at 12psi!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default S/C at 12psi!!!

In conjunction with ForceFed Racing and NST we have finished the 12psi setup. Unfortunately going from 9 to 12psi Only netted about 12-15whp. It wasnt very efficient at 12psi w/o an intercooler or water injection. However we did end up with 249whp which is nothing to shake a stick at but also not what we had hoped for. Next will be water injection and we'll see what happens from there. We didnt do any pulls on 98+ octane but if it would have netted the same results as with the 9psi kit we could be looking at 265whp.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I think Munch already was pushin 12psi.. correct me if I am wrong. I am in a debockle.. should I get a s/c or a turbo.. I like the idea of keeping my header and intake, since I already have them.. and just slap that puppy on, along with some 12psi pully's..

What do you have done exactly to your tC Lundy?
Old 04-11-2006, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah Munch was running 12psi. Between simplyscion, highlandermac, me, and scion-ce expect some big numbers by the end of this year that should change some people's minds about the s/c
Old 04-11-2006, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ok.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I am stuck between the two.. I love the turbo sound and performance, but I also seek reliability since I am probally one of, if not the highest milage tC on this site.. I know between pully's and some N2O.. little things here and there.. I think the s/c'd owners are for sure going to be throwing down some sick #'s.. decisions, decisions, decisions..

Plus I want to start AutoX'in too.. I know s/c applications are probally better suited, correct?
Old 04-11-2006, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not sure about auto-x but I know road racing the supercharger is said to be better. I would think if you could keep the engine in the right rpm during auto-x (about 3500+) you'd make a pretty good showing. I'm wanting to auto-x mine as well but I want some suspension upgrades first which I don't want to do until I get the power mods I'm wanting on. I could be wrong but I think one, if not the, best upgrades for s/c owners will be a new flywheel. Getting into that constantly gaining boost faster will be great for the s/c'd cars.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by kytc
Yeah Munch was running 12psi. Between simplyscion, highlandermac, me, and scion-ce expect some big numbers by the end of this year that should change some people's minds about the s/c
I don't think anyone was doubting that you couldn't make the S/C put down decent #'s with supporting mods. It's jut the fact it's going to take more money to get the same #'s was my only complaint.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I dont know either.. but I have everything I need almost except some sort of F/I application.. I need to get some proposals wrote again.. I should have never given up on my initial sponsorships Idiot... Gosh!
Old 04-11-2006, 04:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I'd love to see what a air/liquid chargecooler would net on a 12psi s/c. even running @ 12psi, your still going to see a significant boost loss with a conventional air/air intercooler. Still, 250 whp is rather nice :D is the engine going to be able to handle it?
Old 04-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Banned
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Originally Posted by kytc
I don't think anyone was doubting that you couldn't make the S/C put down decent #'s with supporting mods. It's jut the fact it's going to take more money to get the same #'s was my only complaint.
I don't mind paying more money for more reliability
Old 04-11-2006, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

How do you like the NST pulley compared to the zpi pulleys you have run in the past..?
Old 04-11-2006, 05:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

250whp is not bad at all man! What other supporting modifications did you do to get there?
I will stay tuned for your updates and future plans
Old 04-11-2006, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

NST's fit a little bit better. The machining on it is perfect as where ZPI's had a little play at the keyhole. I used the ZPI's for 4k+ and never had a problem though. NST does pulley's and nothing else and I would say they do it the best
Old 04-11-2006, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

yo Lundy, tell Dave to call my a$$...he still owes me a reflash
Old 04-11-2006, 05:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Megan Exhaust, downpipe, and Unichip. Stock Exhaust manifold. And no i wont be changing the stock manifold either. I know there are claims that one makes more power than the other but I like the way my cars sounds. I had the header in the past. Its just not for me. I'll give up a few extra hp to have a smooth mellow exhaust note
Old 04-11-2006, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll talk to him later today and tell him to give you a call. He has been crazy busy lately with all of the projects he has. He actually did my car Friday night at like midnight almost, but I will be sure to let him know
Old 04-11-2006, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Not bad.. Unichip.. Nice I want to get my car tuned with the Unichip regardless of s/c or turbo
Old 04-11-2006, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by lundy
I'll talk to him later today and tell him to give you a call. He has been crazy busy lately with all of the projects he has. He actually did my car Friday night at like midnight almost, but I will be sure to let him know
good lookin out brotha...nice numbers!
Old 04-11-2006, 05:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti
Not bad.. Unichip.. Nice I want to get my car tuned with the Unichip regardless of s/c or turbo
unichip is sooo sweet...you will love it, trust me
Old 04-11-2006, 05:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti
Fred at www.totalperf.com sells and tunes the unichip. And he is in Maryland.

Quick Reply: S/C at 12psi!!!