Notices
Scion tC 1G Forced Induction Turbo and supercharger applications...

s/c questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 06:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BLUEMEANIE
Not sure how I missed this one but I have a modified Injen intake and I was running a Forge 007 with the recirculation pipe removed and SC plugged for a while. I'm using an HKS SSQV with an adapter on the stock charge pipe now. Eventually I'll be getting b52hDUNN's pipe kit or having a full aluminum intake/charge pipe set made. AFRs are fine.
If you people are making power gains on the stock TRD map with adding and intake and atmospheric BOV, more power to you.

You act like i have no Idea what I'm talking about.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Hamster
SL Member

Um ...not sure why you singled me out, I was jumping in with goodguy and dunn...

You clearly stated that you can't run a bov and intake with out a re-tune however the three of us are doing so on the TRD tune and our monitored AFRs are fine.

No one ever claimed there were power gains to be had.

Last edited by BLUEMEANIE; 03-18-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Um ...not sure why you singled me out, I was jumping in with goodguy and dunn...

You clearly stated that you can't run a bov and intake with out a re-tune however the three of us are doing so on the TRD tune and our monitored AFRs are fine.

No one ever claimed there were power gains to be had.

Sorry, only quoted you. It was meant to everyone. I never said it wouldn't work. IMO I wouldn't spend money on an atmospheric BOV and intake unless there were some power gains. Which there probably won't be. But if you like have bling with the intake and some woosh sounds with the BOV then that is fine by me. Not trying to be hostile one bit. Everyone does things for different reason.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Trader
SL Member

Originally Posted by bdis3
Sorry, only quoted you. It was meant to everyone. I never said it wouldn't work. IMO I wouldn't spend money on an atmospheric BOV and intake unless there were some power gains. Which there probably won't be. But if you like have bling with the intake and some woosh sounds with the BOV then that is fine by me. Not trying to be hostile one bit. Everyone does things for different reason.
dude stop talking out of your a** you clearly don't know what you are talking about. Have you ever owned a supercharger? If not please stop posting about it.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Hamster
SL Member

^^ Cool, cool.

The way I see it, we all know the oem Bosch 102 BPV is crap, it starts bleeding around 5lbs, so you're gonna replace it anyways, right? The Forge 007 BPV is gonna cos you around $130-150 new and you can get the HKS SSQV + the correct adapter for the oem pipe and the plug for the SC inlet for about $100-120 all day long online. Throw in shipping and your about even either way. So, since both hold full boost and the oem valve doesn't there's your gain. And since you'll be replacing the oem anyway because you want all the psi you can get, I see no difference other than personal preference.

Additionally you can run the SSQV as well as most other BOVs with a recirculation fitting so it functions exactly the same as the stock BPV.

...I left the $55 Bosch 110 out because its the same weak rubber diaphragm as the 102 sept its got a heavier spring. Not really worth the effort or cost of replacing imo.

[edit]
The bling part is getting the pipe/adapter/hoses to mount it like dunn or goodguy. Mine is in the oem location on the oem hose so its only obvious if you're looking for it.

Last edited by BLUEMEANIE; 03-18-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by b52hDUNN
dude stop talking out of your a** you clearly don't know what you are talking about. Have you ever owned a supercharger? If not please stop posting about it.

Yes, i have actually. Loved it except for the fact I didn't make much power. Stop talking about someone before you know who they are.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ Cool, cool.

The way I see it, we all know the oem Bosch 102 BPV is crap, it starts bleeding around 5lbs, so you're gonna replace it anyways, right? The Forge 007 BPV is gonna cos you around $130-150 new and you can get the HKS SSQV + the correct adapter for the oem pipe and the plug for the SC inlet for about $100-120 all day long online. Throw in shipping and your about even either way. So, since both hold full boost and the oem valve doesn't there's your gain. And since you'll be replacing the oem anyway because you want all the psi you can get, I see no difference other than personal preference.

Additionally you can run the SSQV as well as most other BOVs with a recirculation fitting so it functions exactly the same as the stock BPV.

...I left the $55 Bosch 110 out because its the same weak rubber diaphragm as the 102 sept its got a heavier spring. Not really worth the effort or cost of replacing imo.

[edit]
The bling part is getting the pipe/adapter/hoses to mount it like dunn or goodguy. Mine is in the oem location on the oem hose so its only obvious if you're looking for it.

I agree with everything you said completely. Idk, I just like my Recirculated BOV/BPV. If the Tial alpha q wasnt so new when I made all my new intercooler piping you can bet I would have a recirc'd BOV instead of the Atmospheric Tial 50mm.